Posts by darioml

Not if your ARM based solution costs 1/4 of the Intel product price and will work perfectly well for the next couple of years. Then you would be stupid to pay for the Intel product as, sure as night follows day, in a couple of years (or whenever it is that there is no alternative) you will absolutely get a far more capable product for your buck than you do today, and would have lost very little on your interim product.

Hi.

Sorry, I disagree. I have been looking for replacing my old HTPC with an AMD E2 APU for a couple of years and I had to finally buy a cheap (and great! for the moment) S912 Vorke z6.

I waited for an Apollo Lake NUC, but it's said that HDR was not working and something similar about 10bit decoding. Now, new Gemini Lake NUCs do not support HDR. You need an i3 minimum.

Well, I'm speaking about low cost and low power Pentium and Celeron ones, comparable to these tiny TV boxes. Still, the Intel ones cost minimum 3 times more.

You can visit Kodi Hardware forum.

So, I think that, besides AML and ARM policy, there are so many huge changes and improvements in technology and philosophies (HDR, 10bit decoding, 12 bit, V4L, kernel 4.x, etc.) involved, that current hardware would not last as much as before, so let's take the advantage of it and squeeze it at maximum now, but do not waste so much energy fighting about what this unclear future will finally bring us. Division brings always weakness.

None of the remote buttons work on 8.90.1.

Hi.

I have just upgraded from 8.90.0 to 8.90.1 in a Vorke z6 and a similar problem arose. In my case, some of the keys were not working properly, such as the "OK". I solved it by removing the delay and period I had set in the autostart.sh:

Code
    ir-keytable -D 400 -P 200

Then, I rebooted and the remote began to work again. I think that, with the change in 8.90.1 to support long-presses, some adjustments shall be made or these tricks removed.

Just give it a try ;)

darioml Now it fetched the correct version.

What Kodi does the log say?

I enabled logging, restarted to make a clean log, tried to install it and it worked!! It installed successfully and all the symbols are shown.

Anyway, I searched for a previous log and here it is. It says: ERROR: Failed to unpack archive

Here is the complete log.

Thanks!

Files

• 01_KODI.zip

(24 kB, downloaded 143 times, last: )

Uninstall the add-on and make sure your addons/packages folder is empty before reinstalling otherwise your box will reinstall the cached old version.

I have just deleted these two files in addons/packages folder:

service.fd628-1.0.100.zip

service.fd628-1.1.100.zip

I tried to install it from the CoreELEC repo and says Installation failed. Then, this is the zip which appears in addons/packages:

service.fd628-1.1.100.zip

Any clue? Thanks!!

darioml Can you attach the fd628.service folder in the 'Addons' folder so I can take a look?

The one that's installed from the repo, that is.

Hi.

I uninstalled the one in version 1.1 and installed the 1.1.100 available in CoreELEC repo. This is the service.fd628 folder in Addons. This one does not show all symbols.

Now, I will delete two files in packages folder related to this add-on, as GDPR-2 says: service.fd628-1.0.100.zip and service.fd628-1.1.100.zip.

I'm not sure why it auto updates to the wrong version. The driver is still very much a work in progress, and there was a big change made to it after 8.90.6, which prevents the older addon from working.

You can keep updates disabled for now, there won't be any more updates to it on the official LE repo.

Hi.

I have updated my Vorke z6 to CoreElec 8.90.0.

The FD628 Display service version 1.1.100 in CoreELEC Add-ons 9.0.0 repository is still working wrong. The only way to make my display work properly, showing all the symbols, is by installing the version 1.1 you pointed me.

Cheers.

Hi!

In Vorke Z6, the LCD works perfectly with the DTB you gave us here.

I ran the tests given in you test_lcd post and all the icons showed up perfectly.

Moreover, I ran the following steps given in led_control.txt and all the icons showed up when they were commanded:

Well, in order to test the ethnet led I had to unplug the ethernet cable, since when it was plugged, the ethernet icon was always on, regardless the command given with the echo.

Good job :)

darioml  GDPR-2  Tim_Taylor

From the attached Android DTB, it looks like the GPIO pins are different, so the X92 DTB will not work for the display on the Veroke.

I adjusted the values according to the zip you attached, hopefully it'll work now, please try this DTB.

Great!! Thank you! :)

It works perfectly for the Vorke Z6 (S912). It is quite impressive how fast you dealt with this. I hope everyone with a box with an LCD can make it work in LE. :thumbup:

Hi!

I have just tried the following builds from adamg in a Vorke Z6 S912 box:

I installed the Add-on->Service->FD628 Display, but the LCD remains in "boot" the whole time.

I ran your test_lcd.sh without any error, but no change in the LCD. (BTW, give eXecutable permission to the FD628Service file in the zip). After a while I stopped it.

dmesg shows the following:

Here is the content of the /proc/device_tree/fd628_dev in Android. I cannot find the dtb file. Where can it be? The /boot folder is empty.

Thanks for your efforts :)

[...] the main sticking point is that Team Kodi plan to introduce changes in Kodi v19 possibly that would remove all of the current hacks and workarounds that make Amlogic work at present and therefore will make Amlogic devices incompatible with LE/Kodi in the future.

What are those changes? Could you give us an advance? In the past, they removed support for some tricky hardware, but the efforts from the community of developers behind Amlogic to merge all of this must be presented, not as signs of trickiness, but as effective support...

I hope you change your mind and go on collaborating with the rest to fight back and make this come true! :)