After some time of private testing mainline linux v5.1 on my rockchip devices here are some images for wider testing.
Please note that this is very early mainline images and are not meant as a replacement for you daily driver.
At this stage information if an image do not boot or stack traces is very good feedback.
RK3288 (Tinker Board S) and RK3328 (Rock64, roc-cc, rockbox) have got most of my attention,
so I expect there is more issues with RK3399 or any of the other boards/boxes not listed.
For RK3399 owners there are some more device tree files in .tar-file at 3rdparty/bootloader/.
Copy correct .dtb-file to sd-card and change DTB line in extlinux/extlinux.conf,
please report if dtb-file works for any device not having a dedicated .img.gz-file
What should work?
- MPEG-2 hw decoding (everything else is sw decoded)
- 8ch Linear PCM HDMI audio
- IR (keymap is not pre configured)
- Only up to 1080p resolution and not all refresh rates
- 10-bit videos will show as green picture
- SW decoding of VP8 on RK3399 produce garbage
- Hotplug of USB3 on RK3328 only work one time, a reboot is required to discover a new/replug usb device
- No AC3/DTS/HD audio
- No WiFi/BT (wifi should work on tinkerboard)
- No deinterlacer
- Index of /test/
Please report any issues related to HDMI, Audio, CEC, IR, Ethernet not already listed in known issues.
Issues related to other IO ports on your board will be ignored for now (too early to care about non-media player related issues).