Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide

• would you mind sharing what is needed to get netflix working on kodi? Im sick of having to jump between my tv and the kodi setup

Go to the Kodi forum -> video add-on section. There you will find the unofficial netflix repository stuff.Remember that all video decoding on linux is done in software, so you need more then a little device to get 1080p working (just found out myself. Runs great on my core i5 mediacenter. a low end atom x5 however...)

• Go to the Kodi forum -> video add-on section. There you will find the unofficial netflix repository stuff.Remember that all video decoding on linux is done in software, so you need more then a little device to get 1080p working (just found out myself. Runs great on my core i5 mediacenter. a low end atom x5 however...)

cheers

• Go to the Kodi forum -> video add-on section. There you will find the unofficial netflix repository stuff.Remember that all video decoding on linux is done in software, so you need more then a little device to get 1080p working (just found out myself. Runs great on my core i5 mediacenter. a low end atom x5 however...)

Yes that is it. I did find not need to enter an ESN number at all tho.

Also make sure the included inputstream-adptive addon is installed and enabled - or it will have to be installed from a LE or CE repo.

Been testing on a Rockchip RK3399 - that has the CPU ponies to do SW decoding of 1080p Netflix easily.

Only issue I've found is not all content wants to stream from the Netflix servers at 1080p with Linux Kodi Leia for some reason.

Android Kodi Leia with baked into hardware Widevine L1 DRM streams reliably at 1080p and also does HW decoding of Netflix with the Addon.

(Does not work on Android Kodi Leia Mecool devices with what appears to be blacklisted L1 DRM or HDCP 1.x)

• inputstream adaptive, drm, netflix and amazon vod support are the most important reasons for me. Finally a good way to watch netflix (1:1 pixelmapping, framerate switching, hq decoding, fast interface). LE 9 / Kodi 18 was for me the reason to finally get a netflix subscription. Just works out of the box, no need to tweak funky patches, just download a few add-ons and you're ready.

And other than for streaming services. Any benefits over Krypton?

• FYI A95X R2 s905w works with LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 and gxl_p281_2g.dtb here (Not the a95xr2 labeled one)

Did you install to internal?

JP

Lisbon, PORTUGAL

Sunvell T95X 1G/8G (S905X) -> HDMI -> YAMAHA RX-V775 receiver -> EPSON EH-TW6600 projector

(CoreELEC 8.90)

• With the arrival of the Odroid N2, and a working version of CE for it, this thread has become redundant. Nothing else comes close for the price.

Shoog

• With the arrival of the Odroid N2, and a working version of CE for it, this thread has become redundant. Nothing else comes close for the price.

Shoog

Any other opinions on that?

• N2 is nice hardware although like most HK devices it has some quirks. It'll be even nicer when it doesn't run an obsolete franken-kernel, but mainline support is progressing swiftly. So far the G12A/B devices i've been playing with are noticeably quicker than GX devices. If you're not sold on the N2 there will be some other S922X devices in the market soon.