Posts by sergiosmail

Hi folks,

I've been using Libreelec for some weeks. Last day MXQ pro S905 box hangs and now it doesn't work any more.

As I can't boot in to the OS, I've attached some cables to the internal serial port (my board is MXQ-S905-D16 DATE:151021).

Looking at the uboot it seems that doesn't recognize the eMMC modules (it makes sense because the boot process doesn't show the logo image). Also If I run a "saveenv" command it shows "MMC init failed". Same process on other board shows "Writing to MMC(1)... done"

Any help, or any thought about how to debug further this issue?

Regards,

Sergios

Hi kszaq

Please, could you take a look to this thread?

Basically I updated my 3 units of MXQ with the LE 8.2, and, all the functions work except Wifi and cable network. The behaviour is very estrange because wireless detect my wifi but doesn't obtain a dhcp address, and cable interface shows when I (un)plug RJ45 from base connector. If I configure it as static, simply, it doesn't have connection (tested with all dtb files s905 1G 8G). Even I've tested a usb/network adapter and works (as expected).

Thanks

So then the problem isn't DHCP related, but basic connectivity. I'd try a USB NIC if you can get your hands on one, just to confirm that it works then. You should also try with a different cable and check that nothing is stuck in the LAN port of your device.

Selectaa as said before USB network adapter already tested and working flawlessly. I think that the best bet is what ChimeyJimmey said in his post. I'm waiting for his indications.

Either the NIC is faulty,

or, most likely, there is no proper firmware for it, yet.

Provide us with the output of these commands, for start:

Code
    dmesg | paste
    ifconfig -a
    iwconfig
    ethtool eth0
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Thank you ChimeyJimmey

About the NIC faulty... it works using Android

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste
    http://sprunge.us/HgVR
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # iwconfig
    -sh: iwconfig: not found
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
    P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
    E: DRIVER=rtl8189es
    E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v024Cd8179
    E: SDIO_CLASS=07
    E: SDIO_ID=024C:8179
    E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

I've take a look to the @szaq git and, if you give some advices, I could try to generate the image with the proper drivers. BTW, the image building process is started with a command like this "PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image"?

Hi guys

I'm running into problems to make network connection work, cable or wireless. Both method keeps waiting dhcp forever (I've tested it in two different network with different params ie netmask and so). Stactic config, also, doesn't connect. The player I'm using is from Hungsung, 1G/8G/S905. All the other peripheals seems to work fine. I've tested all the dtb files avaialable at Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905.

Please could you give some advice on how to test it further?

Also wireless is able to detect available networks and cable shows correctly when I plug or unplug rj45 connector.

Good point:), I will give it a try later

Using an external USB/network dongle works flawlessly, but using the on board ethernet doesn't work (same for wireless)

Any help will be welcome:/

Hi guys

I'm running into problems to make network connection work, cable or wireless. Both method keeps waiting dhcp forever (I've tested it in two different network with different params ie netmask and so). Stactic config, also, doesn't connect. The player I'm using is from Hungsung, 1G/8G/S905. All the other peripheals seems to work fine. I've tested all the dtb files avaialable at Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905.

Please could you give some advice on how to test it further?

Also wireless is able to detect available networks and cable shows correctly when I plug or unplug rj45 connector.