[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Ray just go to #1

And install the addon.

Forget about defending yourself under Thai Law in this forum.

It's fair enough for Admins pulling you up on this forum as the heat on Piracy is red hot on Kodi.

Don't take it personally mate. :)

Thanks Kostaman Yep I know it is red hot re piracy but I honesty did not know those IPTV links were piracy as seen so many here talk of connection to IPTV services so my bad if so. Would love to know a legal way then to watch UK TV as I am really willing to pay for a legal internet service as I really do need my UK TV service here reliably and legally too.

Thanks for your installing VPN help too. In the circumstances I may not now use any VPN as I have no concern as to privacy wearing my heart and being on my proverbial sleeve. I am told there is an IPTV service in Android that is spposed to be fully legal adn no need for anyh VPN becuase of thet as they pay the necessary dues to the UK TV companies they claim. Obviously I wont name it just in case. It would be really helpful if the BBC and ITV licensed theri service to Expats over the Internet on a fully legal incrypted internet service at a suitable reaslitic price like say a quarter of the UK license fee for the clearly reduced service would help Expats and UK Tourists too and woudl raise revenue for the BBC. Just an idea nbuit maybe wrong section here for that.

Anyway Chewitt I apologies for the problems I have inadvertently caused and will be more careful in future and keep my KODI system clean. I broke the forum rules but certainly not knowingly or deliberately as I genuinely thought my IPTV service was legal being so widely used worldwide and recommended to me by so many. Thanks for your detailed reply too and yes I do fully understand the reasoning behind these rules. I love this forum and why like you I have been around with KODI and before XBMC for about 8 years too. I am also an Expat for a long time now, in fact over15 years living here in my retirement. Anyway back to business and away from my ill fated digression. Once again a sincere apology to you and any others I may have unintentionally offended here.

• Would love to know a legal way then to watch UK TV as I am really willing to pay for a legal internet service as I really do need my UK TV service here reliably and legally too.

There is no legal way of watching BBC One/BBC Two/ITV/C4/C5 outside of the UK apart from the cable companies in Benelux, Switzerland etc. who have a formal agreement with UK broadcasters to retransmit their services. (Unless you are a member of UK armed forces...)

The BBC only negotiate UK and Ireland Public Service Rights for content they broadcast - be that bought-in or co-produced shows, shows they commission from independent production companies (which is most BBC drama these days), and music, archive, stills, talent etc. they include in their own productions. A key element to this is 'Public Service'. Once the BBC start selling content commercially, the rules change radically... (Their Public Service Rights contracts include a small clause that allows for small-scale Benelux/Switzerland 'cable rights') It is totally against the contracts the BBC have signed to make their content available outside the UK - in fact it is now incumbent on the BBC to mitigate illegal viewing I believe (by blocking commercial VPN providers)

The BBC negotiate separate deals on content to allow their shows to be re-sold (in some cases re-editing them to remove music, stills, archive they can't afford to commercially licence) overseas or on their non-UK commercial channels (BBC Brit, BBC Knowledge, BBC Entertainment etc.)

Implementing an internationally iPlayer that the BBC can legally operate is a non-trivial task, and would cost a significant amount of money. The experimental International iPlayer service (I think it ran in Australia) wasn't a success...

Deeply dull - but if you have an IPTV service available outside the UK offering you BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, C4 or C5 - it's very likely to be an illegal service...

• Hi everyone!

I tried all the available P212 1gb dtb images and none worked, my box displays the A905X boot logo then a black screen and stays there.

Tried leaving it there for 30 minutes, 1 hour and nothing.

This box is finicky, as I cant get other roms to work either. I can only get the stock image and a stripped version of it to work.

I did a cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id and the result was:

gxl_p212_1g

But the corresponding included dtb file doesnt work.

Then I dumped my dtb.img using dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

The resulting file has 256kb instead of the 40kb ish of the included ones, tho. I tested the extracted dtb.img file, but it doesn’t work either.

I don’t even get a black screen, it freezes on the A905X blue logo.

I tried splitting the dtb with the script found here:

[S905] Device trees

It resulted in 3 files, I tested all 3 and same result, it freezes on the A905X Screen.

I'm attaching the files I dumped if anyone could take a look and help, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

• What chip is in this unknown mystery box ???

It may have an s905w chip or s905x chip .

Or maybe s905 ??

Let's get some more info.

You tried the gxl_p212_1g_tx3mini.dtb ????

Thanks for the help!

Its a S905x, I did try this dtb but it gives me the black screen after the S905X logo.

• There is no legal way of watching BBC One/BBC Two/ITV/C4/C5 outside of the UK apart from the cable companies in Benelux, Switzerland etc. who have a formal agreement with UK broadcasters to retransmit their services. (Unless you are a member of UK armed forces...)

