Posts by Mario77

Is your Rpi headless?

Can you try enabling hdmi_force_hotplug=1 in config.txt? Looks like kodi is having troubles with composite video mode (which is default if no HDMI device is connected).

so long,

Hias

Hi thanks for your reply...to be honest I had a hard time to roll back to 9.0.2 as the addons I have installed where updated to work with 9.1.002 and after I reinstalled 9.0.2 again the addons didn't downgrade and I lost VNC connection...

Anyway now I am back on 9.0.2 and all is working fine..

I would like to try what you suggested but perhaps I will try to replicate issue on my other RPi at home so I can fix quickly if something goes wrong as the Rpi in question is 3000km away from home with no tv attached to it...so got to do everything through ssh and vnc so hardwork..

Maybe someone else who got same issue can try this...

So I updated a RPi 3b from LibreElec Addon from 9.0.2 to 9.1.002 and it starting acting weirdly...went to safe mode many times and got over 2000 crash logs in a week..

Addons don't respond and couldn't connect in any way to the Rpi.

Main error I could see in every log is this :

Code
    1. 2019-08-03 11:20:34.362 T:1937531456 ERROR: failed to create window surface (EGL_BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW)
    2. 2019-08-03 11:20:34.362 T:1937531456 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to create window
    3. 2019-08-03 11:20:34.720 T:1937531456 ERROR: eglSwapBuffers failed (EGL_SUCCESS)
    4. 2019-08-03 11:20:34.720 T:1937531456 ERROR: Exception in CApplication::Cleanup()

This is a headless Rpi being used as a TvHeadened server with RPi TVHat attached..

Only addons installed are VNC,Tvheadend Server/HTSP Client and Emby4.

Please understand this is far away from my home so it's bit hard for me to try certain things.

Any Help appreciated..

More Logs HERE

On the updates menu you will have to change update channel from 9 to 8 first to see old versions...

What kind of problems are you having if i may ask?

Today CVH compiled latest tvheadend server 4.3 if you want to try

Good idea but that's still a script to me..plus all you have to do is install libreelec tools addon and it will work with a small script via gpio anyway...on/off speed control etc...tested and works fine

I can confirm this too although not sure what went wrong exactly as my Rpi is 3500km away..all I have installed on it is Tvheadened server....emby server4 and VNC server..

Tryed to update to 9.1.002 from 9.0.1 trough VNC and lost connection and couldn,t connect anymore...

After getting my inlaws to get an old monitor and connect to the Rpi to see what went wrong just found out it was stuck on Safe Mode and just needed a reboot altough VNC did need a force update to start again..