[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Thanks for the info, not sure what you mean by try the build with _nand suffix. I know the device tree can have _nand suffix but haven't seen a build with it? Lost me there. But running off SD card is fine for now.

?(:thumbdown::cry::@ Sorry, my bad! You are right, of course. I got that mixed up with the temp-sensors diabled build.

• Hello,

With Youtube Addon if I skip or forward, reward video (resolutions does not matter), sound will be 10sec later. I tried Beelink MXIII and MXII II same issue. With 8.1.10 also. This is LE 8 bug?

With 7.0.3.012l there is no problem. I hear sound immediately. I prefer 8LE because of Youtube 1080p.

Edited 2 times, last by Gábor (December 10, 2017 at 9:16 PM).

• Hi there,

Dumb questions:

If I install my Libreelec in the internal memory from my SD Card, will I be able to use that same SD Card in another Mecool (exactly the same box ) without losing any of the content?!?!!

When I install in the internal memory, it installs the setup ( skin, addon, preferences, etc ) exactly as I have in the SD Card !??!?! Or do I have do to it all again ?!?!!?

Thanks a lot !!!

• Hi there,

Dumb questions:

If I install my Libreelec in the internal memory from my SD Card, will I be able to use that same SD Card in another Mecool (exactly the same box ) without losing any of the content?!?!!

When I install in the internal memory, it installs the setup ( skin, addon, preferences, etc ) exactly as I have in the SD Card !??!?! Or do I have do to it all again ?!?!!?

Thanks a lot !!!

Your post is some what confusing however...

If you are booting Kodi from USB and you have set it up to your taste when you run the installtointernal script you are asked if you want to copy your data to internal as well, select Y and this will do as it says on the tin.

You can then put the USB drive in another AML box and do the exact same without having to redo all of your work, just run installtointernal again.

• If Iinstall my Libreelec in the internal memory from my SD Card, will I be able touse that same SD Card in another Mecool (exactly the same box ) without losing any of the content?!?!!

Answer , YES

Better off taking a backup and keeping it on a USB.

Installing fresh install to other box and restoring backup.

• ssh login to LibreELEC then

echo "echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

kszaq might want to put that permanently into platform_init ;)

wrxtasy

My box (Vorke S6) has an LCD panel on the front, where, in Android, the time and other symbols. like if an usb is plugged, etc. are shown.

Do you know its driver or how you manage it, so in LE, an useful message can be displayed on it? Currently, only "boot" appears...

Thanks!

• wrxtasy

My box (Vorke S6) has an LCD panel on the front, where, in Android, the time and other symbols. like if an usb is plugged, etc. are shown.

Do you know its driver or how you manage it, so in LE, an useful message can be displayed on it? Currently, only "boot" appears...

Thanks!

This is more or less a duplicate of my post on top of this page!

• wrxtasy

Thanks!

The instructions from wrxtasy wont work for this box however on that note, I have got this working on the S905W however its still in early stages of testing, it needs changes to the dtb/kernel module/userspace binary/kodi script.

• Hello,

With Youtube Addon if I skip or forward, reward video (resolutions does not matter), sound will be 10sec later. I tried Beelink MXIII and MXII II same issue. With 8.1.10 also. This is LE 8 bug?

With 7.0.3.012l there is no problem. I hear sound immediately. I prefer 8LE because of Youtube 1080p.

Sound delay was because of MPEG-DASH. If I do not use there is no problem but resolutions max 1280x720.

• The instructions from wrxtasy wont work for this box however on that note, I have got this working on the S905W however its still in early stages of testing, it needs changes to the dtb/kernel module/userspace binary/kodi script.

Great! I'm eager to test it. Please, keep me posted and if you need some testing, tell me.

• Is wakeonlan supposed to work in these builds? I have 3 s8 mini pros, but none of them respond to wakeonlan in the Kore app for Android. I had an Intel NUC before this, WOL worked on the generic libreelec I was running on that rig.

• Hi kszaq

I upgraded to this build today for its 10-bit support. I noticed that if I execute "echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr", my TV will automatically switch into non-HDR BT.2020 colorspace.

Now I understand that this isn't a problem with anything you did, but I would like to know whether it's feasible to switch to 10-bit mode only for HDR10 content and then switch out of it when you stop playback?

• Hi kszaq

I upgraded to this build today for its 10-bit support. I noticed that if I execute "echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr", my TV will automatically switch into non-HDR BT.2020 colorspace.

Now I understand that this isn't a problem with anything you did, but I would like to know whether it's feasible to switch to 10-bit mode only for HDR10 content and then switch out of it when you stop playback?

With a 4K TV, I wold recommend setting the Kodi resolution to 2160p and 444 10 bits. ;)

• If you ask me personally - I have no idea. ;) Use what looks better to your eyes.

What I meant is "Is it feasible to make it happen automatically during resolution\refresh rate change?" :) A manual solution would be an acceptable workaround, though. Maybe some sort of addon? Guess I should start catching up on how to make a Kodi addon.

In my case if the box stays in 8-bit mode, the TV switches into HDR but doesn't actually go into wide color gamut mode, not to mention that HDR content should be displayed in 10-bit.

"10-bit" SDR looks terribly oversaturated, so it looks bad.

"8-bit" HDR looks undersaturated, so it doesn't look right either.

So I'm pretty much stuck. I can use the built in player in the TV for these movies, but the TV can only properly handle Dolby "Everything" passthrough properly, but it can only handle DTS and not the more advances audio formats.

On my side I do not put the command "echo ..." in the autostart and libreelec switch to the good colorspace automatically with my hdr contents.

May I ask what TV make/model you have?
    I've got a LG B7, and I guess my problem has more to do with how the TV handles a 10 bit signal than a problem with LE.

Edited once, last by The Coolest (December 12, 2017 at 1:39 AM).