7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Is it possible to boot the Wetek Hub from USB ?
    I wrote the img to a USB stick but it doesn't show me the menu to boot from it when rebooting, like it does when i have the bootable SD card in, it just goes straight to internal nand boot.

I will check with my Hub in a few days. I think we can modify boot procedure so that you can switch between booting from internal and booting from SD/USB (whichever is found).

• Update done on my minim8s by putting the img file in the update folder.

I still have the usbaudio problem when activating hw decoding
    I also note that the 23.976 Hz videos are played at 23.810 with hw decoding instead of 23.976 without hw decoding.

• I have a question about the CEC implementation:

In wrxtasy's wetek hub LE image thread on the hub support forum, there was one version of CEC implementation that worked flawlessly (LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-7.0.2.Hybrid.CEC.tar) - all buttons pressed on my remote were passed through CEC with no issues.
    Everything after that release and all of kszak's releases that I tested, feature a CEC implementation that does let me use only some basic keys on the remote (arrows, enter) - the rest don't make it through CEC anymore and get interpreted by the TV directly (most I miss the page up / down, and ANY key that I can map to context menu, which I can't do atm).

Any idea if this is an issue that can be resolved ? Maybe I could get the CEC implementation from that release and optionally use it in other releases ? It's a big turnoff for me, since it's the same behaviour under android too, and was hoping to switch to LE for that reason alone...

thank you...

• ermethic We use the same CEC implementation in our builds: Amlogic driver with support for libCEC from Raybuntu. Not all buttons are recognized because in my builds device is identified as "Player" and not "Recorder" in which case all buttons work. This is to prevent having double devices in CEC menu as this is causing issues for some TVs (including mine).

You can change it quite easily. Please read these two posts to change CEC behaviour:
    LibreELEC
    LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 8, 2016 at 8:30 AM).

• ermethic We use the same CEC implementation in our builds: Amlogic driver with support for libCEC from Raybuntu. Not all buttons are recognized because in my builds device is identified as "Player" and not "Recorder" in which case all buttons work. This is to prevent having double devices in CEC menu as this is causing issues for some TVs (including mine).

You can change it quite easily. Please read these two posts to change CEC behaviour:
    LibreELEC
    LibreELEC

Thanks a lot ! That should be stickied somewhere, it's great information :)

• ermethic We use the same CEC implementation in our builds: Amlogic driver with support for libCEC from Raybuntu.

Speaking of CEC, the displayed name is hardcoded in the .dts file to 'Mbox', would you accept a patch to hardcode it to something like 'Kodi'? A better way would be to have the LE buildsystem change it, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet :)

• Thanks a lot, mate. Update went through.

Broadcasting was gone, but after going to
    "System Settings TV Clear Data" it was
    working again.

Is not it better to update the device tree,
    too?

(I used the Samba shares method.)

Edited once, last by sYCO (September 8, 2016 at 9:55 AM).

• Using Beelink MX64 box with 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory and 1Gig Ethernet.

I can't find a device tree for this box - the closest I can find is for the M18. I've tried installing 7.02.007 by downloading device tree gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb.

Then renamed it to dtb.img. The install goes fine but neither my stock remote nor the OTG port is working. I'm thinking this is because of the device tree??

I can get a USB remote to work but I really need to free up the USB ports and get the OTG port working again. I can't find any zip file where I can extract the dtb.img for the MX64 - all the files I can find are .img files. Android runs fine on NAND.

Any ideas - this is running LE from micro SD card??

PS. With v7.02.005, the OTG port and stock remote work, but cannot get .006 or .007 to work - both cause remote and OTG to not be recognized. I did try installing .006 using the M18 device tree image but same results. The remote.conf file is copied from Android to the SD card during install and appears to be the correct .conf file. I even tried copying the remote.conf to /config folder inside kodi but still no joy.

Thanks.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (September 8, 2016 at 11:25 AM).

• Here is older build... 7.0.2.003
    DVB WORKS (VDR, TVHEADEND)

With alex's libreelec, the automatic off/on work, but sometimes cec isn't functional (randomly), has not driver support extra dvb-t and dvb-s dongles, what work with kszaq's build.
    And i observed some network probleme with wired network (with alex build). Streaming channels to other tvheadend clients isnt smooth. Many time buffering, paused, etc. (sd,and hd broadcasting too) Maybe driver, or buffering problem.
    So Kszaq-s build more-more useable.

• Upgrade from .005 to .007 on SD successful - 1G/8G T95N Mini MX+ S905 box.

I previously couldn't get .006 to work so went to .005.

Used gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb this time and it worked exactly as per the instructions.

Edit:
    Remote power button works properly. Device turns off (red LED) and back on booting into LE (blue LED).
    On the LED, it looks like LED control has disappeared from /sys/devices

Edited once, last by ant_thomas (September 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM).

• Optical out not working for me.
    MiniMX 2G
    Flashed 007 straight from Android.
    I've tried enable/disable passthrough, stereo upmix, etc.. can't get any sound on optical.

EDIT: Oh I don't think I grabbed the newest device tree, I'll flash again with updated file from device_trees

EDIT2: Hmm I seem to be stuck again.. here is where I am...
    I flash Android with USB burning tool... Android boots fine. If I then try to enter recovery via toothpick, microsd or not, it kills the box. Black screen, unable to boot recovery or Android. Then the only thing I can do is reflash Android with the burning tool. Totally stuck now.

EDIT3: I got into recovery! I think previously I might have been pressing the toothpick button TOO HARD.. need to experiment in a moment to see if I can get back into recovery after flashing Libre..

EDIT4: Libre flashes but then I'm stuck on the "hi bear" screen after it reboots..

EDIT5: Flashed back to 006. 007 just would not flash for me, always getting stuck at the OK bear bootscreen and hanging.

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (September 8, 2016 at 3:00 PM).

• I have a brand new Beelink Mini MXiii.....do I still need to put a device tree on the usb if i am putting LE onto the Nand???

Your Android already has recovery so you will achieve this.

Dont miss step 4 on page 1

Step 4 :S905: download a device tree for your box, rename downloaded file to ledtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card.

LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 8, 2016 at 1:09 PM).