[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• These images are great and I'm verry thankfull, this is not critism but pure curiosity,

They won't load picons from my tvheadend server, Kodi on my PC and also LibreELEC on my Rpi2 do load those picons but on my amlogic devices they don't.

here is some off my log;

Once again, this is not so important, Live TV is working and I'm verry happy for that.

regards, Jefken

Edited 3 times, last by Jefken (November 1, 2017 at 11:27 AM).

• I found finally the solution!

On both my amlogic devices I was using in tvheadend a slash "/" in my username, since I changed the username, the picons are appearing!

:)

These images are great and I'm verry thankfull, this is not critism but pure curiosity,

They won't load picons from my tvheadend server, Kodi on my PC and also LibreELEC on my Rpi2 do load those picons but on my amlogic devices they don't.

• New version is out.

kodi updated to latest version (kodi-150591e)

Thanks very much for this. I just downloaded the latest version and notice that my remote no longer works - apart from the power button??

I do have a remote.conf file in the storage/.config folder and this all worked with v1.0.3. The same remote.conf also has been working for a long time with LibreELEC v8.x.

Does anybody else have problems with their remotes?

Edited 2 times, last by ukmark62 (November 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM).

• Thanks very much for this. I just downloaded the latest version and notice that my remote no longer works - apart from the power button??

I do have a remote.conf file in the storage/.config folder and this all worked with v1.0.3. The same remote.conf also has been working for a long time with LibreELEC v8.x.

Does anybody else have problems with their remotes?

I have the same problem

• Looks like there is a problem with using stock remotes on 1.0.4, I'm investigating it now.

I use my TV remote to control my box so apologies to everyone for not picking up on this sooner.

-edit

New version is up with remote fixed.

Edited 2 times, last by GDPR-2 (November 3, 2017 at 3:51 AM).

• Looks like there is a problem with using stock remotes on 1.0.4, I'm investigating it now.

I use my TV remote to control my box so apologies to everyone for not picking up on this sooner.

-edit

Cheers!

All working now.

-edit

My remote is only partly working. Up/Down, Left/Right and OK is working. The rest not. I'm on 1.0.4.1

• Check your remote config because all is working fine for me.

So you are telling me that the 1.0.4 version could have changed the remote.conf file?

I never touched the standard remote.conf file coming with your builds. I started with version 1.0.1.

• Hi i'am trying to compile your master branch and have this error on media_build

creating symbolic links...

make[3]: Entering directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/v4l/firmware'

make[3]: Leaving directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/v4l/firmware'

make -C firmware

make[3]: Entering directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/v4l/firmware'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'default'.

make[3]: Leaving directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/v4l/firmware'

Kernel build directory is /mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/linux-99798df

make -C ../linux apply_patches

make[3]: Entering directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/linux'

Applying patches for kernel 3.14.29

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/api_version.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/pr_fmt.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/debug.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/drx39xxj.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-054-nuvoton_revert_d7b290a1056c5564eec8a1b169c6e84ff3.6.114c13.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-057-Removed-MCE-customer-code-restriction-in-rc6-decode.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-062-imon_pad_ignore_diagonal.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-202-lnbp22_patch_for_more_power_if_rotor.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-203-stb0899_enable_low_symbol_rate.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-204-lirc_fix_for_4.12.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-220-hauppauge_dualhd_second_tuner_support.patch

patch -s -f -N -p1 -i ../backports/linux-249-gpioplug.patch

The next patch would create the file drivers/media/rc/gpioplug-ir-recv.c,

which already exists! Skipping patch.

1 out of 1 hunk ignored

make[3]: *** [Makefile:139: apply_patches] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/linux'

make[2]: *** [Makefile:52: default] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi/v4l'

make[1]: *** [Makefile:26: all] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/4TERA4/agamg-xda/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel/media_build-2017-06-20-rpi'

Makefile:9: recipe for target 'release' failed

could you help ?

• will the option to enable RGB ever be available again?

This is broken in Amlogic Nougat kernel - colorspace switching code is a complete mess now and it's hard to determine what needs to be done/fixed in order to make RGB mode work again. Perhaps with and update to Amlogic kernel this might get fixed but nobody can promise that. Also nobody has reported if rgb,10bit mode works (as mentioned in this post: Color problem with S905X).