[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Love this update. As was the only was could get the samba shares working on windows 10.

I'm a little slow since there is no rc.local how can I make the blue led stop flashing like the heartbeat every reboot?

Thanks

• When playing music, my speakers overdrive in the high-pitched range as soon as the Minix Neo U1 player is set to maximum volume. I did not have the problem before the current firmware update.

• ssh login to LibreELEC then

echo "echo none > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger" >> /storage/.config/autostart.sh

kszaq might want to put that permanently into platform_init ;)

Hi wrxtasy ,

do you know whether something similar is possible for devices that have a front panel which would show the time when booted with Android? The problem there is, that you cannot tell whether they are running, since nothing shows up on the panels. On those devices, there is no /sys/class/leds, which was the first thing I checked after my experience with old Dockstars and other Sheeva-/Pogoplug devices :(

• The problem there is, that you cannot tell whether they are running, since nothing shows up on the panels.

Surely, you would know they're running because they work?

I have some boxes that have no led (anymore). If no picture comes on (which hasn't happened to date), I would know they are not running.

Hasn't really been a problem so far.

• Ordered a s905x and got a s905w (p281) thank GOD it boots from USB so can use it but would like to install to internal. I am guessing would just need proper device tree? Any chance down the road ???

• Surely, you would know they're running because they work?

I have some boxes that have no led (anymore). If no picture comes on (which hasn't happened to date), I would know they are not running.

Hasn't really been a problem so far.

Sorry for not making myself clear :blush:: what I meant to say is that there is no way to tell whether they are completely powered off (no LED if available), in Standby (red LED) or running (blue LED), where in the latter case I assume the TV/monitor is switched off. So, I am wondering whether anyone knows a way to make something light up on the front panel if that is what the box features.

This is relevant for a use case where you might run the box 24/7 also or even mainly as a VDR. Then, if, like me, you are a real "Serienjunkie", this is what you might want.:/

• I have audio issues with version 8.2.1.1. When playing FLAC Audio Files, there is a scratch in the tweeter. Even with films without DTS or DTS-HD encoding, this problem occurs.

It is a Minix Neo U1 player. The AVR is a Marantz SR7010. Does anyone else have this problem?

• I have audio issues with version 8.2.1.1. When playing FLAC Audio Files, there is a scratch in the tweeter. Even with films without DTS or DTS-HD encoding, this problem occurs.

It is a Minix Neo U1 player. The AVR is a Marantz SR7010. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am running this on two boxes, I can't say I've noticed it. Have you got a sample to test?

• Ordered a s905x and got a s905w (p281) thank GOD it boots from USB so can use it but would like to install to internal. I am guessing would just need proper device tree? Any chance down the road ???

You might want to hold off on that, actually. Before you do, test whether you can watch video or even LiveTV without getting all kinds of red artefacts in your picture. That was a problem I had and it could well be related to the fact that currently with the builds we cannot force RGB mode. If that is not an issue for you, just do as eugene2878 said, Maybe test first whether you see an entry system when you do an ls /dev, as otherwise it means that your NAND is not recognized and you cannot install to internal (where the build with the _nand-suffix might help you, at least it did for me in one case but not in another).

• LOL .. I am not that new ... but thanks -- system directory not found -- It's not a priority, was asking if down the road there may be a proper device teree or whatever is needed. Runs fine off SD card.

As I said before, you might try the build (not the device tree) with the _nand suffix (worked for me on one occasion, but not on another)

• LOL .. I am not that new ... but thanks -- system directory not found -- It's not a priority, was asking if down the road there may be a proper device teree or whatever is needed. Runs fine off SD card.

Well. You can compare your Android dtb with the one you are using for LE. You need

Code
    sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler
    Code
    dtc -I dtb your_LE_dtb.dtb -O dts -o your_LE_dtb.dts

and bcompare program or similar.

• Thanks for the info, not sure what you mean by try the build with _nand suffix. I know the device tree can have _nand suffix but haven't seen a build with it? Lost me there. But running off SD card is fine for now.