Posts by Puschl

Thank you all for your help, really appreciate it :)

CvH i understand that the word Hyperion directly starts some kind of autopiloted answer. i would do the same if i had the same questions over and over again ;D

HiassofT I just downloaded the update and transferred it to the Pi. i report back once i have a chance to reboot it.

popcornmix Thank you for the link to github. i was sitting here and asking myself "what to do now"... maybe one day i start to learn how that github stuff works. but that will be not today ;)

Cheers

Puschl

Sorry, it seems i made some information disappear ;)

below i have listed my hardware that i am using and Hyperion.NG was working in this configuration till i had updated from October LE11 Nightly to November LE 11 Nightly!

-RPi4

-218x APA102 LEDs

-USB Grabber

-5v 20A Netzteil

-Hifiberry-Digi

i got that USB Grabber because the internal Grabber from Hyperion doesnt work anymore and that worked really well.

After searching half the interwebs it seems that it is something Kernel-related....

Unluckily i do not have an older image from October on my HDD to downgrade/compare

After updating from a nightly that was build on October 14th to November 16 i am missing the path for Hyperion.NG output (/dev/spidev0.0 and /dev/spidev0.1)

dtparam=spi=on is set in config.txt and my hifiberry is working like always.

here some ssh outputs:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # vcdbg log msg 2>&1 >/dev/null | grep spi
    007983.027: dtparam: spi=on
    Code
    LibreELEC:~/.config/modprobe.d # lsmod | grep spi_
    spi_bcm2835            24576  0
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /sys/bus/spi/devices/
    spi0.0  spi0.1
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /sys/module/spidev/
    parameters  uevent
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ls /sys/module/spi_bcm2835/
    coresize    holders     initstate   parameters  sections    uevent
    drivers     initsize    notes       refcnt      taint

so everything tells me that spi is working but no spidev* directory in /dev/ and i have no idea where to look or how to fix this issue.

does anyone know if something changed in the kernel (i read somewhere that enabling/disabling is a kernel feature) so that this comes up?

oh and today i tried a fresh install on a new sd card (LE 10 -> LE 11 nightly Nov.24 -> hyperion.ng) but its all the same..

hope anyone can shed some light in this because i am out of ideas right now

greets

Yes, please uninstall the old hyperion version and test with the hyperion addon from the LibreELEC repo - would be good to rule that out as it's a possible source for the issue.

so long,

Hias

I killed the old Hyperion using the HyperCon Software and reinstalled it from the repo and copied my config.

i added the "hdmi_enable_4kp60=1" in config.txt but nothing changed.

Hyperion+Inputstream.Adaptive with resolutions over 480p ends in massive blackscreens..

would you mind posting your hyperion.config.json to compare grabber baudrate etc?

greets

Works great with the RPi4!!

Kodi interface is much smoother and quicker, the media preview images load much faster, and the temperature of the CPU seems to have come down by about 3ºC

Video playback seems to be very smooth (at 1080p), but it already was with the first alpha..

Thank you for all your work!

I haven't looked at the temperatures but yesterday I experienced asynchronous video playback on a 1080p Netflix stream. Video was up to two seconds behind the audio but after a scene cut it was in sync again for 1 or 2 minutes. Maybe it has something to do with the cpu temperature.

I'm using the Pi4 without a case but I have a hifiberry on the GPIO

I got my Pi4/4Gb yesterday, flashed the Alpha Build and after some troubles with the HDMI port (black screen) I got it running.

But now I have a problem with video playback that I cannot solve. Every video (no matter what resolution) I play seems to be "laggy" on faster camera movements. Means I have horizontal lines and a shifted picture.

Will the exchange of the 2 files (.elf/.dat) solve that issue or is there another way to fix this issue?

Sorry my english is a bit rusty..

Greets