[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Yes, thx for info :) I already saw that and just waiting for my box to arrive.

I also merged code from Gendo and kszaq repo and build my own version available here:

Release Libreelec S905 18 Leia - Build date: 14-09-2017 · gorpet/libreelec-S905 · GitHub - thx Gendo and kszaq. I didn't publish it because I can't test it yet...

Just let you know, I downloaded and tested your build on a Mini MXIII II (S905x 2G/8G) and it's working properly. I couldn't tell the different between your build and Gendo's build, which is running on a Mini M8S II (also S905x device). As you provided img.gz file, I just decompressed it with 7-zip and copied 6 files (except dtb.img) to the microSD card. Therefore, skin (Estuary MOD v2.7.6), library, addons (tvheadend and Netflix), everything was already there. Not only did I tested video playback, but also Live TV and Netflix.

Thanks for sharing.

• What's the point? Current TV's have 10 bit panels and only Dolby Vision can support up to 12 bit, but DV is not supported on these android boxes. Mine isn't anyway, I've tried DV demos on my TV, they run in DV but on my memobox T95N it just 'plays'.

Du you have a link to some DV demos?

• Why don't you simply believe it? :)
    If I change something (like 444,12bit) then instantly no picture on my tv. So it definitely does something.

If you don't get a picture with 444, 12 then your TV don't support it.

if you log on to your box with ssh and type:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

You should see what the settings are.

• Just let you know, I downloaded and tested your build on a Mini MXIII II (S905x 2G/8G) and it's working properly. I couldn't tell the different between your build and Gendo's build, which is running on a Mini M8S II (also S905x device). As you provided img.gz file, I just decompressed it with 7-zip and copied 6 files (except dtb.img) to the microSD card. Therefore, skin (Estuary MOD v2.7.6), library, addons (tvheadend and Netflix), everything was already there. Not only did I tested video playback, but also Live TV and Netflix.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for checking out! In my build you should have kszaq changes from 8.1.7 build:

• added SSV6051 driver (still a little bit experimental)
    • improve exFat performance by using kernel module instead of fuse (thanks to escalade)
    • led_sys is now a kernel module (should fix improper LED colour on some devices)
    • cleaned up kernel config a bit
    • added a kernel patch to enable autorepeat for all HID devices (thanks to vevsvpeter)
    • added some button mappings for Xiaomi BT remote (thanks wrxtasy)
    • suspend/sleep can now be enabled if it works for you (howto)

merged with latest Gendo changes from his thread.

• Why don't you simply believe it? :)
    If I change something (like 444,12bit) then instantly no picture on my tv. So it definitely does something.

LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

444,12bit

Now I am a believer ;)

And everyrhing plays OK! My TV is a Philips 58PFL9955H/12 a bit older already, but hey it still plays everything I throw at it

Thanks 2re

• If you don't get a picture with 444, 12 then your TV don't support it.

if you log on to your box with ssh and type:

cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

You should see what the settings are.

I know that, it list 6 or 7 supported modes but only 420,8bit and rgb works.

422 gives a green only picture, 444 gives no hdmi signal

• Hi,

I had already libreelec running on my Nexbox A95X.

So I copied the tar file from here and dropped it in the update folder.

I rebooted, and I got the 'updating' messages (md5 checksum OK etc..).

The box rebooted, but now is stuck at the boot screen (Nexbox A95 logo).

In Raspberry pi a tar file was used for updates.

But I see here that the img.gz file is being used.

How do I solve this ? Thank you!

• Hello,

I have a little problem with my S905X: I use to power off the TV when I push the power key in the remote. The problem is that every time I power on the TV and want to play LiveTV or a Video it doesn't work. And I need to unplug and plug the power cord.

Once it reboot it work great. Anyone have same problem?

My device is Mini M8S II.

Kind regards.

• Hello,

I have a little problem with my S905X: I use to power off the TV when I push the power key in the remote. The problem is that every time I power on the TV and want to play LiveTV or a Video it doesn't work. And I need to unplug and plug the power cord.

Once it reboot it work great. Anyone have same problem?

My device is Mini M8S II.

Kind regards.

Are you using hdmi-cec and suspend? If yes try to disable it or instead of choosing suspend, select shutdown

• Hi 8.1.7 works great on my x96 box and mini m8s II. I use 16gb micro sd cards with my own build. I have some faster 32gb cards that I want to use. What is the easiest way to copy the 16gb card to the 32gb card so that I can use the full size of the card? I know I can backup the 16gb card with windiskimager and write it to the 32gb card, but than I can not use the full size of the card (only 16gb).