[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I can't power on my Docooler M9S 2/16GB with the remote

Maybe have a read below.

This was a fix for s905 chip boxes with oriental U-Boot Android Firmware.

It may explain your issue being what was previously occurring to other hardware.

Link #1

• Guys, is there a way to flash this image directly into NAND of Mini M8S via Amlogic USB Burning Tool? I flashed Android TV image that way.
    The point is I can't make my Mini M8S III boot from SD via the toothstick approach. Any help doing any of these approaches is welcome. Thanks!

If you can't find an older firmware, just flash the multiboot mod that balbes150 provides for S905/S905x/S912(i think).

Format your USB stick as FAT16 (basic FAT). Copy multiboot patch as instructed. Insert USB to box when power is off and boot into android. Go to "System Update" and select local update. Choose the file from the USB that pops up on screen. It will ask you to reboot - allow it. Done.

On some boxes, I had issues getting a FAT32 USB to work, but FAT16(regular FAT) worked on all of them.

• Script "URLResolver" does not work. Hello, I have the "Palantir" addon installed and when I play an HD movie it says that the script "URLResolver" was not found, I install it, I play the HD movie again and it keeps saying that it is missing but it is installed ...

• Script "URLResolver" does not work. Hello, I have the "Palantir" addon installed and when I play an HD movie it says that the script "URLResolver" was not found, I install it, I play the HD movie again and it keeps saying that it is missing but it is installed ...

Your Spanish language pirate add-on is broken. We do not care, and no further support will be provided to you in this forum until you provide a Kodi debug log showing the box is clean of pirate crapware. Buen día :)

• You can use TVheadend and create multiple 'IPTV Automatic Networks'.

Okay I will try it tomorrow. I have to look on TVHeadend because it is new for me.

Thank you.

Another question to you. Do you know why AV out (RCA) isn't working on LE 9. In LE 8 it works fine.

• I am just testing now and can confirm that this build also works on a W95 box with the S905W processor. Even the built in Wifi connects - albeit with low transfer rates. Better to use the LAN Port or an additonal USB Wifi adapter (in my case a kebidu Wireless Dual Band 802.11ac I purchased through Aliexpress).

• Hi guys

Noob here.

I want to run Nodejs-linux-armv8 on this build. Some say the libreelec linux kernel is 64 bit, and user space is 32-bit. What does this mean? Can i run arm64 binary on it?

• I want to run Nodejs-linux-armv8 on this build. Some say the libreelec linux kernel is 64 bit, and user space is 32-bit. What does this mean? Can i run arm64 binary on it?

You can run arm64 binary only if it is statically linked or if you provide all required libraries.

• Hi, I have a problem with the screensaver. Libreelec just won't stay in screensaver mode (stays like 10 sec in screensaver mode and then wakes itself up). Does somebody experienced a similar problem?

Using 1.0.8 (problem exists in all versions). My box is a Mini M8S II - S905X

Here is my debug log:

Code
    21:02:35.965 T:4098925456   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverActivated from xbmc
    21:02:35.966 T:4098925456   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnScreensaverActivated
    21:02:35.971 T:4098928656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim]: loading setting definitions
    21:02:35.971 T:4098928656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim]: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
    21:02:35.972 T:4098928656   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim]: loading setting values
    21:02:35.973 T:4098928656   DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------
    21:02:47.894 T:4098925456   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverDeactivated from xbmc
    21:02:47.894 T:4098925456   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnScreensaverDeactivated
    21:02:48.925 T:4098928656   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit () ------