Posts by snoopyjoe

Will the legacy train auto update in the future or will another manual download be needed for 11.1? I'm running the generic-legacy for my J4105 Brix with dual display. I noticed that there are no available versions listed in the update section for the legacy train.

It's one of those things that still requires manual humanoid action to activate it.

We'll have a stern talking-to with those responsible. ^^

No worries:) I just have a couple remote NUCs that I would love to stop manually updating now that the stable version is released. Having remote connects available is not something I like to practice for too long.

If you need inputstream.adaptive 2.2.8 for S905 and S912, I have compiled myself and could upload here.

Oh you are baby Jesus if you could upload Inputstream 2.2.8! I help code and test the psvue add-on and v2.1.15 is not working anymore. Thanks nice

Also what do you use to compile binary add-ons? I mainly use Xcode to code in python, xml and Java but after reading I might have to get a Ubuntu VM just to compile the binaries.

Thanks GDPR-2 and others for for all your hard work on the Amlogic builds. Sorry to hear all the doughebags finally got to you. 8.90.6 is the most stable version to date. Though I do wish peak3d didn't apply million updates to inputstream after you made 8.90.6 build. v2.1.15 to v2.2.8 in 10 days...? "C'mon Man!" Lol. This forum is a very nasty and vile place with people who don't seem to understand the words "test", "development" or "alpha". Probably the same people who stop at green lights. Anyway, I'm off to vacation in the sun for spring break or to the Kodi forums where things seem to be more civilized.

Just recently dual booted one box with a micro SD and it's a class 4. LE would lockup just trying boot because of the slow speed. Switching to a UHS1 SD card and the performance is comparable to the internal flash. Any class 6 or above SD should be good for booting. Then have all your Kodi data run off the internal. I would recommend UHS1 or UHS3 if you're going to keep everything on the SD card.

I'm not sure if this is related to the video freezing after playback has stopped issue but in 8.90.5 whenever I play a file ripped from a DVD, Kodi crashes. It doesn't matter the format or codec used on the file. The same files played in 8.90.3 and 8.90.4. I tried taking a different raw avi file and the dvd file and encoded them both using the same codec, bitrate and frame rate. The DVD file is the only one that crashes. The only difference I noticed between the files after encoding them is the DVD has the NTSC standard listed in it's video information. I've attached the log file and the kodi crash log file too.

Kodi log file 8.90.5

Kodi crash log file 8.90.5

Sorry my stupid Macbook crashed before I could finish editing my post. I did notice the download URL from my log file has a space before the ".tar" in the file name. Maybe urllib2 is encoding the space then calling the url? I've been working on the PSVue addon and urllib2 and requests have been a thorn for me every time! Hahaha.

ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::download_file(https://sx05.eu/s905/8.2/8.2.2.3/LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3-temp_sensor_disabled .tar, /storage/.kodi/temp/update_file) ## ERROR: (HTTPError())

You would be aware of a start-up intro video playing at Kodi start-up if it were enabled, so I'd presume that's not your problem.

When automatic updates in LE settings is set to auto, there is no option to check for updates available.

Are you sure yours is not set to manual ?

It seems that more work is needed for auto-update to function for all users

You would be aware of a start-up intro video playing at Kodi start-up if it were enabled, so I'd presume that's not your problem.

When automatic updates in LE settings is set to auto, there is no option to check for updates available.

Are you sure yours is not set to manual ?

It seems that more work is needed for auto-update to function for all users

Yeah I was getting the same problem as Menion with the auto update stating there was an update but never downloading. After checking the log file it seems the LibreElec config addon is timing out trying to connect to the auto update server.

More specifically, this is the error which eventually throughs a urllib2 404 error.

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/kszaq/ocz/le-master/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel/LibreELEC-settings-12c5f24/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 284

followed by:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default

HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

I can post the full pastebin log file if anyone wants to take a look at but after reading it looks like the auto update may be suspended until the transition to the Leia builds are complete.

Awesome work kszaq on 8.1.3! Super solid build and no issues on both my Tronsmart's S95 Telos and Meta. Even better news after upgrading from 8.0.2e to 8.1.3 is the no sound issue playing certain AAC encoded files with the output configuration setting set to anything other than "Fixed" has now been resolved. I'm not sure what in 8.0.2 did not like passthrough or DTS but 8.1.3 seems to have gotten rid of it. Thanks!

I've never had any issues using the kodi backup addon on LibreElec. I only use it so that I can schedule backups to my NAS and disk space on my box is limited. I have it configured to backup only addons, addon data, database, and config files. Restoring from this backup is best once libreelec/kodi is installed and setup. Also I've notice if your current kodi build has too much stuff (large database, lots of addons) then the backup will be large and become corrupted. I recently did a hard reset and stripped down my build to keep it lite as well the backups small. The LE backup is best when doing a hard reset or new install as it backs up the OS settings (LE) and kodi settings.

Also 8.0.2b is amazingly faster. No more problems hardware accelerating h.264 files and streaming files over SMB no longer freezes when fast forward. Awesome work kszaq!

boot from an SD and it works correctly, I access SSH and execute the command "installointernal" to install libreelec on the internal flash.

When I run the "installinternal" command, the following message appears:

Can not get mtd information for /dev/nand_env

When I restart the tvbox without the SD does not start, the screen is black.

The command should be "installtointernal". I'm not sure if you forgot the "to" part or if was a typo on your post. I had to run "installtointernal" twice like the instructions says because first boot failed giving "error press any key to shutdown"

The problem solves if I set output to 'Fixed', because the audio is resampled to 48 kHz. Even the mp3 coded at 44.1 kHz are resampled, and that's not very good to me.

Thanks for the info felixob. It's definitely something with the HDMI sampling. Changing the output to "Fixed" solves it, but other files with the same codec and sample rate play on the "Optimized" and "Best match" outputs. I have a feeling it's the bitrate of the audio as well that is having problems.

delete the custom channel in

Thanks zoltan, I forgot all about those custom channels I typed in a while ago.

I checked the codec details of one of the files that is has no sound and I can't see anything that is different from files that do have sound. Here are the details of the file. Ill play the file and inspect the kodi log file to see if there is any other information.

h.264 Mpeg-4 AVC

Frame rate 30

Planar 4:2:0 YUV

MPEG AAC (mp4a)