The BBC only negotiate UK and Ireland Public Service Rights for content they broadcast - be that bought-in or co-produced shows, shows they commission from independent production companies (which is most BBC drama these days), and music, archive, stills, talent etc. they include in their own productions. A key element to this is 'Public Service'. Once the BBC start selling content commercially, the rules change radically... (Their Public Service Rights contracts include a small clause that allows for small-scale Benelux/Switzerland 'cable rights') It is totally against the contracts the BBC have signed to make their content available outside the UK - in fact it is now incumbent on the BBC to mitigate illegal viewing I believe (by blocking commercial VPN providers)

The BBC negotiate separate deals on content to allow their shows to be re-sold (in some cases re-editing them to remove music, stills, archive they can't afford to commercially licence) overseas or on their non-UK commercial channels (BBC Brit, BBC Knowledge, BBC Entertainment etc.)

Implementing an internationally iPlayer that the BBC can legally operate is a non-trivial task, and would cost a significant amount of money. The experimental International iPlayer service (I think it ran in Australia) wasn't a success...

Deeply dull - but if you have an IPTV service available outside the UK offering you BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, C4 or C5 - it's very likely to be an illegal service...

Sorry if this has been posted twice but it was still here as a draft and not appeared posted.

Thanks noggin for your input. Yes I knew much of this but some services on Android (not KODI) say they are 100% legal even so, clearly they must be lying but they do this openly on many internet sites with adverts. Anway this is all it seems caused by excessive greed that causes the problems. All I want to see happen to save all this unnecessary nonsense and keep it all legal is that the UK TV companies simply ensure their licenses for material they buy covers the use for licensed UK expats viewing using a subscription encrytped internet service, like an internet only TV license for UK ExPat users then beign able to simply and legally watch their home TV. Technically it is superbly possible today. Without that availability then what happens so much today is hardly surprising I feel and should be so unnecessary too with a little effort to demand that they secure suitable licenses when they buy content. Surely many shows are actually produced by the BBC and other UK TV broadcasters themselves so with those they surely make their own licensing rules.

Just looking for a future where we have a better World and good much needed legal use of the excellent KODI system to have a legal home UK TV service via an exncrypted service to a legal KODI addon. I am trying to be positive here and look for answers not to encourage any form of piracy which most folk truly prefer to avoid and do look for a legal alternatives which should be available. I was just unaware that some of the popular IPTV services so well openly advertised and it seems well supported were in fact somehow illegal. One well known one available on Android ( I dare not name it here just in case it is banned and I break understandable forum rules ) do openly advertise on many public open reputed websites stating that they supply legally available UK TV for Expats on Android, and also even on big manufacturer named Smart TV apps too would you believe. So most folk would from that do assume rightly or wrongly that they are watching legally even though as you say they may well not be. That is pretty naughty if so and folk should be careful and made fully aware.

As for me well my ISP have been in and found my streaming problems as they had a bad international routing link when they monitored my traffic and have corrected it. Specifically they did not consider the KODI IPTV service or that Android app I referred to above, as illegal sites BTW as I asked then out of interest to see what they would say. I do all I can to keep my KODI system clean of course but it can be a minefiled for many folk.

Just useful information that many here should find useful with many thanks to noggin's good input, so apologies if it took up valuable space here for those that already knew all this already.

• Hi, new here, bought a meecool m8s pro+ (new ver. s905W and bt voice remote) and installed LE 8.2.3.1 with gxl_p212_2g device tree on it.

I know wifi chip will never work on this device but Is there any way to make the default remote work? I did copy the remote.conf from android's "etc" folder, didn't worked, tried the m8s+ one from remote.conf repository didn't worked neither. Is there a way to make this remote work?

• Hi,

I have a X96 (Chip S905x mit 2GB und 16 GB) and LibreELEC 8.2.3.1. The box is working great with LE. But the internal remote is not working. When I type inside the terminal "ir-keytable" I get this error:

"/sys/class/rc/: No such file or Directory". It's my understand that inside this directory should be the drivers.

I have used the device tree "gxl_p212_2g" that is linked in the first thread. Someone an idea?

• Just friendly notice for all users who was happy with kszaq's build and missed his releases badly. I had hard time with the continued LE releases ie. 8.2.4.1 reboots the box when 4k video was opened etc... I have switched to coreelec and cannot be happier. Great support, releases with splendid changelogs, no more test1, test2, 1000nits gamble. K1 plus combo working great with tuner, no more headaches with LE. I really encourage you to switch.

• Just friendly notice for all users who was happy with kszaq's build and missed his releases badly. I had hard time with the continued LE releases ie. 8.2.4.1 reboots the box when 4k video was opened etc... I have switched to coreelec and cannot be happier. Great support, releases with splendid changelogs, no more test1, test2, 1000nits gamble. K1 plus combo working great with tuner, no more headaches with LE. I really encourage you to switch.

Where to get coreelec compiled image?

• Hi,

I have already tried CoreELEC for several weeks. But CE has a great issue for me. I also want to use the tv box for live-tv. I have a Windows 7 htpc with mediaportal tv server software 1.17. The tv box with mediaportal pvr client addon. Now when I use live-tv with a HD channel (ARD HD, ZDF HD, MDR HD e.g.) I have buffering problems (buffering symbol on the tv screen and audio goes away). It's my understanding that this issue is related to the new Kodi video player (problems with deinterlacing). People with other tv backends (Argus TV, tvheadend) have this issue too.

A few days ago I tested CE 8.95.7. and the issue still exists,