Posts by Smilez

Does the nand go bad sometimes after doing internal nand storage?? because after flashing with 8.0.2 then run command for internal nand partitions everything is working fine. So I send it out to my cousin he's stays in another city after 4 months the mx2 does some weird auto repair and keeps running commands on the screen. Then I guide him into recovery and just erase data user but not partition the box would hang on libreelec screen with tty on top left corner. Smh. I'm thinking he need external memory for the box...?

Are you really asking me how to delete a file on your computer? Or do you miss the point that there is no problem in your LE box but the problem is in SSH client on your computer? If you try to connect to your box via SSH from another computer it will work. It is a security feature of your SSH client that refuses to connect to your LE device because it has changed its SSH fingerprint (it changes with every new LE installation).

So just delete the /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts file on your Mac (I'm just guessing you are using Mac).

You can delete it e.g. by running following command in terminal:

Code
    rm /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts

it works!!! Thank you so much!! I don't have no knowledge of ssh. I basically just copy and paste and cross my fingers. But thank you again!!

The problem is that SSH client application on your Mac has saved previous remote system identification for this IP address. Simple solution for you is to delete the known_hosts file in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts (or open it in text editor and remove line 6).

Offending ECDSA key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts:

how do I delete it? This is new territory for me. Hope u can help.

Ok thanks. Two questions. 1. Is there an updated link for the image and 2. Will the stick or sd have to stay in from now on our just for the first time? And thanks for your help. Your explanations have been fine.

8.0.2 is the latest. It's running krypton 17.3. Yes u will have to leave the card in unless u ssh and run a command. But my problem is when ssh it it won't let me connect as u can see in the post above. So I have to run it with image storage on SD and leave it in there!

im typing the right ip address. I'm trying have my memory store to nand. I've done it to other boxes. but i keep getting this

Last login: Tue Jul 25 15:02:46 on ttys000

Deez-MBP:~ Dee$ ssh [email protected]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!

Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!

It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.

The fingerprint for the ECDSA key sent by the remote host is

SHA256:EPdalAH0HUfck20p4ocwNVEXhkog6xmmUQYw1fEl3T0.

Please contact your system administrator.

Add correct host key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.

Offending ECDSA key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts:6

ECDSA host key for 192.xxx.x.xx has changed and you have requested strict checking.

Host key verification failed.

Deez-MBP:~ Dee$

do i have to use different image storage for each box? before trying to run it on nand.

I have done it from open elec as new install. But for some reason the 7.95.3 is the only one that takes. When I did the tar file it just hangs on the libre elec splash screen. Updating from 7.95.3 to 8.0.2 that is.

go on the page 1 u have make an storage image with libreelec image creator. Once u do that pop that in the side of ur box it will work. U can make the image using a USB flash stick or Sd card. Basically that will be ur external memory. Hope u get what I'm trynna say I suck at explaining things.

I'm not sure what is going on..... do the nand on the box go bad?? I flash my friend mx2 box with latest zip. I turn the box on with USB with image file for the storage then I run the command ssh seems like everything worked because I did the exact same to my mx2 box. But for my friends box when I take out the USB with the image file then turn the box on it won't work. It says something corrupt on top left corner and it go past the libreelec screen. Oh and his box was running ember before if that helps.....

Question: I have 3 MX2's. I'd like to clone the setup of the first box after I upgrade to LibreElec 8.0.2 and using an external SDCard for /storage.

Can I just clone my external SDCard 2 times and after the upgrade from Recovery to 8.0.2, insert the cloned SDCards to have 2 additional cloned MX2 setups?

do u do this through libreelec setting or samba?

I'm having trouble with it being choppy when playing 1080. Can tell exactly what u did??

I have a box that won't let me ssh. I'm a look into this. But this is all done in samba right??

Ok i thought all I had to do was create a folder in samba in configfiles but looks like there's more to it. Hope u can guide me. When I try to ssh it, it's giving me a warning : remote host identification has changed. I'm lost. I've ssh my other box with out a problem. Hope u can help.

Problem fixed.

Create an autostart.sh file in the "configfiles" share available through SAMBA with a command to delete the /storage/.cache/ssh/ folder and rebooted.

Renamed autostart.sh to autostart.sh.bak and rebooted again.

I can now SSH into the MX2. :)

I have a box that won't let me ssh. I'm a look into this. But this is all done in samba right??

Yeah, this makes more sense now, and I see why it was unique to your issue. Thanks!

Interesting. I removed the RTL8188.conf file I created while troubleshooting WIFI as recommended by someone on this thread rebooted and wireless was better than it has been. I then streamed a 1080P file and the video was choppy and sound was off.

In the past I have re mediated this with the media player setting where you enable HW acceleration. I did this and playback was then the best I have seen thus far. I believe I will now create backup as I do not believe it will get better than this.

Also I do have an ASUS 5GHZ dongle . I read you were able to get a dongle to work. If so, how?

I'm having trouble with it being choppy when playing 1080. Can tell exactly what u did??

Somehow I remembered the toothpick method and got things to work and thanks Fabric8 for clarity on step number in SD/USB creator. No need to choose, plus in the very first post it said it would use the WeTeck Play version. Oh well. So now that Kodi 17.1 is working splendidly, I just saw there was a bug on SPMC on my other Android box. Hopefully, this is only for the SPMC version as it still uses 16.5.5, I think? Anyway, hooray, it works!! And thanks. I didn't think that old box could run 17 version of Kodi. It does!!

Hack???

Update: Uh Oh, it looks like there's some kind of a hack through the downloadable subtitles. How do we get the latest fix on this one? It says to use 17.3 Kodi. How can we update from 17.1? Is that something that we need to wait on or is there a way to update to 17.3 from 17.1?

Hack??? Kind of worried

Hi KOPRajs and thanks for these builds.

I had problem using the wifi connection. While the signal was fine, there was constant buffering, slow transfer speeds even from a NAS and disconnections.

It was very much improved by doing the following procedure:

1) Create the file: /storage/.config/modprobe.d/rt8188eu.conf
    2) Paste the following: options 8188eu rtw_power_mgnt=0 rtw_enusbss=0
    3) reboot or reload the module

It apparently disables power management on the wifi module.
    Hope it helps anyone.

Do u do this through shsh?

Ok I got ext3 on a USB. I flash my box with 8.0. I put the USB on the USB slot. Then turn the on. It would show matricom then LE but after that it would go black and just stay black. I use easeUS partition and labeled it libreelec_disk.
    [hr]

Edit lucky I just left it on it took a couple of minutes then krypton loaded up. Now I gotta figure the ssh. Thanks for your work koprajs!

Edit got to run the command through ssh thanks for your help koprajs. I only have one problem. I can't get my keyboard to work. It uses a dongle that plugs into USB it worked before but it don't now.