LE9.0 remote configs ir-keytable Amlogic devices

• thanks, I know it is stupid question but I m simple user. How to create rc_maps.cfg?

Do you use samba or SSH ?

If using samba, just create a text file in the appropriate folder with a right click and edit with your prefered editor.

if using ssh, type this command:

Code
    echo "meson-ir     *     a95x.txt" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
  • Do you use samba or SSH ?

If using samba, just create a text file in the appropriate folder with a right click and edit with your prefered editor.

if using ssh, type this command:

Code
    echo "meson-ir     *     a95x.txt" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

I did not work in samba or ssh, I will try today. Thanks you very much for ur kind explanation.

• Here are mine. I have to add that I use both (also) for my MiniMXII III box.

I will update this post when all works the way I want to. The file works for both remotes without any re-adjustment.

I have remapped and added the necessary files. In the end I didn't miss the possibility to "longpress".

• This pointed me into the right direction. Unfortunately I have not figured out (yet) how to use <mod="longpress"> which would add a lot more functionality.

• This pointed me into the right direction. Unfortunately I have not figured out (yet) how to use <mod="longpress"> which would add a lot more functionality.

As somebody said, it doesn't work with this driver. Need to assign button for context menu.

Button 4 in my example.

Longpress in kodi only works for keyboards, not remotes that reach kodi as lirc events.

You can disable the Linux event -> lirc event translation, eg by creating an empty eventlircd udev rule:

Code
    : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

then the remote buttons/keys reach kodi like standard keyboard input.

There's one drawback though: kodi currently can't deal with a lot of keycodes used on remotes, eg KEY_OK, KEY_CHANNELUP/DOWN and a bunch of others won't work. So you'll have to use different keycodes in your keymap (eg KEY_ENTER instead of KEY_OK).

so long,

Hias

• One suggesting

Can you keep remote list on first topic?

Its easily to users to find their remote instead to keep always asking for remote file

Good, idea, to have a list that anyone can update, & perhaps a repo? so anyone can upload remote files. Rather than one person having to maintain it.

• Longpress in kodi only works for keyboards, not remotes that reach kodi as lirc events.

You can disable the Linux event -> lirc event translation, eg by creating an empty eventlircd udev rule:

Code
    : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

then the remote buttons/keys reach kodi like standard keyboard input.

Hias

HiassofT, Is there any example of usage? What files to modify in this case for longpress actions?

• Guys, what would be the best way to configure both a NEC and an RC-6 remote ?

I have been reading and trying without any luck.

Is it even possibe to have both an rc-6 and a nec driven remote activated at the same time?

Thanks for any pointers.

• Guys, what would be the best way to configure both a NEC and an RC-6 remote ?

I have been reading and trying without any luck.

Is it even possibe to have both an rc-6 and a nec driven remote activated at the same time?

Thanks for any pointers.

Yes, that's possible - and default LibreELEC configuration uses that to support both rc-6 remotes like MCE and NEC remotes like Xbox 360, One (crap, I always mix these up) Wetek Hub etc out of the box.

All that's needed is that you put both RC6 and NEC into the header, after "type:". See for example the /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps/libreelec_multi_amlogic file:

Code
    # table libreelec_multi_amlogic, type: RC6 NEC
    # rc6_mce
    0x800f0400 KEY_NUMERIC_0
    # wetek_hub
    0x77f1 KEY_POWER
    0x77f2 KEY_HOME

So, simply create a separate keymap for each remote and then combine the content into a "multi" keymap file and use a header like above.

so long,

Hias

• I don't know, but could you add the extra remote to the /storage/.config/rc_keymaps.

then edit

/storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg to add the other remote as well?

looks like someone has given a better answer,

• Ah, the keymap combining part is where i got stuck.

Created a seperate keymap file for the rc-6 Xbox 360 remote and it works, but only for a single remote at a time.

Thanks for your kind explanation, saved me some time :)

• BTW: before you start creating a keymap on your own have a look what's already shipping with LE in /usr/lib/udev/rc_keymaps.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One are already there, so you can just put the name in rc_maps.cfg and don't need to create an rc_keymaps/MYREMOTE file first. Or you can use these as a template in case you want to modify something.

so long,

Hias

• haha yes, i noticed that while browsing the dir. you pointed me too.

Excellent, both working now. I really like how you can just grab some remote you like now and hook it up without much effort.