Posts by dapharsyde

Code
    dapharsyde@dapharsyde-vm:/storage/LibreELEC.tv$ find build.LibreELEC-Generic*/image/system/ -name nvidia.ko | xargs ls -l
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 dapharsyde dapharsyde       18 Dec  3 21:20 build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/image/system/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/4.19.4/nvidia/nvidia.ko -> /var/lib/nvidia.ko
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dapharsyde dapharsyde 14430168 Dec  3 21:20 build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/image/system/usr/lib/nvidia-legacy/nvidia.ko
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 dapharsyde dapharsyde 21978448 Dec  3 21:20 build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/image/system/usr/lib/nvidia/nvidia.ko

I'm having this issue building within a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS VM. After poking around a bit, I found that the build was looking for a copy of nvidia.ko that was a symlink to /var/lib/nvidia.ko

Code
    dapharsyde@dapharsyde-vm:/storage/LibreELEC.tv$ ls -l build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/image/system/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/4.19.4/nvidia/nvidia.ko
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 dapharsyde dapharsyde 18 Dec  3 21:20 build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/image/system/usr/lib/kernel-overlays/base/lib/modules/4.19.4/nvidia/nvidia.ko -> /var/lib/nvidia.ko

I manually copied the built nvidia.ko to /var/lib, and this seems to have gotten past the error.

sudo cp build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-devel/xf86-video-nvidia-legacy-340.107/kernel/nvidia.ko /var/lib

(I have an ION box so I require the legacy driver)

This still seems like a terrible hack though, and the proper solution is to have that symlink point to the actual location of nvidia.ko, instead of the /var/lib directory of the build server.

Hi - I have what a believe is a working build system (it builds a CoreELEC S912 image with no issues), but when I attempt to make an x86_64 image from the latest version of LibreELEC, I get an error regarding the nvidia kernel driver.

$ git clone GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

$ cd LibreELEC.tv

$ PROJECT=Generic ARCH=x86_64 make image

Several hours later, and after everything is built successfully, I see this error message:

Since I'm getting this error compiling the code from git as is (and assuming I didn't check out a broken build), I'm wondering what I missed? Can anyone please help - thanks in advance!!

Yea I'm seeing this issue on my x86_64 devices, but not the Amlogic S912 build. I'm building them from different trees so that might be the reason for the difference (the x86_64 is from LibreElec.tv master, the S912 is from adamg's repository)

I'm able to work around the issue with the hack above, and setting System – Audio – Keep Audio Device Alive – OFF

It's not pretty, but it works :)

This is a pretty terrible hack, but the only way I could get sound to work with Kodi suspended in the background was by telling it to use another audio device just before suspending it:

Code
    curl -v -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"audiooutput.audiodevice","value":"ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0"},"id":1}' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc

pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGSTOP

This allows RetroArch to use the audio device.

After resuming Kodi, I run a similar command, except this time I set the audio device back to the correct one.

Code
    pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGCONT

curl -v -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"audiooutput.audiodevice","value":"ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1"},"id":1}' http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc

FYI I tried the script, but after starting Retroarch, it appears that Kodi is still capturing all input events, so I'm unable to interact with Retroarch. For now I'm just going to go back to my script that completely stops the Kodi service before starting Retroarch.

EDIT: Actually, the wireless controller is able to interact with Retroarch, so I guess that's all I really need anyways.

EDIT 2: Suspending Kodi instead of stopping it completely also appears to be causing audio conflicts. If I suspend and start RetroArch, games have no sound. I have to stop the Kodi service altogether to get sound working in RetroArch.

It compiled 1.7.0, because that's the package version currently being pointed to in the package.mk file I was using. I suppose I could try updating it to a new version and have it compile 1.7.1, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

For now I've been using a script that stops the kodi service, runs retroarch, then starts kodi again. I haven't had any success getting suspending and resuming with kill -SIGCONT via a bash script, though I would prefer this option - just haven't gotten it to work yet.

Code
    kodi-ra:~ # retroarch --version
    RetroArch: Frontend for libretro -- v1.7.0 -- ff19aa2 --
    Compiler: GCC (7.3.0) 32-bitBuilt: Mar  7 2018

I think Lakka is still being actively maintained - the repository I checked out was updated as recently as a week ago. Unfortunately when I tried adding these packages into another working build tree, I couldn't get them to build successfully anymore.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as to how to add these packages properly so they compile with the rest of the adamg build tree I already have set up and working.

