SMB speed using LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1

• Hi, I'm first time user of Minix U9 with LibreELEC.

Taking SMB defaults when copying files from Win7-64 PC over CAT6 LAN to USB3 attached HDD on Minix U9 LibreELEC, I'm getting a file transfer rate of only 3 kbytes/s.

For comparison, when copying over same CAT6 LAN from Win7-64 PC to:

• old WDTV copying to same USB3 attached HDD I get 10 kbytes/s, or
    • ASUS router's Network-attached USB3 HDD I get 22 kbytes/s (that was from PC's SATA1 drive, just got 80 kbytes/s copying from USB3 HDD on PC to ASUS router's Network-attached USB3 HDD)

Is it possible to change any LibreELEC SMB settings to get faster transfer?

Thanks for your help. Steve

PS I'm OK to make settings in an smb.config file or on a command line setting up an SMB drive, if that's what it takes.

Edited 4 times, last by SteveW: Adding a PS (July 5, 2018 at 10:51 PM).

• Taking SMB defaults when copying files from Win7-64 PC over CAT6 LAN to USB3 attached HDD on Minix U9 LibreELEC, I'm getting a file transfer rate of only 3 kbytes/s.

Sure those measurement units are correct?

Try running iperf to see if it is network related or kodi SMB related.

• Thanks barong. I was away all of today and it's late at night now. I will investigate iperf tomorrow to see what it can tell me about Kodi and LibreELEC SMB.

But I do get much higher rates to other devices on the same network, and it takes much longer to transfer files to Minix U9 LibreELEC than to the other devices.

• Hi, I'm first time user of Minix U9 with LibreELEC.

Taking SMB defaults when copying files from Win7-64 PC over CAT6 LAN to USB3 attached HDD on Minix U9 LibreELEC, I'm getting a file transfer rate of only 3 kbytes/s.

For comparison, when copying over same CAT6 LAN from Win7-64 PC to:

• old WDTV copying to same USB3 attached HDD I get 10 kbytes/s, or
    • ASUS router's Network-attached USB3 HDD I get 22 kbytes/s (that was from PC's SATA1 drive, just got 80 kbytes/s copying from USB3 HDD on PC to ASUS router's Network-attached USB3 HDD)

When saying 3 kbytes/s, do you mean 3KB/s? Even if the ASUS NAS, the speed of 22KB/s or 80KB/s is extremely slow... Please re-check if the speed unit is correct?

Normally, I copy a large file from my laptop to Raspberry Pi 3, I get the maximum of around ~12MB/s (over 100M LAN Adapter on both devices).

• My apologies. I didn't realize that I had a networking problem that was making my LAN slow. That has been resolved after several PC reboots and I'm now getting transfer rates from my PC to USB3 HDD on Minix U9 LibreELEC of about 33,000 kbytes/s. That's nice! Problem solved.

Thanks for your prompting 'White' and 'barong'. Your help appreciated.