[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• I have a problem with amazon addon since 8.90.4. Sometimes screen is black, oder its extremly stuttering. In version 8.90.3 everythings works perfekt! What was changed? SOmebody any Idea?

i need a download for 8.90.3. Can somebody help me?

• There was a post about the devel build not working on internal nand due to the new kernel. Has that been implemented in 8.90.5? If so I may have to find my old micro SD.

• Every time I start video playback, LibreElec crashes/reboots. When the video is started, the spinner spins for a few seconds, then stops, then the system reboots. I'm stumped (although seems like a pilot error since about everyone seems to run similar hardware / software w/o similar issues and I rechecked everything I can think of).

Clean install on NexBox A95X / 2G:

• LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.5.img.gz
    • gxl_p212_2g.dtb (renamed to dtb.img)
    • remote working fine after configuring that
    • Emby syncs fine, but crashes after any video is started
    • X-newa (an interface to NextPVR) syncs/shows the TV schedule fine, but crashes if I try to watch anything

Previously, the A95x was running LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img.gz (and many older versions too) w/o ever experiencing any problems of this nature. As stated, everything on this latest version seems to be working well until I start any video.

Any advice is appreciated.

• I have a problem with amazon addon since 8.90.4. Sometimes screen is black, oder its extremly stuttering. In version 8.90.3 everythings works perfekt! What was changed? SOmebody any Idea?

i need a download for 8.90.3. Can somebody help me?

I agree, 8.90.3 is the fastest for my S905X boxes. No hiccups when playing 120mbit Jellyfish video, good response to IR remote.

I has some problems, occasional KODI crash upon entering Libreelec settings or when indexing folder with many movies in subfolders...

After upgrade to new versions playback of high-bitrate video is jumpy and IR remote control reactions delayed.

I hope optimizations will fix those problems in the future, but for now I reverted back to 8.90.3 version.

Edited once, last by blackie (March 8, 2018 at 5:19 AM).

• Thanks. I think the Amazon issue is more to do with Inputstream adaptive. I get the same issue with both Netflix and Amazon since 8.90.3. tweaking the Inputstream adaptive settings would help or restarting. There was a recent update to the rtmp input add-on and that has helped. I'll test on 8.90.5 once my box updates.

• For me 8.90.5 from a Samsung EVO+ on a Tanix TX7 is running pretty well, so smooth and no stuttering, even Live TV on HD. I stream sat from a Vu+ and play it with Enigma2 PVR on the TX7, and all is OK.

Only issue I have is the "slowmotion" caused randomly with Hyperion, but it's a common problem on all s905 boxes, and seems that the problem is from Amlogic Kernel and drivers, nothing to do by devs.

Thanks for your efforts!

• Wouldn't it be easier when there is little changelog posted about the changes which causes the bump from xx.4 to xx.5?

Yeah, I know the saying 'no changelog for alpha software' but it's nonsense. We can only provide good logs about remaining bugs if we know what to look for.