Cannot rewind with LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2

• I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 (dual boot) and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it or get round it

LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV4K, NowTV, Apple Extremes

• Rewind a video fully?
    Restart it and select "Start from beginning".

Otherwise, use the cursor-down (not cursor-left) on your remote to take big steps in rewinding.

• Thanks for the reply, but what I mean is when I try to rewind at all, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

It doesn't matter which button I press either for small or big steps

LG OLED C7, Marantz SR7010, Panasonic BD35, Logitech Elite, Virgin V6, Mission 752, Mission 75C, Wharfedall 9.0, BK XLS200 Mk 2, iPhone 6S, Synology 214Play, Wetek Play2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3, Mede8er MED600X3D, Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV4K, NowTV, Apple Extremes

• Amlogic support in Kodi v17 is not fully baked and there are some unfinished bits, and this is one of the quirks that shows up on some media - I see it most when trying to skip back in tvheadend time-shift recordings. It's more a case of "working as expected" than a reportable bug so I won't be asking for logs or investigating further. Fixes for current quirks will/should come with Kodi v18 and further overhauling of Kodi VideoPlayer code, and by that point we are hopefully running on a mainline Linux kernel that solves other quirks in the current (ancient) 3.14 kernel.

• Amlogic support in Kodi v17 is not fully baked and there are some unfinished bits, and this is one of the quirks that shows up on some media - I see it most when trying to skip back in tvheadend time-shift recordings. It's more a case of "working as expected" than a reportable bug so I won't be asking for logs or investigating further. Fixes for current quirks will/should come with Kodi v18 and further overhauling of Kodi VideoPlayer code, and by that point we are hopefully running on a mainline Linux kernel that solves other quirks in the current (ancient) 3.14 kernel.

Thanks for that chewitt, I will just sit back and wait and see what happens next :)

• has there been any progress with this please

• No idea. You'll find to find (or build) a pre-alpha Leia image for WP2 to find out for yourself. Leia is still a long way off..