Posts by dodo95

From the splitter, one hdmi cable is connected to the TV and the other to the AVR.

In my case, all is working with masking pin 15 and 17.

I tried an hdmi cable with cut wire of pin 15 and it also works.

The only problem of this solution is the long hdmi handshake (about 10 seconds) when starting the movie.

I have an Onkyo TX-SR606 AVR and this splitter

Your problem is similar to mine.

New TV, old AVR and HDMI splitter

You can try to do this with a hdmi cable from AVR to the projector.

[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

I suppose there are more users who by buying a new TV keep their old AVR. If they use HDMI splitter in combination with a new TV and older AVR certainly have a problem with HDR. Copying the disp_cap file to /storage/.code/userdata/ solves the problem with TV resolution, but not the HDR. I think that copying hdr_cap in /storage/.kodi/userdata/ and processing it we can solve the problem of HDR. Currently, I solved this problem by blocking the pin 15 on the cable from the splitter to the AVR.

I have these hdmi splitter. Even hdr goes through it and of course DTS-HD or TrueHD audio to AVR.

Specifications

HDMI version…………………………………………….……………………......................HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2

HDMI resolution …………………...................24/50/60fps/480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/2160p

Supports video color format ....………………...……..….…...................24bit/deep color 30bit, 36bit, 48bit

Supports audio format……..................DTS-HD/Dolby-trueHD/LPCM7.1/DTS/Dolby-AC3/DSD HD(HBR)

Max bandwidth……………………………….…….......………............……….………………………….600MHz

Max baud rate…………………….………………….….…………....................………………………..18.0Gbps

Input/Output TMDS signal ………….…………………………..…...................…….....0.5~1.5Volts p-p(TTL)

Input/Output DDC signal …………………………………………….....................……...…….5Volts p-p (TTL)

Input cable distance..…... ……………………….………………….........≤15m AWG26 HDMI standard cable

Output cable distance…………………………….………......................≤20m AWG26 HDMI standard cable

Max working current………………………………..…………...................………………………………..800mA

Power adapter format Input..…………….............................AC100V-240V (50/60Hz) ; Output: DC 5V/1A

Operating Temperature range……..………...................…….…….……………………….…… (-15 to +55℃)

Operating Humidity range………………………….….………...................…5 to 90%RH (No Condensation)

Dimension (L x W x H)………………………….….………...................…...........................110x60x20(mm)

I have S905x box connected to an HDMI splitter. On the other side I have connected TV and AVR. When TV is on and AVR is off I can watch HDR content. When I switch AVR on then HDR is not even coming out from the box. I already done "cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap" as kszaq recommended and solved problems with UHD resolutions.

Enclosed files "edid", "hdr_cap" and "dc_cap" before and after turning AVR on.

cat.txt

Any idea of how to resolve this issue?

I resolved problem putting a strip of tape over HDMI pins 15 and 17.

On the picture you can see example of tape strip over pin 19.

I would prefer software solution.

Maybe something like disp_cap in /storage/.kodi/userdata but for edid and hdr_cap.

I have S905x box connected to an HDMI splitter. On the other side I have connected TV and AVR. When TV is on and AVR is off I can watch HDR content. When I switch AVR on then HDR is not even coming out from the box. I already done "cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap" as kszaq recommended and solved problems with UHD resolutions.

Enclosed files "edid", "hdr_cap" and "dc_cap" before and after turning AVR on.

cat.txt

Any idea of how to resolve this issue?