Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• Amazon Prime won`t work in 1080p. Get an Amazon Stick for that if you need it.

Maybe.

I'm getting good results now with an overclocked S912 GPU and new GPU drivers and tweaks that went into my S912 LE Krypton Subtitles fix release.

For example I can now playback 1080p 11Mbps 10bit H264 aka Hi10P Anime - that uses CPU software decoding. This is the same software decoding that AML Kodi Leia uses with the Netflix Addon. I've done further testing with other 1080p H264 CPU software decoded content and it plays back fine.

I now strongly suspect 1080p Netflix and 1080p Amazon Video - Kodi Leia - H264 streaming may work on a AML S912 when using software decoding. :)

• For 4K HDR and a speedy GUI - Yes.

I'm really not seeing many downsides to LE S912's anymore now the external .srt Subtitles problem has been fixed.

They are one snappy LE setup when used with a Wireless remote.

Some S912's even come with Gigabit Ethernet (1000M LAN) - which is really good for high bitrate 4K HDR video playback, especially when skipping around in video.

• Choosing the right hardware...

Currently I failed in buying a Beeling GT1 Ultimate (S912) android 7.1, i have tried to run kodi and other app via android, but it fails to passtrough DTS(-HD and MA). Video quality is very nice though.

After my ordering i have read the comments and advice from wrxtasy in not to buy a S912 box... Currently i have asked Gearbest if i can send the box back because it does not function as promised.

1) What should i do, can i run LibreElec with kodi on the Beelink, or will this faill due to the hardware (s912)?

2) Should I buy a different box? I have a 1080p TV and 5.1 high end audio set. But i would love to be able to play h265 2K movies and convert them down to HD. Furthermore should audio be very good, DTS-MA passtrough and for music Flac (24/192). I have and Xpenology NAS (18Tb).

-Should i buy a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (with low noise power supply?

-Should i buy M9S-PRO 3 /32GB Android 6.0 Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2.4G WIFI/BT 4.0 KODI 16.0 / H.265 4 K Mediaplayer?

*(M9S PRO 3 GB 32 GB Smart Android 6.0 TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2.4G WIFI BT 4.0 KODI 16.0 Volledig Geladen H.265 4 K Mediaspeler in M9S-PRO 3 GB 32 GB Smart Android 6.0 TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core 2.4G WIFI BT 4.0 KODI 16.0 Volledig Geladen H.265 4 K Mediaspeler van Settopboxen op AliExpress.com | Alibaba Groep)

Love to hear your ideas and of course hardware suggestions!

Regards, YtB

• @yetithebouncer : I run libreelec on my Beelink GT1 (not the ultimate version) for several months without any problem. Use a good microSD (Samsung EVO+ or Sandisk Extrem) and you are in business.

Do not waste your time to install it to internal, not a big gain with a good microSD.

Give it a try before sending back your GT1.

• Hi!

Looking a Amlogic Device that can handle 4k with 32GB of Storage or 16GB.

Need a device than can handle heavy Skins like Aeon MQ.

PS: Reading through this thread found a few once from users, help me pick one

Mecool M8S Pro L

H96 Pro 3GB

3 GB 32 H9 PRO+

S912 T95Z PLUS

Thanks!

Edited 3 times, last by movie78 (April 6, 2018 at 9:22 PM).

• Maybe.

I'm getting good results now with an overclocked S912 GPU and new GPU drivers and tweaks that went into my S912 LE Krypton Subtitles fix release.

For example I can now playback 1080p 11Mbps 10bit H264 aka Hi10P Anime - that uses CPU software decoding. This is the same software decoding that AML Kodi Leia uses with the Netflix Addon. I've done further testing with other 1080p H264 CPU software decoded content and it plays back fine.

I now strongly suspect 1080p Netflix and 1080p Amazon Video - Kodi Leia - H264 streaming may work on a AML S912 when using software decoding. :)

Could you please share some info on how to do it? I have a Bee Link GT1 with the latest libreelec devel (LibreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-1523018311.tar).

Also, what are your advancedsettings.xml?

Thanks,

anthonws.

Edited once, last by anthonws (April 6, 2018 at 9:37 PM).

• Maybe.

Sorry to say but i just tested netflix 720p and 1080p on mecool m8s pro L with a Leia test devel build from boot2k3 with your patch/fix inlcuded with OC GPU 792 Mhz but unfortunately netflix 720p still sluggish.

Do you know what the right settings for better performance?

Thanks!

• Does it support 4K HDR ISO playback?

• @yetithebouncer : I run libreelec on my Beelink GT1 (not the ultimate version) for several months without any problem. Use a good microSD (Samsung EVO+ or Sandisk Extrem) and you are in business.

Do not waste your time to install it to internal, not a big gain with a good microSD.

Give it a try before sending back your GT1.

mike2002 which EL version do you use? Does ik come with Kodi?

and does it do DTS Passtrough??

• Does the "newer" version of the MeCool M8S Pro L have full support from LE? Can i use the new Bluetooth remote with LE out of the box?

IMG_20180318_111020.jpg

The included Bluetooth remote is a combo IR/Bluetooth remote, so the IR portion of the remote works great with that box on LibreELEC. The Bluetooth does not work.

• Is there any Amlogic limitations for the maximum photo resolution? I have Beelink MXIII, MXIII II, MECOOL M8S Pro+, with 2816x2112 photos slideshow works fine but 5184x3456 photos always crashed.

• After going round and round for a week or so I've just ordered a Minix U9-H with A3 remote after coming to the conclusion that it's the best option at the moment. Also GearBest currently has them on offer.

Am I right?