Posts by FeFiFoFum

I noticed you already pulled in kernel 5.3 in the development, also for the Pi boards, and that you are now even working on kernel 5.4 integration. That's really impressive and quite bleeding edge I might say. :) Can you shed a light on current performance just so we can get a hint of the future? Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

Also curious about this. Please let us know.

What is the difficult part of managing the other 2 Pi?

I once had a similar situation and I used Kodis MySQL database mode, so I was working within a single database.

You could just have a primary pi, back up to an IMG file and re-burn the other 2, to SDCard once a month.

I am very inexperienced, I thought perhaps it may be useful to 'buy the developers' a few extra MB (50,100, 200?) to work with for room to move. Obviously you guys know your stuff very well. Wasn't sure if you had all heard of the technology at all.

Regardless I have faith, LibreElec has been wonderful on my R.Pi3, it was only a suggestion, thank you all for the hard work.

I would also like to know the answer to this question from the developers?

Does LibreElec make use of this? I just discovered this technology today and I imagine there's at least 100MB (?) of data in memory which could just be compressed and left there?

Any value in it?

Don't worry you can use .tar or .img.gz to manual update device from existing installed running build to latest beta as mentioned in Update Libreelec section of wiki. Just ensure you have correct .tar or .img.gz file for your specific device, transfer downloaded file into update folder of device (using your chosen method to transfer file to device) then reboot.

So an .img.gz will NOT scrub the entire disk, just over -write necessary system files?

EDIT: removed, figured out how to find the .TAR file from within the GUI. (Scared to use .IMG.GZ, might over-write the whole disk, isn't it?)

Does anyone know if Linux 5.1 will have more overhead on the Pi 1,2,3 and may reduce performance? What about 5.2 which is coming soon right?

Ok in the interest of being a bit more thorough with my testing.

I have installed LibreElec OVA virtual machine, totally diff computer (x86)

Date and time IS correct.

Brand new install!

Import of Once Upon Hollywood, this time? 19/July/2019?

So I'm confused, shouldn't the "date added" be the date added to my LIBRARY?

EDIT:

Ok it appears the 'date added' library flag is based on the date the file was actually written to disk (total madness, but so be it)

My 9.1.002 was working fine for a few weeks, except some odd, small issues unrelated to docker.

When I reboot my Pi now, I get the following error, EVERY time.

LibreElecPi:~ # docker ps -a

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

If I go into addons and re-install the docker service entirely, it takes about 2 minutes but sure enough, it re-starts up fine. Every re-boot of my Pi, will require the service to be re-installed.

Anyone else? What can I do to provide help on this?

Got an Intel Nuc with libreelec connected to a Denon AVR-1912 which is connected using HDMI. The NUC is always turned on and sometimes when I start the tv and the recciver the output of the gui is set to 50hz, which results in brighter colors and not as smooth as it should be. Not quite sure how to replicate the "error" but guessing that it's when I turn the tv and recciver of when my IPTV (25fps) is running. Although it doesn't happen every time... If I reboot it's back to 60hz again.

But to the question, is it possible to force the gui to only output 60hz?

Weird!

This is EXACTLY why I switched from Kodi, Windows 10 to LibreElec, because this kind of garbage didn't happen anymore - Linux was nice and consistent.

My amp was ALWAYS at 1080p, always 60hz, no hassles!

Had issues of some very slow wifi speeds. When connected on Ethernet streaming was superior to wifi.

Turned out to be powersaving on the wlan card that is disturbing.

<<SNIP SNIP SNIP SNIP instructions - thanks for your help SNIP SNIP >>

Sad times......

Firstly chewitt you should be aware, this is broken? (?)

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20190829-bd4ba9f (RPi2.arm)

LibreElecPi:~ # iwconfig

wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:off/any

Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=31 dBm

Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off

Encryption key:off

Power Management:on

I am using a very new nightly version, to test some things broken for me.

Power management I have never played with before, and it's defaulting to ON ? :/

If I run this command it successfully turns off power management.

"/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/iw wlan0 set power_save off"

However, when I add it to autostart.sh it doesn't execute at start ? Anyone know why?

Perhaps this might fix my issue here.

Rebooting Pi, with ETH0 connected, stops Wifi connecting next time, is Wifi reliable?