Posts by nosmokingbandit

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but I could not find anything via search.

I have this running on a S905 (LIBREELEC_ARCH="Generic_S905.arm") and I'm having trouble getting any docker containers to run. I get the error ```"no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries"

From what I understand, which is likely incomplete or just incorrect, is that armv8 is supposed to be treated the same as arm64 by docker, and these images (eg Medusa) have arm64 builds.

Is there anything I can do or is this just the nature of these old boxes?

Edit:

For anyone looking here in the future (including me), use the format "image: linuxserver/{container}:arm64v8-latest" for containers (assuming they support that target) and they will pull/run correctly.

I was under the impression, perhaps mistakenly so, that in order to flash libreelec to the emmc I would need to restore the original uboot (that seems to be corrupted), then load libreelec from the usb/sd and continue from there. I don't care at all about the original android fw, I just thought that was step 1 in getting this box back in a usable state.

If I understand you correctly I may be able to boot directly from the usb if the emmc is shorted?

So I may have bricked this box to the point of no return.

Its a T95M that I've had for some time and whenever I've done dumb things I could restore the original firmware via the amlogic burn tool, which would restore the original uboot and put everything back in order.

My box won't boot. I get a black screen (not a no signal screen, but a black screen) and nothing else. I can't get it to boot from usb or sd using the button in the AV plug hole.

I try to get the amlogic burn tool to see the box and nothing happens. Windows doesn't even make the sound it does when a device is plugged in. I try shorting the pins on the eeprom like I've done in the past, but the box remains invisible to my pc.

I don't have a uart, though I'd be willing to learn how to use one if it would give any insight to why or how this is trying to boot. But I'm hoping there is a simpler trick I'm not aware of.

Any chance I can bring this back to life?

I can't get this to boot on my MXQPlus via usb. The toothpick method just stalls at the Amlogic logo. When I reboot to recovery it just reboots to the normal android recovery menu.

edit: just tried with an SD card. Same result.

edit 2:
    So this is odd... I burned the image using both Rufus and HDDRawCopy and both failed. But when I look at this drive this is all that comes up:

mmcblk1 179:64 0 7.2G 0 disk
    ├─mmcblk1p1 179:65 0 512M 0 part
    └─mmcblk1p2 179:66 0 32M 0 part

So there is something missing.... I'll check out the images again and see what I can figure out.