LED (VFD) Displays in LibreELEC

• I'm not sure why it auto updates to the wrong version. The driver is still very much a work in progress, and there was a big change made to it after 8.90.6, which prevents the older addon from working.

You can keep updates disabled for now, there won't be any more updates to it on the official LE repo.

Hi.

I have updated my Vorke z6 to CoreElec 8.90.0.

The FD628 Display service version 1.1.100 in CoreELEC Add-ons 9.0.0 repository is still working wrong. The only way to make my display work properly, showing all the symbols, is by installing the version 1.1 you pointed me.

Cheers.

• Hi.

I have updated my Vorke z6 to CoreElec 8.90.0.

The FD628 Display service version 1.1.100 in CoreELEC Add-ons 9.0.0 repository is still working wrong. The only way to make my display work properly, showing all the symbols, is by installing the version 1.1 you pointed me.

Cheers.

Uninstall the add-on and make sure your addons/packages folder is empty before reinstalling otherwise your box will reinstall the cached old version.

• darioml Can you attach the fd628.service folder in the 'Addons' folder so I can take a look?

The one that's installed from the repo, that is.

Hi.

I uninstalled the one in version 1.1 and installed the 1.1.100 available in CoreELEC repo. This is the service.fd628 folder in Addons. This one does not show all symbols.

Now, I will delete two files in packages folder related to this add-on, as GDPR-2 says: service.fd628-1.0.100.zip and service.fd628-1.1.100.zip.

• Uninstall the add-on and make sure your addons/packages folder is empty before reinstalling otherwise your box will reinstall the cached old version.

I have just deleted these two files in addons/packages folder:

service.fd628-1.0.100.zip

service.fd628-1.1.100.zip

I tried to install it from the CoreELEC repo and says Installation failed. Then, this is the zip which appears in addons/packages:

service.fd628-1.1.100.zip

Any clue? Thanks!!

• Strange. Either way glad you got this sorted. A reboot fixes everything :)

I think we know why the automatic update hasn't worked correctly for users who already had the old version installed.

• Jenica13 Nope, the DTB was fine, I confirmed with the one from the firmware.

I have seen several boxes now that use the same method to drive the display.

The driver is baked into the kernel, and the pin configurations are hard-coded, so there's no way to get that information without some extensive reverse engineering.

• Jenica13 Nope, the DTB was fine, I confirmed with the one from the firmware.

I have seen several boxes now that use the same method to drive the display.

The driver is baked into the kernel, and the pin configurations are hard-coded, so there's no way to get that information without some extensive reverse engineering.

ok ,thank you for trying,and helping the community. Have a nice evening!

• Just thought I'd bring this thread out of the depth with a little update.

In the next release of CE, a new and practically rewritten from scratch vfd driver will be included.

This time there's support for more controllers and communication protocols.

It will add support for HD47780 LCD driver, so users who have boards such as KVIM2 or LePotato will be able to hook up a LCD to their device and get it to display a clock, and more information in the future.

This is a gallery of my modded box powering a 20x4 character display :)

https://imgur.com/a/yzo9j

• Hey, this is great work! I am just wondering - since I have it activated now, if there is a way to take it away from 24HR time to 12HR time. Is there a way to do this in the config file? Or Command Line?

CoreELEC (official): 8.90.1 (S905.arm)

• PDXUser Not in the current version. But there won't be any AM/PM indicator on the display (not that it's really necessary, just saying).

I'll look into adding that capability in the next (or after the next) release.