[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• This is a problem with the plugin, I'm guessing netflix changed something on their end and the addon devs need to update it because it was working fine a couple of days ago.

so far so good. downloaded 1.0.3 .tar and auto updated all addons. netflix still works.

@ChimeyJimmey As above, a new build will be pushed later tonight that will auto update itself in the future and include Gendos patch for inputstream.adaptive, I also don't own an S912 device so I don't really wan't to put something out there that I can't personally debug and test, sorry.

Thanks for the great work! Let me know if you want me to send you a 912 box.

• Hi!

Is it possible to watch Netflix at 1080p or do you need to have a box with some kind of Widvine license or hardware?

Thanks

• 1080p is possible, the problem is Netflix/Amazon are being software decoded. so choppy playback on full hd streams.

• Will they ever get hardware decoding or is that just not possible?

Devices: Mecool KI Pro S905D & Beelink MiniMX III 2G/16G S905.

• Will they ever get hardware decoding or is that just not possible?

it's all in the hands of google. I don't think so.

Beelink MiniMXIII II 2GB, 32GB always running latest Libreelec from SD card. No issues so far(except for the ones already known or posted by me).

Mecool m8s Pro+ which with widevine level 1, Android runs a hacked version of android TV.

• Starting while the TV is off gives me a similar screen to this one. The Kodi 18 Alpha logo shows the same distortion.

Could someone help? I do have a KI Plus.

ec2d4bb3044ec3e162ec97920cd465edc54ee184.jpg

• Starting while the TV is off gives me a similar screen to this one. The Kodi 18 Alpha logo shows the same distortion.

Could someone help? I do have a KI Plus.

Wow that's quite something, I believe that's a bootloader issue with the HDMI handshake not being performed when your TV is off, the boot arguments are not being set correctly. You could try upgrading to a newer firmware and then reflash libreelec and see if it helps.

• Hey GDPR-2 or anyone else.. 1.0.3 runs great but I can't seem to find any pvr plugins. Is there a working repo? Should I use the ones from Gendo builds? I am specifically looking for the TVheadend PVR client.

• Wow that's quite something, I believe that's a bootloader issue with the HDMI handshake not being performed when your TV is off, the boot arguments are not being set correctly. You could try upgrading to a newer firmware and then reflash libreelec and see if it helps.

I'm already on the last firmware. This never occured for previous libreelec builds from kszaq or afl1 . I think it is somehow related to your build. Is there any boot option I could set to avoid the error in the meantime?

By the way, I think I saw this error already for some users of their builds but it got solved somehow.

• Amazon prime video works, no 'wrong' (incompatible) updates are shown, no crashes, perfect.

How does one install amazon prime? I get a dependencies error when trying to install. Do I need to install java separately or something?