[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Thanks. It seems to be down to file naming. If I call the file "3D.SBS", it's shows as 3D. If I take away the SBS tag, it says it's 1080p. Very strange.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the log zip where it shows what the file has (like mediainfo output).

Anyway... problem fixed.

• OK thanks for that. Downloaded the file and unzipped it straight to my VIM2 via SMB. Recognized after a boot.

Found that I couldn't get the Webgrab+Plus addon to install (due to the missing os.libreelec.tv) so i went straight to the Webgrab+ website and downloaded the zip file. Unpacked it and ran it and it seems to be working. Need to setup the nhecessary ini files - but to tired to set into that tonight. hoped I would be able to paste across from my old LE7 box, but it seems that the setup files are not compatible. I remember its quite picky about the setup so will do that tomorrow with a clear head.

Thanks

Shoog

• OK thanks for that. Downloaded the file and unzipped it straight to my VIM2 via SMB. Recognized after a boot.

Found that I couldn't get the Webgrab+Plus addon to install (due to the missing os.libreelec.tv) so i went straight to the Webgrab+ website and downloaded the zip file. Unpacked it and ran it and it seems to be working. Need to setup the nhecessary ini files - but to tired to set into that tonight. hoped I would be able to paste across from my old LE7 box, but it seems that the setup files are not compatible. I remember its quite picky about the setup so will do that tomorrow with a clear head.

Thanks

Shoog

Install Webgrab+Plus from LE repository. For missing os.libreelec.tv select ok button on right side, installation will continue. This is only a warning.

• Thanks. It seems to be down to file naming. If I call the file "3D.SBS", it's shows as 3D. If I take away the SBS tag, it says it's 1080p. Very strange.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the log zip where it shows what the file has (like mediainfo output).

Anyway... problem fixed.

This is only OSD info from name of file. As this a common Kodi issue, you have to complain on Kodi forum. For playback to detect 3D your movies have to be muxed with 3D flags.

• I've just noticed that the 'updated' ShaderToy 1.1.8.2 add-on from the LE repository is broken (it doesn't display and causes LE to freeze if you play a music track)

• Install Webgrab+Plus from LE repository. For missing os.libreelec.tv select ok button on right side, installation will continue. This is only a warning.

There is an unmet dependency on the LE repository version. Maybe the version of MONO is causing issues.

Going to go ahead and set it up manually.

Shoog

• GDPR-2

I've got a strange problem with my IR remote since I upgraded to the newest developer build - it stopped working. So I tried to switch back to 8.90.4 but it doesn't work anymore. I already tried out the newest dtb file, but it doesn't make any difference. I am not using a remote.conf. I thought that the Mecool Remotes were baked into the builds?

Edit:

Ok. I've got a "solution" for this problem: I downgraded to 8.90.3, then everything was fine again. It also continued working after the upgrade to 8.90.4

Strange...

Edited 2 times, last by anotherwone (March 2, 2018 at 10:34 AM).

• Hi there,

yesterday I updated my m8s pro+ with previous LE 8.2 to this LE 9 version.

At first, I tried to update via Samba Share but forgot the device tree, which led to burning the SD again.

After that, the update went through without problems.

LE 9 is working fine, but the button "Reboot from internal" is not working anymore.

Is this a known issue or did I something wrong during the update?

Thanks for the answers!

• For anyone travelling the path of setting up Webgrab+Plus here is a summery of my experience:

-fetch the Mono Zip file and unpack it into the addons folder of your LE

-goto the Webgrab+Plus website and download the binary for Webgrab, follow instructions on the site for how to install. Perform a test run of the "run.sh" binary to make certain it installed correctly.

-choose a suitable websource for your country from within the siteini pack in the folder generated by webgrab setup binary, be aware that these ini files are very poorly maintained and it is my experience that most will not work (the real reason is that the websites used keep changing and there are thousands to maintain, this is beyond the scope of a single maintainer to keep on top of). I eventually used the radiotimes source, but even this needed editing to remove duplicate channel entries. Try one until it works and be prepared to edit the channel list to get it to work.

-once you have ran the "run.sh" to generate a guide.xml to test that all is working, you need to generate a cron job to autostart webgrab++ on each reboot and to download a guide at regular intervals. Again this is described fully at the setup instructions on the webgrab website.

-finally you need to tell your TvHeadend server where to find the guide you generated. This is done in the configuration addon for TvHeadend server (not in the TvHeadend web interface)..

Eventually the bugs stopping the webgrab+Plus addon from installing will be resolved and this will simplify the process greatly.

Hope that helps.

Shoog

Edited 2 times, last by Shoog (March 2, 2018 at 3:32 PM).

• I am using latest build and works ok on my play2. Just install 8.90.4 build, update it with new devel + new dtb . If You do not know how then first start to read faq about update...

• I am using latest build and works ok on my play2. Just install 8.90.4 build, update it with new devel + new dtb . If You do not know how then first start to read faq about update...

I do this several time, but, have issue now, it says on first screen " could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1" . Is that device tree issue or any thing else ? Using gxbb_p200_2G.dtb to rename dtb.img. Other builds work, need help on that