[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• But what if I install TWRP? Is it possible to force reboot in TWRP in case, let's say, I brick the libreelec in nand and then reboot from SD?

I'm not sure why some feel the need to install to internal, as LE works flawlessly from SD / USB without any risk of bricking anything (and also leaving the original Android OS available as an option). There is no noticeable degradation of speed and the extra cost of a USB / SD media is negligible.

However, to each his own, and if your choice is internal memory then the following facts have been repeated several times throughout these Amlogic build LE forums;

You cannot install TWRP if you install to internal.

Provided that the box is able to boot from SD you can use TWRP by placing the correct TWRP image (renamed to recovery.img) and the native Android dtb image on an SD card and then reboot, using toothpick method or issuing reboot recovery command via SSH.

Edited once, last by Poida: Afterthought (August 19, 2017 at 5:18 AM).

• When I boot libreelec from sd, is it in some way possible to use the internal storage for downloading videos or copy videos, music from my pc? Or is it only possible to use the sd card storage?

• Only for 8.1.5 - upload in progress...

Hi Kszaq,

updated on mini-mx 1GB to 8.1.5 with new dtb (gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb) the power led is inverted (red on boot and blue on poweroff

but more than that, it does not shutdown anymore. it always restart, i ve to unplug the plug :)

perhaps not on latest firmware?

• When I boot my box to LibreELEC from SD the remote that came with my box doesn't work, S905x 2GB/16GB.

If I boot box into android the remote does work.

Is there a change/setting I can make to fix this?

Edited once, last by Jeffers (August 19, 2017 at 9:16 AM).

• Is there any key to stop automatic brightness/contrast correction on dark scene?

Isn't this something done by your TV?

How to check wifi chipset via ssh? without opening the box.

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/* then Google for SDIO_ID - there is no way to get WiFi "name". If Google finds nothing, you can paste the result here and ask.

When I boot libreelec from sd, is it in some way possible to use the internal storage for downloading videos or copy videos, music from my pc?

You can use internal storage as your "Data" partition: [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data

or create a script to automatically mount /dev/data somewhere for you to use. Remember that data partition size != internal memory size, other partitions can take a lot of space.

• Hi Kszaq,

updated on mini-mx 1GB to 8.1.5 with new dtb (gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb) the power led is inverted (red on boot and blue on poweroff

but more than that, it does not shutdown anymore. it always restart, i ve to unplug the plug :)

Use Realtek dtb for Mini MX, mine Mini MX was built with Realtek chipset.

• Hi Kszaq,

It's the same on MiniMX. In 8.1.4, it works correctly.

• - revert all RGB-related changes (this needs to be investigated further)

why? it has been fixed fine...now I have again purple picture on monitor :(

It's been reported that it does not work. Try this: echo "rgb,8bit" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr