Posts by Loader009

I'll have a look at what's needed to adapt the "getedid" scripts for RPi to work on extlinux ARM devices. Until then you can follow the Intel GPU guide in the wiki, it's generally applicable for all hardware using the kernel 'DRM' subsystem (which is everything these days).

decode-edid worked for me, to understand what I get from the display.
    According to EDID data my display can't do 23.976 Hz, so it was a useless effort.

Though, I have a request:
    Can you build in some kind of feature, to use 24Hz in case of a 23.976 fps file?
    Atm it switches to 60Hz, which is uncomfortable.

I also looked if I can force 10bit output (s905x) - sadly I found nothing.

Is it a feature missing in kodi or lima?

I'm testing this right now - for the moment everything I tried (videos with different fps + refresh rate change and audio passthrough) worked.

Booting and shutdown takes a while, but that's a cosmetic issue. (Odroid C2 - S905 afaik)

I would like to force some of the "weird" 1000/1001 refresh rates - is there a way to enforce them?
    My TV reports only full numbers, which I kinda doubt that e.g. 23.976 Hz is not supported while 24 Hz is supported.

edit:

Testing videos I tried:
    https://photojoseph.com/tips/2021/3/29…25-2997-50-5994

They are perfect to also test if your sound is in sync.

edit2:
    I use an AV-Receiver between my TV and the odroid - I think it intercepts and changes the EDID data.
    I would like to get the original EDID data and reuse it -> https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid#amlogic-legacy

That's old though, since we don't use amhdmitx but instead lima.

tvservice binary is also not available, so I have no idea how to retrieve the edid data...

I guess I would need to compile my own le-image with the binaries? (Dunno if I can get that far.)

I would also try to compile ddcutil with it, it could be useful to read out monitor/display info.

Maybe someone ran into this issue: my box doesn't boot at all with (probably) correct dtb files.

Device: Libre Computer/ Firefly ROC-RK3399-PC

dtb I tried: rk3399-roc-pc.dtb + rk3399-firefly.dtb

I think that it might be a problem of the sdcard/partition format, because all images provided by firefly are in a not recognized partition format for linux. The flashed µSD with their images look to be empty/not formatted at all, but they boot.

Any idea what I can try out?

Sadly WiFi is not working for me and I had to manually copy and rename gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img, otherwise it didn't past the bootlogo.
    Device: Mecool M8s Pro+ (Pro Plus) S905X

I have no idea about the wifi, maybe you have some.

USB Wifi works, only builtin wifi doesn't work.

I have no idea which chipset the builtin wifi has, It works on LE 8.2.5

dmesg

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dmesg | grep wifi