LibreELEC 9.0.1 builds for S905 (semi official)

• Installed on my Tanix T3 pro and it works great. Still got a freeze right after install, but I'm pretty sure it's just because of the fresh install and caching 2500 movies.

Playback is flawless on the 4k HDR DTS-HD copy of Kingsman.

• Hello!
    To copy to rom. Tested and working

Code
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/coreelec-9.0/projects/Amlogic/filesystem/usr/sbin/installtointernal
    chmod +x installtointernal
    ./installtointernal

I have a problem with that imagem KI Pro, KII Pro and KI Plus, remote don't work
    Anyone help me please

• Hello!

Code
    wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/coreelec-9.0/projects/Amlogic/filesystem/usr/sbin/installtointernal
    ./installtointernal

I have a problem with that imagem KI Pro, KII Pro and KI Plus, remote don't work
    Anyone help me please

Do not use remote.conf, use meson-IR.
    Remote (Meson-IR) Error

Instructions

- Unzip.
    - Copy Mecool to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps
    - Copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

• Thanks for the answer.

I had already done this.

However I went back to creating a new card with a clean image and I did the process that explained you with the files that you sent and the command still does not work.

If you do the same process in the old image before quitting 9.0.0 it worked, I think it's something in dtb.

I even did the same with CoreELEC and it works. Replaces dtb with CoreELEC, but the box will not start

Any suggestion?

• Hello!

Code
    ./installtointernal

Anyone help me please

Hello,

I tried that code and got
    "

One of BOOT, SYTEM, DATA or DTB partitions is missing.

Make sure that you are using a correct device tree and a device with internal memory!

Not all devices are compatible with installtointernal due to unsupported NAND/eMMC

chips being used by some manufacturers.

"

What does that mean? Do I need to put the installtointernal script into a specific folder? Or is it not compatible with my box (Netbox A95X) ?

• in my X96 Xgody box running from micro sd card as internal memory seems to have either died or corrupted badly. Thanks for the hard works and updates.

9.0.1 seems very fast and smooth and even the IR remote is nice and responsive where before the 9.0.0 was hit and miss.

At this point considering making it my main system to use.

Once or twice when booting it hangs on the x96 screen but when operational generally keeps working fine. video playback is good levels and colours too.

:)

• It has to be updated manually from 9.0.0 or is it supposed to be updated automatically? (I guess not since I'm still on 9.0.0 and I got no notification about an available update).

I had to update manually, but the update worked without issue.

The only issue I am having is that sometimes there is no audio out, but a reboot fixes it every time.

• Hi,

thanks for providing LibreELEC 9.0.1 for S905X devices.

I installed this package to my Beelink MINIMXIII-II and it´s running so far.

Edited once, last by xbmc: problem does not exist anymore. (March 4, 2019 at 8:01 PM).

• I don`t understand why the use of remote.conf have been removed? the rc_maps solution only lags....
    Nexbox A95X - S905X

I totally agree. But I have good news. Coreelec allows to choose rc_maps or remote.conf. Install CoreElec, it also provides better suppor for S905/X, it provides official stable builds, unlike LibreElec now. Recent CoreElec build uses Kodi 18.1 and it has no bugs.

I think LE removed remote.conf, because consistent support between various devices is more important, than user experience on cheap hardware.

• I totally agree. But I have good news. Coreelec allows to choose rc_maps or remote.conf. Install CoreElec, it also provides better suppor for S905/X, it provides official stable builds, unlike LibreElec now. Recent CoreElec build uses Kodi 18.1 and it has no bugs.

I think LE removed remote.conf, because consistent support between various devices is more important, than user experience on cheap hardware.

In my device (Beelink mini mx iii s905) LE runs better than CE.

Particularly this built works smoothly and with no bug.