[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• hello,

Can I use my mobile internet stick (Huawei E3276) with Libreelec?

I search for solutions of problem with connecting E3276 with my Tanix TX3 mini.

Thanks for any answer.

regards,
    Chris

• No reset button on Mecool M8s Pro Plus? or try google

• If I mask out pin 15 and pin 17 between the splitter and the AVR then the AVR has no sound and the video signal from the AVR has strange purple color tone (everything is purple where the original color is black). :(

Without the splitter (which is 18Gbps capable HDMI 2.0b compatible) in the box-AVR-TV setup there is no HDR signal on the tv (4k is fine) but get HD audio on the AVR.

In the box-TV-AVR setup there is HDR signal on the tv but cannot get audio not even the core DTS on HDMI ARC or optical cable to the AVR.

I cannot get HDR and HD audio together.

dodo95 :

Could you share a link where did you buy your splitter?

Edited once, last by Pelican (March 3, 2018 at 3:40 PM).

• I've now had a chance to try John Wick Chapter 2 (Overall bit rate : 83.5 Mb/s), relevant mediainfo attached further down.

The movie played absolutely fine over a 100mbit link, even when the bitrate briefly peaked at greater than 100mbit.

I kept PlayerProcessInfo on screen throughout and the cache stayed between 425-500MB for the majority of the movie, dropping down to 375MB during a single scene--so I could have safely reduced cache size by 75% (although the RAM is otherwise being wasted, so I may as well use it as a cache).

Below is my advancedsettings.xml cache:

Code
        <cache>
            <memorysize>1405000000</memorysize>
            <readfactor>10</readfactor>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        </cache>

Default setting is 20MB, iirc, which is barely even 2 seconds of video and totally insufficient for 4k playback

• From the splitter, one hdmi cable is connected to the TV and the other to the AVR.

In my case, all is working with masking pin 15 and 17.

I tried an hdmi cable with cut wire of pin 15 and it also works.

The only problem of this solution is the long hdmi handshake (about 10 seconds) when starting the movie.

I have an Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR and this splitter

• Not a big deal, when it's up it runs well. Any idea why there is such an issue with rebooting? Is it the box itself (Mecool Ki Pro)?

My box won't reboot from ssh or menu. Just halts. Don't get Mecool splash screen. Power cycling doesn't even work. 30 seconds with power out is needed each time.

• ASIX AX88178 Chipset(USB 2.0)

ASIX AX88179 Chipset(USB 3.0)

Realtek RTL8153 Chipset(USB 3.0)

Daily use in my living room is ASIX AX88178 because more stable as Realtek adapter

Hi there,

For what I read in the last pages i could buy, for example, ASIX AX88179 Chipset(USB 3.0) and connect my ethernet there and get 1 Gb ?!?!?! I thought I couldn´t get more than 100Mb in my Mecool M8s Pro ...

• Hi,

kszaq is it possible to have network-tools plugin work with your build ?

LibreELEC (community): 8.2.3.1-C2 (S905.arm)

LibreELEC:~ # /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/rsync

-sh: /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/rsync: not found

LibreELEC:~ # ldd /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.network-tools/bin/rsync

$ not a dynamic executable

Thanks