[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Downloaded your dtb, copied it to libreelec partition, named it dtb.img ... tried to boot... still stuck at mxqpro logo :(

Maybe you need to use another dtb.

Code
    2018-01-19 09:41:15.015 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file
    2018-01-19 09:41:15.023 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file"
    2018-01-19 09:41:15.265 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: no output detected
    2018-01-19 09:41:15.265 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab returned no data

Seems that tv_grab_file can't parse the settings.xml file. Can someone confirm?

I would suggest to change from:

Code
    ADDON_HOME="$HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42"
    ADDON_SETTINGS="$ADDON_HOME/settings.xml"
    XMLTV_TYPE=`grep XMLTV_TYPE $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`
    XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE=`grep XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`
    XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB=`grep XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`
    XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT=`grep XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT $ADDON_SETTINGS | awk '{print $3 }' | sed -e "s,value=,," -e "s,\",,g"`

TO

Code
    ADDON_HOME="$HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42"
    ADDON_SETTINGS="$ADDON_HOME/settings.xml"
    XMLTV_TYPE=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_TYPE"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`
    XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`
    XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_LOCATION_WEB"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`
    XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT=`xml sel -t -v '//settings/setting[@id="XMLTV_LOCATION_SCRIPT"]' -nl $ADDON_SETTINGS`

There was already a fix for this merged with LE recently, I just need to update the addon on the server.

-edit

Addon has been updated, you will need to refresh your addons for it to download

• The 9.0 ones only work with the LE/amlogic kernel which I do not use, you must use the ones from the 8.2 folder for these builds, it does state that in the README on the downloads.

DTB's are very specific to the kernel in use and they must match for your device to boot.

• The 9.0 ones only work with the LE/amlogic kernel which I do not use, you must use the ones from the 8.2 folder for these builds, it does state that in the README on the downloads.

DTB's are very specific to the kernel in use and they must match for your device to boot.

Okay, that's now clear to me.

But... at least one 1G option (my box only has 1G) from 8.2 folder should work, right? What should I do if none is working? Even the one you attached a few post earlier?
    Is this really a "guesswork only" task? Isn't there an option to "see" whats going wrong? No log, no output, no trace?

-- update

with help of How to Extract a Device Tree File from Android Firmware Files, I decompiled the 8.0.1 working device tree, and compared it 8.2 device tree with same file-naming-scheme. There are a lot of differences, but as I absolutely have no device-tree-skills, I have no idea if this is correct, or if something has to be changed.

See attached, decompiled device tree sources.

working 8.0

gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtd_8.0.txt

matching 8.2, but not working

gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtd_8.2.txt

Edited 2 times, last by alex0801 (January 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM).

GDPR-2, but what is the correct location for S912 dtb files?

• GDPR-2 there is one thing to check for 3D playback. 3D playback is not supported by any TV in 4K, so far there is even no standard for 3D in 4K. What happens with libreelec when the output resolution is set to 4k, is that when starting a 3D playback, the output is a kind of weird. My projector still says 4k, but no valid format is detected. I guess it is just a completely wrong screen type set by libreelec.

The correct behaviour is to swith to 1080p and send the 3D mode over HDMI (as it is already perfectly done today when the output resolution is 1080p)

Bye

• I managed to attach the serial console with an FTDI and captured the output of boot process where the screen get's stuck at mxqpro logo.

Hope that helps for further analysis?!

serial_console_log_broken_dtb.txt

---- update

Tried to check the output, but did not find anything special, problematical, except maybe a lot of messages like

"recover_current_block_mapping invalid page data!!"

But boot process continues after that.

Edited once, last by alex0801 (January 19, 2018 at 1:00 PM).

• Pls help!

• Non ho capito la tua modifica, ma non posso davvero aiutarti con questo.

Se puoi andare su Android e inviarmi il contenuto della cartella / proc / device-tree / fd628_dev, potrei riuscire a creare un albero di dispositivi personalizzato da provare.

thanks for reply i just come back from work and yes ... give me 10 minutes and i will send you

fd628_dev.zip

Edited once, last by hashmaker (January 19, 2018 at 4:01 PM).