[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• it's a bit I don't follow the forum but I have been busy with work and moving houses :) I have got myself a new Samsung QLED tv and I'm trying to understand how and if I can get HDR working.

My 905x box (Zenbox) is connected to my Yamaha AVR, CEC is enabled everywhere and I'm able to use a 4k resolution in the UI (but I'm keeping it at 1080p as it's faster).
    However, if I do: echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr, the screen will become black and eventually the TV will show no signal.

Question: Should I keep the UI at 4k in order to run the echo command? Am I missing something else? I have tried to read most of the threads here but I'm still confused :)

Cheers!

• If you say new Samsung Qled - we can be sure it's 10Bit rdy? Why not posting the EXACT model nr (if you search web you may find just but that one model). What cable do you use? Are you also sure that the Yamaha AVR is cabable - what model is that?

As for the autoswitching - there is a newer version that might work for you: [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices (bottom of the post links to it, but be sure to read Release LibreELEC 8.2.4.1 - S912 release · wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub first)

• rastobil, thanks for the answer. I think I got my answer, in the sense of that I have upgraded to 8.2.4.2 but I may have not realised that the TV was seeing HDR content even before (no need to force anything via the echo command or from the menu).

I have a Samsung QE65Q6F (not the new N), a Yamaha RX-A3070 and all the cables are at least HDMI 2.0. I have Matrix or John Wick in 4K HDR and both are reporting well on TV (HDR and UHD).

If I try to force '444,10bit', I'm getting a black screen, unsure why.

As far as I know, the panel is 10bit capable.

• hi sir, i have s905x 6.0 android, i want to instal libreelec, i try 8.2.3.1 with all dtb images, but box is not booting it goes to recovery, need help

So, you have downloaded the img.gz file?

you have download, dtb files

you then used rufus or another tool to burn the image to sd card

you then put the correct dtb file on the sd card, renaming it to dtb.img

you then inserted the card

you then pressed the recovery switch via a pinhole located on the unknown box (you didn't tell us)

then you powered on the box

you then released the reset switch after a few seconds.

did you do all that?

• hi sir, i have s905x 6.0 android, i want to instal libreelec, i try 8.2.3.1 with all dtb images, but box is not booting it goes to recovery, need help

Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

Then try with ones of these image (I tried with kszaq image, it didn't work; but these two listed below works for me, at least):

1. wrxtasy image: [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices
    2. balbes150 image: LibreELEC-S905_SD_USB.aarch64-17.6_20180122.img.gz

Next times please put some more effort to give more information (model box, chipset, wifi, how you set up, how you did, etc...).

• Hi!

I Have used CoreELEC a few weeks, and yesterday, I went back to libreelec.

Remote does not work, even adding the specific files of the remote.

Before flashing coreelec, remote always works fine.

I have a Beelink mxiii.

Does anybody any idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance 😉

• Did you use LE 8.2 or LE 8.90? If LE 8.2 then you need to reconfigure the remote to work with your box as LE 8.2 and LE 8.90 (or CE) use different method to recognise the IR signal. Have a look here: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices (for LE 8.90 and CE) and Create remote.conf from scratch (for LE 8.2). Determine your desired image then the method for the remote. Cheers.

Edited once, last by White: Update link for LE 8.2 remote to not make confusing. (July 23, 2018 at 8:33 AM).

• There are some ready made remote files here for coreelec. Just copy them to the correct location & reboot

• There are some ready made remote files here for coreelec. Just copy them to the correct location & reboot

Do you have any idea how to create a remote config cfg that support mouse function on remote for Kodi 18 (LE8.90 or CE)? For the Kodi 17.x, with the remote.conf, I can do it. But for Kodi 18, using .cfg, I have no glue how to do it. Assign BTN_MOUSE perhaps?

• Thank you guys for your support.

I used succesfully the related files when I used CE.

But.. Is it normal to have lost the remote when doing the downgrade to LE 8.2?

I did a clean installation using the toothpick method.

Thanks again!

• Hi guys.

I can't make my Android box( MXQ PRO+, s905x, 2gb RAM, 16 ROM) to boot LibreELEC.

I did everything right, followed the video:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

...and still nothing

Can someone help me?

• Ok, let's go into details what I have done. Step by step.

1. Downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img

2. Used Win32DiskImager to burn image to 16GB Kingston microSD, class 10

3. Downloaded gxl_p212_2g.dtb, device tree for s905x model

GitHub - AlexELEC/S905-trees: Device trees for Amlogic S905/905X

4. Renamed gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img

5. Deleted dtb on sdcard and put the dtb for 905x on sdcard

6.Used : toothpick method: disconnect the power supply, insert card/drive, push reset button and connect the power while holding the button. Wait until LibreELEC logo appears and release the button

7.Used: Terminal Emulator: boot to Android, insert SD card/USB drive with LE, install Terminal Emulator app (either from Google Play or APKMirror), run it and type reboot update. Your box should reboot to LE.

In both cases it didn't boot.

Cpu Z confirms that is Amlogic p212:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!aqc7teogtj5qgsyz4hqe7t0zkmrx

Now, if someone can give me advice what to do next...

• 1. Downloaded LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img

3. Downloaded gxl_p212_2g.dtb, device tree for s905x model

GitHub - AlexELEC/S905-trees: Device trees for Amlogic S905/905X

4. Renamed gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img

You are using wrong dtb.img. Device tree images that work with "LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img" should be downloaded from here:

"https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X/"

First try with "gxl_p212_2g.dtb" if it does not boot try "gxl_p212_1g.dtb".