What remote do you use?

• Hello
    For many years I used the Hama VCR-1100 IR remote because it was responsive and worked well with OpenElec.

From heavy use it is getting a little shabby so eventually I will replace it. I could buy the same again but I am wondering if there is something better out there nowadays.

What dedicated remote do you use, and do you recommend it? (not including HDMI CEC or FLIRC)

Thanks

• I am using the original Mele F10 and am quite satisfied.
    Also, on another box have the ATI Remote Wonder II (VERY old). Both are RF remotes, which I will recommend.
    After fiddling a little bit with remapping buttons in hardware got both working to my liking.

Edited once, last by Gaudi (July 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM).

• As I don't like the idea having a remote for every device I use (which are many in my living room), I decided to use a Logitech Harmony. But, and I know you don't ask for that, I use it with a Flirc dongle and I'm absolutely satisfied with it. With an older HTPC case I used the same Harmony with the internal IR receiver which worked well, too. So for me, the Harmony fits very well.

• I stopped using a remote years ago. The Kore app works fantasticly for me, it's great not having to use a single remote in the lounge.

What do you use for tv / amp etc?

Harmony every time here. One remote per room is fine for me.

Edited once, last by trogggy (July 13, 2016 at 7:43 PM).

• What do you use for tv / amp etc?

Harmony every time here. One remote per room is fine for me.

Nuc > Hdmi to tv > s/pdif to 2.1 soundbar.

The tv is effectively a computer monitor. When I turn on the nuc (kore has WoL, it turns on).

Sound is delivered via a 2.1 soundbar plugged into the TV's s/pdif jack, and I control it via kodi's volume control. I'm partially deaf, so I don't know how good or bad this setup would be considered by others (though I've always been a tad curios), but sound isn't a big deal to me.

Edited once, last by fTdOmen (July 13, 2016 at 9:21 PM).

• Nuc > Hdmi to tv > s/pdif to 2.1 soundbar.

The tv is effectively a computer monitor. When I turn on the nuc (kore has WoL, it turns on).

Sound is delivered via a 2.1 soundbar plugged into the TV's s/pdif jack, and I control it via kodi's volume control. I'm partially deaf, so I don't know how good or bad this setup would be considered by others (though I've always been a tad curios), but sound isn't a big deal to me.

Nice idea.
    Wouldn't work for me, far far too many things connected to the tv and a low-tech (non-HDMI) receiver.

• Further to the above, bought a harmony eite when one came up cheap on ebay. It has a central hub which can send out Bluetooth, IR and IP commands (it connects to your LAN via wifi).

The remote is RF to the hub, so the hub can be inside the cupboard with the amp which is IR controllable. So, controls my chromebox via bluetooth. Controls the TV and AMP via IR. Controls my Philips Hue lights via IP. Plus if I lose the RF remote I can use an android app on my phone to control the whol lot.

I can turn the AMP and TV on with one press, the chromebox just runs 24/7.

Some of the expected kodi commands don't work, I need to diagnose and maybe change some keymaps, shouldn't be a problem.

• Hope I can get help here..... I flashed my mxq with md201. I had to place remote.conf in configfile for the factory remote to work. Got it to install but the volume + don't work and return button doesn't work. Is there any way of fixing it??

• Hope I can get help here..... I flashed my mxq with md201. I had to place remote.conf in configfile for the factory remote to work. Got it to install but the volume + don't work and return button doesn't work. Is there any way of fixing it??

This should be in it's own thread or one of the amlogic ones - it's nothing to do with remote choices.
    If you post the contents of your remote.conf in a code box here (in a new thread in the amlogic section?) it might well be something obvious.

Edited once, last by trogggy (August 26, 2016 at 3:14 PM).

• I have a Hauppauge 950Q usb hd tuner, and it's remote controls LE out of the box. :) The remote itself's a little flimsy though, not much bigger than a credit card, so I bought a bigger replacement from Hauppauge's web store.

Code
    http://www.hauppauge.com/site/webstore2/webstore_avcable-hvr.html