New Forum Software

• yes this this already known, this will be reduced soonish (due multible ppl involved with different time-windows we need to get the ball rolling - even a bit unfinished) - the current style is basically the default wbb style with changed colors

Thanks for fixing this. The forum looks much better now :)

• Hi, I noticed that when I Ctlr-Click a link in a post to for example an image or pastbin, the warning page "You are leaving now LibreELEC Forum." is displayed while Ctrl-clicking a link in post implies that the link could be directly opened in a new tab in stead of displaying the warning page first.

• not too sure what are you see or maybe I misunderstand your problem

There used to be list of page links in the list of threads, allowing us to go directly to the last page of a thread (& indicating how many pages a thread has).

EG. Kodi Forums:

aJ1Vgj6.png

LE Forums: (The red box is where I'd imagine the pages list should be)

http://i.imgur.com/vtNjbGb.png

As you can see I've got the "/?action=firstNew" in the url link and there's still no link to the last post, or anything indicating the # of pages a thread has.

Edit. Really struggling with adding images / adding text that's not hyperlinked after an image too, but that's probably just user error.

Edited 2 times, last by fTdOmen (May 25, 2017 at 1:25 AM).

• Official Post

Edit. Really struggling with adding images / adding text that's not hyperlinked after an image too, but that's probably just user error.

you can just paste the images into the post field, btw you posted an url to imgur not to an image ;)

btw I added imgur inclusion that it translate the urls now (looks like only gallery links)

There used to be list of page links in the list of threads

yes this isn't intended (from the board makers) because "nobody" needs to direct jump to some random page between start and end (tbh I have no explanation to do this at a regular basis)

you have the possibility to:

- jump to the last page (if you click the avatar at the right)

- click at the thread link to jump to the last not seen post

- click at the thread link to jump to the first page if you have already seen all posts

• yes this isn't intended (from the board makers) because "nobody" needs to direct jump to some random page between start and end (tbh I have no explanation to do this at a regular basis)

I can't tell if you meant is intended or isn't intended.

I find the page links useful for:

• Seeing thread activity
    • Quick access to first / last pages of threads (particularly where 1st post gets build updates, but recent posts contain up to date info)

I guess the new shortcuts will provide the similar level of access (though imo it's a little unintuitive), but lacking the ability to jump straight to the first post to see if there's new info provided (a lot of community builders edit the first post with new version info) without first going to the last not seen post in a thread is a waste of time & bandwidth.

Thanks for the info (and the Imgur update) about image posting, that's a nice upgrade!

• The interface is really nice but lack of support in tapatalk really sucks.

Will this change later on? There is a good alternative ?.

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by quitroot (May 25, 2017 at 7:14 AM).

• It all looks very snazzy. :)

On the old forum I had 'new posts' as a shortcut which gave me a list of recently updated posts - whether I'd read them or not. Any chance of reinstating that (and / or 'todays posts', which seemed to work more or less along the same lines but gave more results)? That was ideal for a quick check. The nearest now seems to be 'unread posts'.

Also - currently have 'unread posts' as a shortcut; ;last time I clicked it gave a 'you are not authorized' message - turned out I'd been logged out. Maybe go to a log-in page rather than 'go away' for links like that?

• Official Post

I usually use my VERY OLD Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger I think) using Firefox 3.6.28 (The latest version for Powerpc) and after the upgrade the website was unusable - just a load of text inline.

It must be 15 years old, a PPC 7450 500Mb ram 667Mhz (Most smart phones probably have better specs :blush: )

Upgrading the OS is not possible (Already on the latest version) and can't upgrade Firefox or Safari (All on latest version).

After a bit of searching I found a solution - Install TenFourFox - it works just like Firefox but built for Powerpc and the new website works as expected.8)

• Official Post

On the old forum I had 'new posts' as a shortcut which gave me a list of recently updated posts

You have now "Unread Posts" which shows you everything you haven't seen.

Ofc you will probably never look at all - so you can double klick at the avatars to mark them as read (works at forum hierarchic level too) in the "Unread Posts" view.

If you have too much you can also click here

so you have at each visit only show what you have not seen. If you have written something in a thread you get also a notification that there is a new post - so you "should" never miss some activity.

doesn't look so good on ios 8 safari. works fine with ios 9 safari.

There are several glitches due the layout change from the default theme - i try to fix them if I find them - sadly I guess that bug is ios8 (aka old browser) problem. But likely it get fixed because it is just some padding change.

• You have now "Unread Posts" which shows you everything you haven't seen.

I've already said I'm using that. It's not the same thing.

No problem if you can't / won't supply a 'new posts' link, but 'Unread posts' is definitely not what I'm looking for at all.

• trogggy, what is the difference between "unread posts" and "new posts"?

I can easily see the threads I've already read / posted in. Sometimes I'll want to go back to re-read / edit. If I'm glancing at the list for new stuff since I last visited I'd just look above the last opened / read post.