Posts by Sanity

I'm having some issues on boot atm. most of the time when booting libreelec it stops on "waiting for network" and then nothing happens.

Apart from that the response in library browsing etc is much smoother now :)

Maybe i should just fresh install kodi instead of using old backups and see if it runs better.

I have also moved my install to ssd today. I did install rasbian and updated/fixed boot manager that way and then I did a fresh install of libreelec :)

So far so good.

Haven't done any testings yet but will do it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Hello Sanity,

Thanks for your comments. Understood your option. Would you share how does it looks like ? Which type of casing, and fan, power supply ?

Thanks

Hey,

At the moment I don't use a case for it. There were none availible when i bought my pi4 :P

The fan is just a noname that I had spare and I have just put it on top of the pi for now. The power supply is a original one.

I'll buy a case as soon as I can find one and it will prolly be a larger case cause I believe that I always need a fan to keep decent temperatures!

I have not updated my firmware and I had same temps as you before I added a small 40mm fan on top of the pi.

My idle temps are now around 34-42 C depending on the room temperature.

I've read some various reports about the firmwares pros and cons and decided not to update for now.

The fan is doing a great job and i can only hear it if i put my ear close to it.

I'm new to LibreELEC but have been using kodi for many years on windows.

Few issues that i've noted so far is screen tearing when browsing around. I've tried multiple skins but the tearing is present on all.

Also I'm having hard time scanning tv shows to library.

I'm using mysql server and the problem is both on my pi 3 and pi 4 so dont think its pi 4 related.

Scanning works perfect on my windows setup but hangs when trying to update library on my pi's. I guess i can skip updating from my pi's but would love that to work too.

I have a mini-hdmi adapter for my pi4. bought it cheap but it supports [email protected] without issues.

I have not tried HDR as there is no support for it atm but i think that will also work.

Sorry i missread, I have a micro adapter. Should be same though as long as all pins are used.

Link seems down?