Posts by White

Code
    : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

Restart Kodi, eventlircd, or reboot the box just for sure ;) That's it. It will work.

Unfortunately not, as it worked for me with LibreELEC 8.2.3.1.

LE 8 using another way to deal with remote, which is file remote.conf file. And that easier to config than rc_keymaps file, at least in my opinion (Leia still in development so not expect to be perfect).

That file is going to be look like this:

For all the command/function, you can have a look here: linuxinputdevices.cpp

You can disable the Linux event -> lirc event translation, eg by creating an empty eventlircd udev rule: Code
    : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

then the remote buttons/keys reach kodi like standard keyboard input.

There's one drawback though: kodi currently can't deal with a lot of keycodes used on remotes

Hi there, I have used this method to create a keymap with longpress mode, however, I had an issue with key Stop. Even though I put KEY_STOP in remote rc_maps file, but there is nothing happen when I press it in the playing movie. Anyone else experience this kind of error?

When I stop the kodi and monitoring the key being press, it still recognise that as a KEY_STOP pressed. I'm using the latest LE9.0 in this thread: Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx

I know asking this would be silly but have you put the battery in the remote? Is the remote working in Android?

Think you tried with wrong method, the ones that you tried is for Kodi 17.x.

With Kodi 18 Leia, you should follow the step here: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

... a download of 151 Mbps, which is in line with my ISP 150 Mb fibre package ( we often get slightly more speed than we pay for here which is nice)...

Here in Australia, I am getting 4~7Mbps from Telstra ADSL2+ with a package of $99/month (Unlimited Data)... There is no NBN, fibre, etc... available. Could not register with other providers as there is no infrastructure. Where I live is about 10 minutes to the central business district (CBD) in Sydney. So SAD for Australia internet users.

Oh yes and still wondering if anyone knows about switching off the front panel display which permanently shows "boot" when running LE ?? Not that important but would be nice to fix this. Anybody ??

Suggest you have a look at this post: LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC. Customize it with your own liking.

Did you use LE 8.2 or LE 8.90? If LE 8.2 then you need to reconfigure the remote to work with your box as LE 8.2 and LE 8.90 (or CE) use different method to recognise the IR signal. Have a look here: LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices (for LE 8.90 and CE) and Create remote.conf from scratch (for LE 8.2). Determine your desired image then the method for the remote. Cheers.

Hi guys,

so LibreElec or CoreElex working on W95 box? With what image and dtb? Thanks.

Im thinking about buying this box.

Suggest you buy a S905X for much easier compatible if you wish to use stable Kodi 17.x. The reason is mentioned below (so CoreELEC is your only options):

interesting I know some S905W boxes will not boot 8.2 image with the p212 dtb but mine does.

8.2 builds have been largely abandoned as work is focused on Leia, I have no intention of working on it In afraid.

Leia is your only option.

hi sir, i have s905x 6.0 android, i want to instal libreelec, i try 8.2.3.1 with all dtb images, but box is not booting it goes to recovery, need help

Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905D/S905W/S905X/S912 device

Then try with ones of these image (I tried with kszaq image, it didn't work; but these two listed below works for me, at least):

1. wrxtasy image: [8.2.4.1] LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - S905 & S912 devices
    2. balbes150 image: LibreELEC-S905_SD_USB.aarch64-17.6_20180122.img.gz

Next times please put some more effort to give more information (model box, chipset, wifi, how you set up, how you did, etc...).

Hi folks, is anyone try this for Kodi 18 Leia yet? Change label /dev/data to "STORAGE"? I have tried this on my x96 1GB RAM with the dtb gxl_p212_1g.dtb, everything is fine, but I could not turn on neither connect to ssh of the box. With the /storage mount to /dev/mmcblk1p2, it works.

The image I have tried is:

- LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-20180621082211-5287365.img

- CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.4.img

Thanks.

Anyone knows how to check autostart.sh using SSH in this version?

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.4.2-Test2.wetekdvb.img.gz

What did you mean by "check autostart.sh"?

This is what I'll do:

Code
    # Login to SSH

cd /storage/.config
    nano autostart.sh

Edit autostart.sh as below:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    (echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb)&

Save file by press: Ctrl-X -> Y -> Enter. Then make the file executable and reboot:

Code
    chmod 755 ./autostart.sh
    reboot

Enjoy /shrug

Hi, I'm first time user of Minix U9 with LibreELEC.

Taking SMB defaults when copying files from Win7-64 PC over CAT6 LAN to USB3 attached HDD on Minix U9 LibreELEC, I'm getting a file transfer rate of only 3 kbytes/s.

For comparison, when copying over same CAT6 LAN from Win7-64 PC to:

• old WDTV copying to same USB3 attached HDD I get 10 kbytes/s, or
    • ASUS router's Network-attached USB3 HDD I get 22 kbytes/s (that was from PC's SATA1 drive, just got 80 kbytes/s copying from USB3 HDD on PC to ASUS router's Network-attached USB3 HDD)

When saying 3 kbytes/s, do you mean 3KB/s? Even if the ASUS NAS, the speed of 22KB/s or 80KB/s is extremely slow... Please re-check if the speed unit is correct?

Normally, I copy a large file from my laptop to Raspberry Pi 3, I get the maximum of around ~12MB/s (over 100M LAN Adapter on both devices).

Thank you so much for your response. I don't understand why I check in the System Info, free -m and AIDA64, they both see 2GB of RAM, is the Android dtb might has multiple device trees in 1 file?

And how about the cpu freq? I see the scaling_available_frequencies has the maximum of 1200000 only. Can we get 1536000 (1.536GHz) for this S905X chip, I think that the real maximum cpu freq of it?