[8.90.6] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912 devices

• Dear adamg how about fd628 on s905x with gxl_p121_1g.dtb ? I just miss it please help me.

i'm trying to compile the entire kernel alone but im a newbie and it end with a lots of errors and i dont know what is the right way

Just post here the last dtb.img that currently work with last libreelec and fd628 Display installed by kodi.

[Attach = 2.737] [/ attach]

• Is there a working TVHeadend Server + HTSP client for LE 9.0? I've installed both from LibreELEC repository, but not working, server is unreachable from client and from webif.

• djnice , no logs no problem. TVH works really nice on le 9 from GDPR-2

This is my log:

• You wasn't very clear in your initial post, please wait for the next release as there will be a switch to the LE kernel which may solve your issue, it will require you using the 9.0 dtb then.

Sorry for beeing not clear enough.

Is there any plan for next release? Days? Weeks? Months? Just to have a rough idea.

• GDPR-2

For everyone running the latest build/version with a box that has a display on the front:

If your display lights up (meaning the DTB is OK), but does not work correctly (e.g. incorrect character order, or weird symbols displayed instead of numbers, etc), I made a small test app that will help me/us figure out how the LCD is connected and mapped internally for your particular box.

See attachment for the app and instructions below:

1. Unzip it into the box (I used the downloads folder)

2. SSH into the box.

3. type in 'bash test_lcd.sh' and then enter.

This will unload the firmware LCD driver and load the test driver+app.

It will run through 2 tests:

1. It will light up all sections of each character, one by one. This will help us pin point which character is assigned to what numeric index. (like which char for index=0, which one for index=1 etc.)

2. It will light up one section in all chars, one by one. This should help us see the bitmap indexes of each char.

*. A video of the box cycling through this test app will be the best help for me to get it working on your display.

After you're done, simply reboot the box to go back to 'normal'.

• Can i try too if the display is not light up but the modules are loaded ?

• Puoi provare, ma se il display non si accende affatto, l'app probabilmente non farà nulla.

Senza la struttura corretta del dispositivo, il display non funzionerà.

really thanks but theres a way to edit this dtb or make your own dtb ? and if yes some direction please?

• hashmaker

If you have linux on a computer, you can install 'dtc', it's a device tree compiler.

You'll be able to decompile your device tree, add the bit you need for the display and compile it back into a binary the box can use.

just installed dtc on linux machine. now i need original dtb.img from android or is good the last one i used for booting le?

• hashmaker

Edit the LE DTB. You will have to figure out the correct values for the gpio configuration, you'll have to put the values in numerically.

You can get the pin numbers from the /proc/device_tree/fd628_dev folder when in Android.

But the port address may differ between Android and LE, so you'll have to find the number of your port by searching the decompiled DTB for 'bank' and 'ao-bank'. The 'phandle' value represents the port number.

Also you can use this file to reference the pin numbers to their names to see what port (bank) value you should use.

kernel/meson-gxl-gpio.h at master · openSUSE/kernel · GitHub