[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• The FAQ is written for my community builds, I am unable to track changes other developers make in their builds.

"nand" device tree was designed for devices with NAND chip in meaning "not eMMC" and you should only use it if internal memory of your box is not detected. This is actually covered in FAQ.

Okay thx :) nontheless the 'not eMMC dtb' (which is true for beelink) always worked till 8.90.4.

• I know that these are pre alpha builds, what's your point then?

I know also that backups are good -> I always do it and therefore nothing is 'lost'

Usb stick a bad advice since most of amlogic boxes don't even boot from usb. Please don't be my teacher, I just tell the community what happens and there is a change in dtb which causes trouble which don't exist till 8.90.4, that's all, peace.

• A noob follow-up question for the remote configs. I found my remote with the help of the provided pictures. First of all, thanks to everybody who took the time to scan their codes, it is well appreciated.

Now, my archive only contained 2 files but the remote works just fine. Who needs the other files, an xml kodi keytable file and a lirc mapfile?

• Also, I'm trying to scan codes of my Philips remote. But whenever I press any key whatsoever, the only thing that happens is that I loose SSH connection. It looks like any keypress sends some kind of term command.

This means, that whenever somebody wants to use the remote with the TV, the S905X box will be turned off as collateral damage.

Any suggestions? This is it:

s-l500.jpg

I know also that backups are good -> I always do it and therefore nothing is 'lost'

Usb stick a bad advice since most of amlogic boxes don't even boot from usb. Please don't be my teacher, I just tell the community what happens and there is a change in dtb which causes trouble which don't exist till 8.90.4, that's all, peace.

I was going to respond, but hey, life is too short, peace.

• Sorry if it seems like I'm talking to myself, but I solved my Philips remote problem. It was actually CEC related. I turned off everything that said "Standby" or "Power-off" and now it works out of the box, as expected.

I've never been able to use the keyboard on the backside, though, I'll check out if I can't scan some codes now.

• Sorry if it seems like I'm talking to myself, but I solved my Philips remote problem. It was actually CEC related. I turned off everything that said "Standby" or "Power-off" and now it works out of the box, as expected.

I've never been able to use the keyboard on the backside, though, I'll check out if I can't scan some codes now.

Report back if you can, I would be interested to know :)

You are the only person who has had an issue, if you was not using a 1 year old dtb then your dtb would have updated and you would not have had an issue.

All Amlogic boxes I have used have booted from USB.

• Hi adamg,

first of all, many thanks for your builds and all the work you've done.

I remember having issues while booting from usb dongle

I was freezing in libreelec boot screen

I simply used a sd card and the problem disappeared.

dtb and everything were ok.

The internal installation is also OK.

the issue wasn't there on 8.2 build (I experienced this when I decided to upgrade)

Best regards

• You are the only person who has had an issue, if you was not using a 1 year old dtb then your dtb would have updated and you would not have had an issue.

All Amlogic boxes I have used have booted from USB.

You are right, I am the only person who is reporting this.

Don't misunderstand me, since it's hard to ignore that you are very professional in what you're doing, the 'teacher' thing was refered to hints like 'it's pre alpha' and 'make backups' from other persons. I love your work! Be my teacher ;)

Well, if I am allowed to quote kszaq 'Note: only 1 USB port is able to boot the box. You have to try them all. Some boxes are unable to boot from USB drive.' The last sentence is my experience with several amlogic boxes too.

• My particular box I'm working with right now (Sunvell T95m, S905X) can boot from both USB slots and also from the SD card slot.

So what kszaq has said may not be 100% accurate, and depends on the box in question.

• Hi all -

In addition to trying to work to out my LCD display issues on my 2018 Abox A1 Max with S905W chipset, I've noticed that 1080p Live TV stutters in 8.90, but not in 8.2.3. On 8.90, 720p Live TV works fine, as well as 1080p mkv video files - the system is right on the cusp of playing 1080p Live TV, but keeps buffering and stuttering.

Using the same add-on (MythTV Client) on a 8.2.3 build does not have this problem. Is there a new setting I missed in 8.90 that I need to get this working more smoothly?

UPDATE: If I record the 1080p mpeg2 file, playing the recording from the "TV" tab still experiences the stuttering. However, if I play the same mpeg2 file as a "Video" via the Emby add-on interface, there is no stuttering.

So it seems that this issue is specific to Live TV...Can anyone help with this?

UPDATE 2: Using the NextPVR plugin instead of MythTV, 1080p LiveTV works with no issues. This leads me to believe the problem is with the MythTV plugin, so I've opened up a new thread over there.

Edited 2 times, last by dapharsyde (February 18, 2018 at 8:23 AM).

• Usb stick a bad advice since most of amlogic boxes don't even boot from usb.

All the brands I've tried do (SD or USB) :thumbup:

'Note: only 1 USB port is able to boot the box. You have to try them all. Some boxes are unable to boot from USB drive.'

Both points relate to some boxes (some only boot from the OTG USB port).

Edited once, last by Poida (February 18, 2018 at 2:13 AM).

• TX3 Mini Got the update today. No issues with the process.

Installed TVHeadend Client. Connected to my TX7 which is the server.

I noticed my remote control commands were not being processed during playback

of Live TV or Recordings.

I would have to press OK button anywhere from 2 to 8 times for the OSD to come up and the same to choose stop.

I tested and realised all button commands needed continuous presses to take effect including

OK / Back / Volume up / down / Home During playback of Live tv and Recordings.

I also tried to Play the Recorded files via Source in File Manager with the same remote control behaviour.

These recordings are all transport stream files recorded from my TX7 to an external Hard drive which is plugged into usb port of the TX7.

My Home Network Movies on another Hard Drive which is plugged into my Router all play and the remote works perfect.

During Testing i changed Governor Settings from Default "On Demand" to "Performance" which Fixed the remote control behaviour.:)

My Hard Drive (Formatted NTFS) with these TV recordings does not show up when plugged into the TX3 Mini USB Port even after this update.

Edited once, last by kostaman (February 18, 2018 at 9:14 AM).