[TESTING][S905(X)] 10bit/HDR/Dithering Test Builds & Discussion

• johngalt

In testing v.7 S905 netflix addon latest version couldn't be loaded, one/some dependencies were missing. Downgrading to version xxx.13 solved the issue. Keep building, pls.!

• Hi john.. :)

Any revelations regarding the vertical lines in 2160p?
    Is there even any hope of fixing this?

I remember last time you said that you don't have a clue where it is coming from...
    I just thought I'd ask, maybe you (or someone else) had an idea of how to fix this. :)

As far as I see it, those lines are the only thing keeping the S905X from being the perfect UHD playback device.

• Some feedback on 9.0.0.testing7

My installation is an SQL installation. S905x device (T6). testing6 worked nicely. With testing7 I lost network access. I couldn't access the device from another computer via Samba, either.

I removed the SD card with LibreElec temporarily and accessed it directly from another computer to copy the downgrade. I noticed that there was an .smb folder with a samba.conf file where all the browsing options were disabled (master, preferred, local). Not sure if that conf file was placed there as a result of something I'd configured, but my own files are usually placed under configfiles.

I deleted the suspicious file, downgraded and everything started working again. Not much more info from this windows guy, I'm afraid. Hope it still helps a bit.

• Hi could anybody tell me how to run the 10bit output command, and how to set it to run automatically so it's always 10bit output? I'm using a mecool m8s pro 3gb 32gb booting 8.1.1 from sd card. My computer is windows 10

Tv is panasonic dx902b 10bit

Thanks!

• Hi could anybody tell me how to run the 10bit output command, and how to set it to run automatically so it's always 10bit output? I'm using a mecool m8s pro 3gb 32gb booting 8.1.1 from sd card. My computer is windows 10

Tv is panasonic dx902b 10bit

Thanks!

is that a s912?? I wonder whether the command works on s912. And if it works how can you tell that you're running HDR in Kodi?

• is that a s912?? I wonder whether the command works on s912. And if it works how can you tell that you're running HDR in Kodi?

yeah it's s912.. my tv tells you in the top left corner for a couple of seconds if it's hdr or not when the resolution switches. I'm not sure how you would be able to tell otherwise

• Why do I get really jerky playback on a file like this? I don't see any reason why it would cause a choppy playback issue, it skips like every 10 seconds and audio playback is fine, video stutters like hell. Also my TV says it doesn't support it either for some reason which I find really weird (Samsung KS8000).

It plays fine on my PC so it's not an issue in the file itself. Any other HEVC file I play works fine.

Video: HVC1 1920x1080 23.976fps [V: hevc main, yuv420p, 1920x1080 [default]]

Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo [A: Japanese Stereo [jpn] (aac lc, 44100 Hz, stereo) [default]]

dae54abe0e.png

• Greetings,

I found the Mecool K1 Pro, a nice device.

I set this image up, but the TVHeadend inside the repo recognizes the tuner only as DVB-T.

How can I fix it?

Or what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards...

• yeah it's s912.. my tv tells you in the top left corner for a couple of seconds if it's hdr or not when the resolution switches. I'm not sure how you would be able to tell otherwise

Damn. My Sony says 2160p. I've enabled HDR in Sony settings. How the hell can I find out whether I am running 10 bit or not??

"

LibreELEC:~ # fw_printenv hdmimode

hdmimode=2160p60hz420"

not sure if that has anything to do with it. Please help :)

• Where can i find a correct device tree for a S905 (not -D or -X) device? The link in the startpost points to device_trees but that site gives a 404.

I tried ones from the 8.0 and 8.2 folder, but didn't got any image unfortunately. I have a box with 1G RAM, 100M Ethernet, Realtek wifi.

I already got 8.x running on this box, but would love to get 9.x running, so that i can try the Netflix plugin.

• Where can i find a correct device tree for a S905 (not -D or -X) device? The link in the startpost points to device_trees but that site gives a 404.

I tried ones from the 8.0 and 8.2 folder, but didn't got any image unfortunately. I have a box with 1G RAM, 100M Ethernet, Realtek wifi.

I already got 8.x running on this box, but would love to get 9.x running, so that i can try the Netflix plugin.

Use kszaq device tree for 8.2 Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905/.