[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• Your build does not have an IR-Keytable or at least that's what it says on SSH. Also thanks, and sorry for the delay in responding.

• Today i switched from my odroid-c2 with librelec on sdcard (not a specially fast one) to a tanix tx8 max box (3g-32gb), latest kszaq build with the gxm_q200_3g.dtb file, worked at first try booting from usb using the toothpick method :)

Installed directly on internal, i didn't expect such a fast device :| plexkodiconnect sync is insanely fast and no lag whatsoever (that i had with the c2 on sdcard).

Everything works: wifi ac, gigabit, cec, refresh sync, audio, very pleased (only bt isn't working i think).

i can reccomend this s912 box for sure.

• Hi,

I have a X92 and running LE from SD card. Most functions works well, but wondering if someone can help with a HDMI/output issue.

When I turn on the box after power is pulled, it will start up nicely, and the TV input will sense the signal (HDMI) from the box and show the LE interaface. But when i power the box down, and then power it back up, the box goes on, but the TV is not sensing the HDMI output as the TV is blank looking for input. I know the box is on, as i can hit remote and hear the movement. Only way to get signal back is to pull the power, or pull the HDMI cable and put it back in.

I have a S905 box with same Krypton 17.6 version, and that does sense each time it powers back on (and goes to that input).

Any ideas? Thank you.

• Hi,

I have a X92 and running LE from SD card. Most functions works well, but wondering if someone can help with a HDMI/output issue.

When I turn on the box after power is pulled, it will start up nicely, and the TV input will sense the signal (HDMI) from the box and show the LE interaface. But when i power the box down, and then power it back up, the box goes on, but the TV is not sensing the HDMI output as the TV is blank looking for input. I know the box is on, as i can hit remote and hear the movement. Only way to get signal back is to pull the power, or pull the HDMI cable and put it back in.

I have a S905 box with same Krypton 17.6 version, and that does sense each time it powers back on (and goes to that input).

Any ideas? Thank you.

You misunderstand how HDMI works, your TV does not sense HDMI output, it listens for the CEC wake up command, it is the box that doesn't send this after waking from standby.

I think the issue is with the bootloader because it works fine on LePotato, put it down to one of the pitfalls of buying a cheap chinese device.

• You misunderstand how HDMI works, your TV does not sense HDMI output, it listens for the CEC wake up command, it is the box that doesn't send this after waking from standby.

I think the issue is with the bootloader because it works fine on LePotato, put it down to one of the pitfalls of buying a cheap chinese device.

Yes, for sure. Thanks for all your work.

Hit or miss, as the other box was much cheaper POS. The X92 does not go into standby but always shuts all the way off, and then boots all the way back up. But same issue i suppose. Will maybe look to flash another firmware to see if that helps.

Thanks

• sabre6 , I have the same box, but doesn't have this problem. Try to switch manually on correct hdmi port before powering on the box and check if it found. And also check the CEC settings

And check the resolution via ssh, may be it wrong

• sabre6 , I have the same box, but doesn't have this problem. Try to switch manually on correct hdmi port before powering on the box and check if it found. And also check the CEC settings

And check the resolution via ssh, may be it wrong

Thanks boot2k3. Yes, i have tried to turn on the TV and go right to that port before i turn on the box. Still no signal. I also went into the input settings / CEC, and played with some things there, like dont send inactive signal... really just trying anything. also moved around HDMI port on the TV. Kodi resolution shows1920x1080 - Tried ...x2160 in Kodi, but no luck. Does check by SSH do the same? could you let me know which code to use to check and change if needed? Thank you

• sabre6 ,

cat /sys/class/display/mode

If it's wrong you can try command bellow and shutdown and test again

fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz fw_setenv outputmode 1080p60hz

Thank you. it shows 1080p60hz. So seems right

I put my S905 box on that TV to see if it still worked, and now the TV no longer puts out that signal after turning off/on the box from remote. So, it must be the TV? I have not changed any settings and CEC boxes are all checked. it is a Roku TV from TCL. always something...

• something wierd is happening on my setup, log should be here http://pastebin.com/nu08VNnS

on the tanix fresh installed (amlogic hw accelleration enabled) there are some issues with some x265 files (with accelleration disabled they work).

i tried some mkv test files from jellyfish (100mbps hevc i think) and they run perfectly, but playing some files i have on my nas it starts (audio works) but video doesnt show up.. i tested randomly over 20 hevc files i have (random episodes) and none of them plays :\

i though that the files were corrupted but then i switched back to the odroid-c2 (same files) and they work just fine.

what could i test? tried the kszaq latest build from here 8.2.2 and adamg latest 8.90.4, same wierd problem.

• For those feeling adventurous, you can ramp up the GPU clock to 792MHz for a bit more GUI snappiness, however chipset temps will increase quite a bit and may overheat and crash S912 devices.

In reality you need good Chipset cooling like the MINIX U1/U9 has:

echo 2 > /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode

Current GPU clock Frequency:

cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

Thank You, it's working with your build, I can OC GPU to 792 with 54C temperature (but RC remote is not working) - Can you fix this?

How can I OC GPU with kszaq build? I tried echo 1-6 with /sys/class/mpgpu/scale_mode and maximum clock speed is only 666.

• I am not sure if this will be a good thing to implement. However, it certainly will come handy when one has some need to manually tweak the GPU clock. All I can say is to be wise in doing so to avoid any mishaps. Good luck all.

• Noise reduction OFF :

Code
     echo 0 > /sys/module/di/parameters/nr2_en

CPU:

Code
     echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
     echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The speed of the GPU only affects the speed of the interface, but it is not however very important. Neither the overclocking of the CPU nor the overclocking of the GPU will not help either for the interface (most likely not if it already slows down), nor for the video.

• Noise reduction:

Code

CPU:

Code
     echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
     echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu4/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The speed of the GPU only affects the speed of the interface, but it is not however very important. Neither the overclocking of the CPU nor the overclocking of the GPU will not help either for the interface (most likely not if it already slows down), nor for the video.

Those latter commands do not overclock the cpu or gpu.

• Those latter commands do not overclock the cpu or gpu.

and which teams are dispersed?

and then how to get it back?

Thank you

Noise reduction OFF :

Code

Thank you

and then how to get it back?

Does this command work or not?

Noise reduction OFF :

Code

is it always necessary to do after a reboot or not?