[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Is it streaming sources, local file sharing sources, attached devices or all that you have issues with?

These rates are to and from the box / LE (not just generally speaking) ?

No, that is just a speed test from my router. These are streamed sources I'm having trouble with. Video sources from my NAS all play fine.

• We cannot help with dodgy Kodi addons streaming video from unknown sources. Simply too many variables involved in the video streaming chain that are completely beyond everyone's control.

Complain to the Addon developers.

If local NAS video plays fine that is all we really care about.

• There is only one bad thing I've came across so far. Subtitles causing frame droppings. I know It's not Amlogic specific and as I've read the bug was already reported. The conclusion was here that the Kodi developers don't really care anymore about v17 and AFAIK the bug was fixed in v18.

I would like to add here as well that v18 pre-alpha ( build from afl1) has still the bug with the frame droppings caused by subtitles.

So it was definitely not yet fixed as some stated earlier.

• kszaq just reporting that all is still working fine with LE 8.2.0.1. on my Beelink S905X box and the device tree tests show it is all now set correctly for future device tree free updates.

Also can inform you that I have just received more coffee here now, so enjoy the nice cuppa I have just sent you with many thanks. :)

• asix ax88178 chipset - USB 2.0

Just wanted to chime in on the above ASIX ax88178 chipset.

I don't know much about other USB2Net chipset other than the one listed above. In my tests (a few years back), I found such an ASIX ax881xx chipet (USB2) is of the most superior in the sense it was able to attain a throughput of 80+ Mbps download speed, IIRC. Unfortunately, I don't remember much about the upload speed. I tested this with a PogoPlug Pro configured as a local router/NAS with its stock RJ-45 port connected to a gigabit switch to share with several desktop computers and the RJ-45 port on the USB2Net dongle connected to one of the RJ-45 ports on a broadband router.

I'm using a 100mb Lan, and no Wi-Fi.

What bothers me is if I stop TrueHD Passthrough, my AVR receives AC3, so in theory that should be more demanding for the CPU as it has to decode the Atmos stream.

100 Mb LAN could not be enough for 50 Mbps stream + 5 Mbps HD audio. In most cases this is a network speed issue. Try to play the video from local USB and let us see.

• 100 Mb LAN could not be enough for 50 Mbps stream + 5 Mbps HD audio. In most cases this is a network speed issue. Try to play the video from local USB and let us see.

I've tried from a local source, same issue... I'vre tried bypass the AVR: same issue.

From my understanding the audio choice is made by the box, so the total bandwith of the file is sent to the box who then output the desired audio to the HDMI ouput. So whatever audio output you choose, the input bandwith (from the NAS to the Box) will be the same ?

Didn't have time to do further testing, but I suspect the HDMI cable, like it's struggling to ouput such a high bandwith..

• I've tried from a local source, same issue... I'vre tried bypass the AVR: same issue.

BDRip playing smooth with S905x box from NAS(NFS-mount)

Display Spoiler

File size : 46,7 GiB

Duration : 1 h 41 min

Overall bit rate mode : variabel

Overall bit rate : 65,6 Mb/s

Video

Format : HEVC

Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding

Format profile : Main [email protected]@High

Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC

Bit rate : 58,0 Mb/s

Width : 3 840 Pixel

Height : 2 160 Pixel

Display aspect ratio : 16:9

Frame rate mode : konstant

Frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS

Color space : YUV

Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)

Bit depth : 10 bits

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.292

Stream size : 41,0 GiB (88%)

Writing library : ATEME Titan File 3.7.9 (4.7.9.0)

Default : Ja

Forced : Nein

Color range : Limited

Color primaries : BT.2020

Transfer characteristics : PQ

Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant

MasteringDisplay_ColorPrimaries : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000

MasteringDisplay_Luminance : min: 0.0000 cd/m2, max: 1000.0000 cd/m2

MaxCLL : 1000 cd/m2

MaxFALL : 169 cd/m2

Audio #2

ID : 3

Format : TrueHD

Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD

Codec ID : A_TRUEHD

Bit rate mode : variabel

Bit rate : 4 955 kb/s

Maximum bit rate : 9 456 kb/s