S905 builds - general discussion

• You can install using the backup and upgrade thats the only way it worked for me but to reboot into recovery with android use adb and type in reboot recovery. Need to be rooted to use ad b.

As for the burning tool no you do not need recover. All i have to do is start the app on my computer load the image and click start, then plug in the usb cable into the box. You don't need power the usb port will power the box during flash.

Oh god...thank you very much :D This procedure seem a little bit unlogical to me. :D But it worked like a charm. I've manage to reinstall some firmware for this device and using "Backup&Recover" install LE. Now I need to check how it works in terms of playing movies. :)

• You can install using the backup and upgrade thats the only way it worked for me but to reboot into recovery with android use adb and type in reboot recovery. Need to be rooted to use ad b.

As for the burning tool no you do not need recover. All i have to do is start the app on my computer load the image and click start, then plug in the usb cable into the box. You don't need power the usb port will power the box during flash.

Does this work in LE? use USB port 4 with USB burning tool and then I can reload Android OS if LE doesn't work as I need it to?

• Does this work in LE? use USB port 4 with USB burning tool and then I can reload Android OS if LE doesn't work as I need it to?

Yes I've bricked my box plently of times and was able to recover with the USB burning tool. This I can say about my MXQ PRO and nothing else but i suspect it will work on all boxes as long as your have the correct firmware.

• Have you manage to do something with this issue?
    I have the same thing on my MXQ Pro Quick Play with 7.0.2.005 build installed on NAND.
    I can't even use KODI in 1080p@50. Only 720p@50. Switching to 1080p makes screen look like from your photo and I have to wait until system restores previous one.
    If I choose video that is in 1080p then it plays in background and there's nothing I can do - no button on remote is working and only thing that can be done is to unplug DC cable. 720p videos works fine.

• Official Post

I seriously doubt ....... but can I use the LE image to upadate the OE , by putting the LE .img in the update folder ( I know you can do LE to LE but not sure if you can do OE to LE )

While I do not recommend to do it. Wait for the output of the adaptive kernel.

• Hi everyone.
    I installed Kszaq's LE image for S905 boxes on a cheap minim8s box and I'm quite pleased with the result.
    With the original android firmware, I would not get usb audio on my bose companion 5.
    Now I have audio, even if with some problem: at times the sound is distorted/crackles, mainly on diaglogues.

But that image solved the constant buffering issues I was getting in tvh while watching TV stream from one of my nases (synology). And I knew the problem was coming from the box, because other devices at home had no trouble playing the streams from the same server.

I installed latest version as of yet, ie 7.0.2.005

I wonder what I can do to trace my audio problem and solve it.
    Maybe it'll work in a next release, but maybe it'll work with some tweaks.
    I tried many combinations of sound/video settings in Kodi, but never pinpointed the problem and/or find a set of settings that work.

The distortion/crackles are not usb related as it also happens when I connect the bose in analog (box->hdmi->TV->analog out), so it has to do with LE sound handling I guess.

• The Amlogic memory management issue is now solved for you guys?
    Maybe, its solved for some s905 boxes / some s905 hw configurations?
    I mean no one mentions it lately, although imho a showstopper issue...

Symptoms (in my case): Memory usage always increasing by a small ammount with every new video play, memory not released after video playback stopped,
    with every new video playback extra memory is added, resulting in freeze after a day or two ( or in an hour or two, depending on how one uses the player.... )

PS ermmm spell chek disappeared from firefox menu? agrhhhhh!!!

Edited once, last by infoalter (July 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM).

• The Amlogic memory management issue is now solved for you guys?
    Maybe, its solved for some s905 boxes / some s905 hw configurations?
    I mean no one mentions it lately, although imho a showstopper issue...

Symptoms (in my case): Memory usage always increasing by a small ammount with every new video play, memory not released after video playback stopped,
    with every new video playback extra memory is added, resulting in freeze after a day or two ( or in an hour or two, depending on how one uses the player.... )

PS ermmm spell chek disappeared from firefox menu? agrhhhhh!!!

Same for me

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Hi,
    Hopefully someone can help me. I need a remote.conf file for the Mini MX box. I have tried extracting it from both Alex's OpenELEC and android original firmware (OTA update file) without success. I would appreciate it if someone has this file and sends it to me, or show me how to extract it myself. The problem is that every time we update to a new version of LibreELEC we have to manually update this file. I wish we had OTA updates or .tar files to avoid losing our set-ups every time we update.
    Thank you very much.