Cannot rewind with LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2

• I have just put LibreELEC 8.1 onto my Wetek Play 2 (dual boot) and it works great except when trying to rewind a video.

If i use the either the Wetek Play 2 remote or my Logitech One/FLIRC to fast forward, the video speeds up and the time at the botton of the screen counts up until I press play when it carrys on playing.

When I try to rewind, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

Does anyone have any idea whats the problem is and how I can fix it or get round it

• Thanks for the reply, but what I mean is when I try to rewind at all, the video stops but the time counts down, if I press play nothing happens except a blue circle appears in the centre of the screen with the number 100 inside.

It doesn't matter which button I press either for small or big steps

• Official Post

Amlogic support in Kodi v17 is not fully baked and there are some unfinished bits, and this is one of the quirks that shows up on some media - I see it most when trying to skip back in tvheadend time-shift recordings. It's more a case of "working as expected" than a reportable bug so I won't be asking for logs or investigating further. Fixes for current quirks will/should come with Kodi v18 and further overhauling of Kodi VideoPlayer code, and by that point we are hopefully running on a mainline Linux kernel that solves other quirks in the current (ancient) 3.14 kernel.

• Amlogic support in Kodi v17 is not fully baked and there are some unfinished bits, and this is one of the quirks that shows up on some media - I see it most when trying to skip back in tvheadend time-shift recordings. It's more a case of "working as expected" than a reportable bug so I won't be asking for logs or investigating further. Fixes for current quirks will/should come with Kodi v18 and further overhauling of Kodi VideoPlayer code, and by that point we are hopefully running on a mainline Linux kernel that solves other quirks in the current (ancient) 3.14 kernel.

Thanks for that chewitt, I will just sit back and wait and see what happens next :)