How did you solve it?
Probably the same to what happened to me but I got nothing attached as monitor...just a headless pi as server...works only with hdmi..
So probably if you remove the composite output you will have the same issue as when it is attached.
go to addondata folder and delete service.libreelec.settings and reboot..
Probably not the neatest way of fixing it but should work..
Has this been fixed or do we still have to add the code to autostart.sh??
Should the latest version work on LE 9.0.2 Rpi2 or I have to update to 9.1.xxx?
I upgraded to 9.1.002 from 9.0.2 and ended up in Safe Mode.
The boot process got stuck in "stopping" the plex media server (PMS) for some reason. After some failed attempts it booted into Safe Mode.
Sorry for not collecting logs and all, went back to 9.0.2.
Is your Rpi headless?
Can you try enabling hdmi_force_hotplug=1 in config.txt? Looks like kodi is having troubles with composite video mode (which is default if no HDMI device is connected).
Hi thanks for your reply...to be honest I had a hard time to roll back to 9.0.2 as the addons I have installed where updated to work with 9.1.002 and after I reinstalled 9.0.2 again the addons didn't downgrade and I lost VNC connection...
Anyway now I am back on 9.0.2 and all is working fine..
I would like to try what you suggested but perhaps I will try to replicate issue on my other RPi at home so I can fix quickly if something goes wrong as the Rpi in question is 3000km away from home with no tv attached to it...so got to do everything through ssh and vnc so hardwork..
Maybe someone else who got same issue can try this...
So I updated a RPi 3b from LibreElec Addon from 9.0.2 to 9.1.002 and it starting acting weirdly...went to safe mode many times and got over 2000 crash logs in a week..
Addons don't respond and couldn't connect in any way to the Rpi.
Main error I could see in every log is this :Code
- 2019-08-03 11:20:34.362 T:1937531456 ERROR: failed to create window surface (EGL_BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW)
- 2019-08-03 11:20:34.362 T:1937531456 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to create window
- 2019-08-03 11:20:34.720 T:1937531456 ERROR: eglSwapBuffers failed (EGL_SUCCESS)
- 2019-08-03 11:20:34.720 T:1937531456 ERROR: Exception in CApplication::Cleanup()
This is a headless Rpi being used as a TvHeadened server with RPi TVHat attached..
Only addons installed are VNC,Tvheadend Server/HTSP Client and Emby4.
Please understand this is far away from my home so it's bit hard for me to try certain things.
Any Help appreciated..
More Logs HERE
I think there were some issues with TVDB...probably it's not a TVHeadend issue
probably you have wired and wireless networks disabled in the libreelec settings addon
On the updates menu you will have to change update channel from 9 to 8 first to see old versions...
What kind of problems are you having if i may ask?
Today CVH compiled latest tvheadend server 4.3 if you want to try
You can do that by creating different recording profiles pointing to different storage but TVH Clients don't recognize that....you have to change profiles for your recordings from the TVH Server web UI.
Regarding timeshifting you have to use 1 location.
I was wondering if you could enable support for gpio-fan overlay on Raspberry Pi images, since both the 3B+ and 4B would benefit from it.
The overlay is present, but it does nothing at all.
In Raspbian adding dtoverlay=gpio-fan to config.txt automatically controls a fan connected to GPIO12 without using any script at all.
Good idea but that's still a script to me..plus all you have to do is install libreelec tools addon and it will work with a small script via gpio anyway...on/off speed control etc...tested and works fine
I have noticed that if I upgrade to 9.1.002 from 9.0.*, keeping existing configuration, Kodi fails after reboot due to
vfs.sftp addon missing libcrypto.so.1.0.0.
The installation reboots in safe mode, where I could reinstall the addon and it worked with the new version (using libcrypto.so.1.1). I then moved the new addon to the default configuration:
mv /.kodi_FAILED/addons/vfs.sftp /storage/bkp; cp -a /.kodi/addons/vfs.sftp ./.kodi_FAILED/addons
Everything appears to be functional after reboot.
I contributed this trivial solution here to aid any unfortunates. Should LibreElec be able to handle addons with upgrades smoothly even in alpha releases?
Thanks for a great pre-release,
I can confirm this too although not sure what went wrong exactly as my Rpi is 3500km away..all I have installed on it is Tvheadened server....emby server4 and VNC server..
Tryed to update to 9.1.002 from 9.0.1 trough VNC and lost connection and couldn,t connect anymore...
After getting my inlaws to get an old monitor and connect to the Rpi to see what went wrong just found out it was stuck on Safe Mode and just needed a reboot altough VNC did need a force update to start again..
I have installed retroarch, but it crashes on startup and just restart kodi. So I guess an update is required to get it to work.
If you are using LE 9.1.001 onwards you need to download the 2 libass files from here and it should work normally...at least on Rpi2 and 3..I assume it's the same for 4..