[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi, I just installed this on my A95X. Everything is working without issue except for some reason, when I try to install 'RTMP Input' and 'InputStream Adaptive' video player InputStream addons, I get "Installation Failed". It wasn't a problem on previous builds. Any ideas?

Please wait a bit, addon site is being moved to a different hosting.

• Hi guys

I'm running into problems to make network connection work, cable or wireless. Both method keeps waiting dhcp forever (I've tested it in two different network with different params ie netmask and so). Stactic config, also, doesn't connect. The player I'm using is from Hungsung, 1G/8G/S905. All the other peripheals seems to work fine. I've tested all the dtb files avaialable at Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905.

Please could you give some advice on how to test it further?

Also wireless is able to detect available networks and cable shows correctly when I plug or unplug rj45 connector.

Good point:), I will give it a try later

Using an external USB/network dongle works flawlessly, but using the on board ethernet doesn't work (same for wireless)

Any help will be welcome:/

• Using an external USB/network dongle works flawlessly, but using the on board ethernet doesn't work (same for wireless)

Any help will be welcome:/

Either the NIC is faulty,

or, most likely, there is no proper firmware for it, yet.

Provide us with the output of these commands, for start:

Code
    dmesg | paste
    ifconfig -a
    iwconfig
    ethtool eth0
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
  • Either the NIC is faulty,

or, most likely, there is no proper firmware for it, yet.

Provide us with the output of these commands, for start:

Code
    dmesg | paste
    ifconfig -a
    iwconfig
    ethtool eth0
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Thank you ChimeyJimmey

About the NIC faulty... it works using Android

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste
    http://sprunge.us/HgVR
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # iwconfig
    -sh: iwconfig: not found
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DRIVER=rtl8189es
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v024Cd8179
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=024C:8179
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

I've take a look to the @szaq git and, if you give some advices, I could try to generate the image with the proper drivers. BTW, the image building process is started with a command like this "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image"?

Edited once, last by sergiosmail (November 28, 2017 at 9:42 PM).

• Thank you very much, kszaq !

Now, the reason I was anxious to test was the problem with Sundtek-Sticks described here. Are you aware of this? Because I have the exact same issue with my Sundtek Media TV Home/Pro Sticks, which is quite annoying. Fortunately, the cheap XBOX ONE tuner works with your build, so I can test with that, but it has nowhere near the quality of the Sundteks. And, since those are "sunk cost", I would very much like to be able to use them with the China-Boxes ...

If you want, we can take this up further in the linked thread and I would be happy to provide any information you might want.

• Selectaa static config already test it. Doesn't work

So then the problem isn't DHCP related, but basic connectivity. I'd try a USB NIC if you can get your hands on one, just to confirm that it works then. You should also try with a different cable and check that nothing is stuck in the LAN port of your device.

• Thank you very much, kszaq !

Now, the reason I was anxious to test was the problem with Sundtek-Sticks described here. Are you aware of this? Because I have the exact same issue with my Sundtek Media TV Home/Pro Sticks, which is quite annoying. Fortunately, the cheap XBOX ONE tuner works with your build, so I can test with that, but it has nowhere near the quality of the Sundteks. And, since those are "sunk cost", I would very much like to be able to use them with the China-Boxes ...

If you want, we can take this up further in the linked thread and I would be happy to provide any information you might want.

Please open a separate thread and attach logs.

• Hi guys

I'm running into problems to make network connection work, cable or wireless. Both method keeps waiting dhcp forever (I've tested it in two different network with different params ie netmask and so). Stactic config, also, doesn't connect. The player I'm using is from Hungsung, 1G/8G/S905. All the other peripheals seems to work fine. I've tested all the dtb files avaialable at Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905.

Please could you give some advice on how to test it further?

Also wireless is able to detect available networks and cable shows correctly when I plug or unplug rj45 cconnector.

I had similar problem.

Set static IP in Windows. Create login and password (you can set automatic login later)

In LE change DHCP to manual.

Now manually add SMB Location (enter Windows IP you set and login / password you created).

Done.

Shares will be visible.

• So then the problem isn't DHCP related, but basic connectivity. I'd try a USB NIC if you can get your hands on one, just to confirm that it works then. You should also try with a different cable and check that nothing is stuck in the LAN port of your device.

Selectaa as said before USB network adapter already tested and working flawlessly. I think that the best bet is what ChimeyJimmey said in his post. I'm waiting for his indications.