Anybody? I can't be the only person out there trying to add Retroarch to the latest LE build, right?

Hi everyone -

I have recently had success compiling my own S905 and S912 images using the latest from adamg's git repository - GitHub - LibreELEC-AML/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI

I am trying to add RetroArch to my build by copying over the retroarch package folders from the Lakka repository - GitHub - libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC: Lakka is a lightweight Linux distribution that transforms a small computer into a full blown game console.

Unfortunately, when I try to build the retroarch package, I get a toolchain error:

Code
    /storage/LibreELEC.tv.AML$ PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=S912 ARCH=arm scripts/build retroarch
      BUILD    retroarch-assets (target)
    Not possible to detect toolchain automatically. Add PKG_TOOLCHAIN= to package.mk

Can someone help show me the proper way to add the retroarch package (and its dependencies) from Lakka into this other build tree?

I noticed that when I run this build command in the Lakka tree, a script fetches the source files from github before building it. In the adamg tree, the build command does not download anything, so I suspect that might be part of the problem - but I do not know how to fix it :(

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it - thanks in advance!

Thanks GDPR-2 and all developers for the great work you do! I installed version 8.90.4 on a MXQ pro. WLAN works fine, but on the wired ethernet (eth0) desn't get the correct IP address, only an APIPA address (169.254.x.x/16). I have used gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb Version 8.90.3 worked fine.

I reported a similar issue here with my T95Z Plus device. ZRas suggested setting the device to 100M, and it worked for me.

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

dapharsyde

Hi,

The source for the A1 Max DTB is still not in the repo yet, so it has to be built manually for now.

You'll need a few tools and a linux machine to do it, or you can send me the DTB image that is on the box now, and I'll update it for you.

Attached the DTB from the new devel.

Thanks for the DTB file - after updating with this file, the device boots up again.

In order to get my LCD working again, it looks like I'll need your help to recompile your updates to the aml_fd628 module against the new kernel. Attempts to insmod the file you provided me earlier result in an unknown symbol error.

DTB will require updating or your box will not boot however this should be done automatically as part of the upgrade process.

For me, it seems the upgrade did not update the DTB automatically, because my S905W device no longer boots (not complaining, this is a test box, no worries here!).

The Coolest - you helped prepare a DTB for my Abox A1 Max's LCD panel - can you help to create a new DTB using the new format required by this update? Or point me to the directions on what needs to be updated in the DTB file, and I can try myself using dtc?

It also looks like the releases/dtb folder linked in post #1 is currently available. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

previously there was a script to download it, but it looks like it's not valid anymore for 8.90.4. not sure if somebody can update how to get the widevine after installing netflix addon. since one the major reason to move to LE9 was because of netflix.

I've been using the sandmann repository for Amazon VOD - Releases · Sandmann79/xbmc · GitHub

When you try and watch a video, it will trigger the installation of widewine CDM. Worked for me as recently as a few hours ago.

EDIT: FWIW, I've found that so far, my S905W and S912 boxes are both incapable of streaming Netflix or Amazon VOD reliably. 1080p is definitely a no-go. 720p is barely watchable - jittery frames, audio in and out of sync, etc. Meanwhile, I have an Asus Chromebox CN60 that I just updated to LE 9.0, and it has no problems with 1080p Amazon and Netflix using the x86_64 library. It seems that the widevine library for ARM will need more optimization to run on these devices. I'd be interested to hear your experiences with it once you have it working.

Since I'm a sucker for punishment, I also picked up a S912 box, a HONGYU T95Z Plus. I took the DTB file from this post - which was purposely built for fixing some LCD issues on another user's T95Z Plus box. I began using it with my build, and now the LCD panel works, so I know I'm on the right track.

However, the LAN still does not work - I can only get a 169.154.x.x IP address. The Wifi adapter works fine. Some googling suggests this may be an issue with the DTB file. Can anyone help with this? Please let me know which log files to provide, thanks!

EDIT: ifconfig shows that no data is being received, so there's probably a pin mapped incorrectly in the DTB. Can someone show me how to create a modified DTB for this?

eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr C4:2A:FE:11:83:72

inet addr:169.254.1.118 Bcast:169.254.255.255 Mask:255.255.0.0

UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1

RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:2081 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:408386 (398.8 KiB)

Interrupt:40