LibreELEC (Leia) 9.1.002 ALPHA

• Source: LibreELEC (Leia) 9.1.002 ALPHA – LibreELEC

• Is updating inside of LibreELEC not supported for Alpha builds? I've rebooted my Pi4 several times since yesterday but there is still nothing in the update section. I changed it to manual but there's no difference.

• Is updating inside of LibreELEC not supported for Alpha builds? I've rebooted my Pi4 several times since yesterday but there is still nothing in the update section. I changed it to manual but there's no difference.

Yeah that won't work, you'll have to download the image and put it in the updates folder using Samba then reboot the RPi. It will install and update automatically then

• Works great with the RPi4!!

Kodi interface is much smoother and quicker, the media preview images load much faster, and the temperature of the CPU seems to have come down by about 3ºC

Video playback seems to be very smooth (at 1080p), but it already was with the first alpha..

Thank you for all your work!

• I'm new to LibreELEC but have been using kodi for many years on windows.

Few issues that i've noted so far is screen tearing when browsing around. I've tried multiple skins but the tearing is present on all.

Also I'm having hard time scanning tv shows to library.

I'm using mysql server and the problem is both on my pi 3 and pi 4 so dont think its pi 4 related.

Scanning works perfect on my windows setup but hangs when trying to update library on my pi's. I guess i can skip updating from my pi's but would love that to work too.

• Works great with the RPi4!!

Kodi interface is much smoother and quicker, the media preview images load much faster, and the temperature of the CPU seems to have come down by about 3ºC

Video playback seems to be very smooth (at 1080p), but it already was with the first alpha..

Thank you for all your work!

I haven't looked at the temperatures but yesterday I experienced asynchronous video playback on a 1080p Netflix stream. Video was up to two seconds behind the audio but after a scene cut it was in sync again for 1 or 2 minutes. Maybe it has something to do with the cpu temperature.

I'm using the Pi4 without a case but I have a hifiberry on the GPIO

• I haven't looked at the temperatures but yesterday I experienced asynchronous video playback on a 1080p Netflix stream. Video was up to two seconds behind the audio but after a scene cut it was in sync again for 1 or 2 minutes. Maybe it has something to do with the cpu temperature.

I'm using the Pi4 without a case but I have a hifiberry on the GPIO

Quite certainly the CPU was maxed out and the RPi couldn't keep up with decoding the video.

While that can be caused by high temperature (and thus throttling, in which case you should see the thermometer icon pop up) I've also seen that with some streams (eg Black Mirror S01E02 at around 59:30-1:00:00) which have very high peak bitrate scenes.

The RPi4 probably needs to be overclocked to keep up with this - or switch to the next lower bitrate stream (IIRC the ~7Mbit/sec 1080p Black Mirror stream peaked to about 11-13Mbit/sec and ran into a/v sync issues, the ~6Mbit/sec 1080p stream played fine). Limiting the max bitrate may also help with that.

so long,

Hias

• Nope I didn't see any temp icon in the corner. But I do know that the idle temp is about 60degrees Celsius.

I will try to check the Bitrate you mentioned and report back

• Not intentionally - SMB shares (smb://) is working fine here. What issues are you seeing, with what server, please post a debug log.

All of a sudden, for me, my SMB shares stopped working too. Operation not permitted was returned.

After pulling out the last two hairs from my head I determined it to be an SMB version issue. Capped the max SMB version to v2 and was able to browse SMB shares on my Synology again.

The confusing thing is everything was working fine for ages prior to this popping up.

Now, I did make some security changes on the Synology in response to security concerns about ransomware attacks. But I never touched SMB version settings. it was and still is set to use SMBv1 though v3.

This issue popped up on both my x64Generic and OdroidC2 installs.