Posts by Draghmar

I think this is the method you should use. Have you tried using a different SD card, made from scratch using e.g. Rufus? Do not replace dtb.img on LE SD card at this point, your box should boot with device tree that is supplied in image. Does it also tell about filesystem corruption on new SD card?

Unfortunetly this didn't work. By using boot to recovery I ended up in recovery menu. And that's it. I coudn't use different SD as I don't have one but I did full scan before burning imgage with Rufus. So that's probably all I can do with v006. I probably try my 'update form zip' method once again but with additional steps with device tree but I think I tried that already. In the worst case I will install Spotify to stream music and Moonlight to check how is going to work with it. ;)

I think this is the method you should use. Have you tried using a different SD card, made from scratch using e.g. Rufus? Do not replace dtb.img on LE SD card at this point, your box should boot with device tree that is supplied in image. Does it also tell about filesystem corruption on new SD card?

I always use Rufus to things like that. ;)
    I'll try your suggestion later because I'm at work right now. Thanks!

Ok...I don't expect anyone will help me but nevertheless I'll descibe my failed attemps to bring v006 into MXQ Pro Quick Play. As a side note - installing v005 works fine.
    I tried all the method...even more then in official guide:

• Toothpick - didn't work. Even if there is a switch on the board and it is soldered into it still it won't boot into recovery this way.
    • Boot to recovery:

• Android - there's no official option to do that but it's possible through some app. So I did boot into menu but all I've got was message that there's a corrupted file system or something like that. Check attachement to get the idea.
      • LE v005 - I tried to reboot recovery from SSH but unfortunetly it can't be rebooted this way. I think it's a known issue when device has LED on but nothing is happening.
    • Update from android - this method works for v005 and it is only way I could install v005. I used SD to put there contents of zip file with additional files that are required for v006 and then select this zip from Update&Recovery in Android. It rebooted as usuall but instead of installing update I saw Amlogic S905 logo (something that doesn't normally show up), then screen went black for ~1s and again Amlogic S905 logo has appeared. After that device booted as usuall into Android.

And that's all. I don't know if I'm missing something here.

Did you read OP? The steps are completly different with 006.

They are a little different but not as much as "completly". There is additional step with device tree.
    Anyway - there's no other way for me to install LE because toothpick won't work and I couldn't successfully use botting to recovery before. That's why I was using third option which uses update feature in Android where you put zip on SD and force to update from it. I wroted it for other to know that they are not alone if they have the same box.

Unfortunetly this didn't work because my device can't reboot. It's power off and stays in this state until I remove and insert power cord. I even tried toothpick method to be sure but that didn't help either.
    One additional thing - I had to back to Android after another issue so this time I forced Anroid to 1080p before flashing to LE which didn't help in any way.

You don't need to power the box as the computer usb will do that.

Load up the buring tool > load image > click start > plug in usb into box > plug in the cable to the computer > image should start to flash.

I already know that USB will power box when using tool. I tried your method but tool doesn't detect box. Don't know why because I flashed it this way before.
    That's why I was asking about way for getting into the console before Kodi is loading up.

Edit: Ok, I've manage to make it detect by resintalling tool so the drivers would be reinstalled as well. But when I try to flash it with image that previously worked I'm getting error:
    [0x00301001]Erease bootloader/Switch status/Enum device/Enum error

Edit2: I'm trying without Erease bootloader option checked to see what's going to happen...

Edit3: Funny...It worked. This time I forced Android to be in 1080p but after flashing LE I still can't switch GUI to 1080p. The same is with playing anything above 720p.

Ok, so I've got this problem...I did hard reset to factory default and now when I try to boot I'm stuck at Kodi loading screen. I can't get thourgh SSH as it seems disabled by default. I tried to use USB Burning Tool to bring Android to NAND and start installing LE once again. But with no luck. Tool don't see device :/ Any suggestions? Like - is there a way to interrupt booting to get to the console?

I can't switch Kodi to 1080p through settings menu because it ends up being glitched. So I'm wondering is there a way to force 1080p on boot so it would be this way from the start? Maybe there won't be any glitches when it's going to be FHD from the start...

Yeah it would be great if you could share your fix with me and others Especially since I can't register there because it seams that "5 minus 5" doesn't equal to 0 and other combinations of this number...

For the reference: my TV is Sony KDL47....something. I'm at work and don't remember exact model but it's old TV. I bought it over 5 years ago and even then it was on the brink of production ending. (it's has lamps as a backlight )

Hi
    My device is MXQ Pro Quick Play (S905).
    I'm using 7.0.2.005 build and I've installed it on NAND. It is vanilla build, no skins or add-ons.
    When I try to change GUI resolution to 1920x1080p (no difference between 50Hz and 60Hz) I'm getting artifacts like in this post and after few seconds screen gets back to 720p. The same happens when I try to play some 1080p content with one difference - screen stays with these artifacts, remote won't work and only unplugging helps.
    My logs are attached to this post. There is kodi log created with createlog, dmesg log and modes from /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes.

[Edit] No attachement at this moment - forum don't want to attach zip file for some reason...

[Edit2] Logs: kodi-logs.zip

BTW SSH works really slow. Don't know why. It's few second to type, execute...

I suggested (in post 385, above) to try this (but didn't see any response back to see if it worked or not), perhaps it might work for you ? ...
    Try turning off "Adjust display refresh rate" under settings/video/playback.

Yeah, I did try that even if this settings is for playback and I can't switch even GUI to 1080p.

[hr]

Didn't touch any video settings. Display detected as 1080. Haven't nmotefd any artifacts. Disabled RSS. Audio set to analog in output, Dolby and DTS capable receiver, then pass through enabled. Sound feeds to my Sony home theatre and I'm getting 5.1 sound.
    Had a bit of trouble getting some of my fav addons to install (or even finding them), so last night I used Backup to restore the file from my HTPC. Haven't had time for testing since, but it appears to have done so successfully. At first glance is appears exactly like my HTPC.

Ok, thanks. I think I'm going to reset LE and try to configure it once again without installing anything.

Just booted this on my MXQ Pro Quick play (v004) and WOW. Had issues with Kodi locking it up and having to pull power. Mostly stable if I used SPMC and disabled all acceleration, but video suffered.
    Anyway, took a couple of goes with audio settings to get sound correct. But hooked to my Sony Home Theatre with passthrough, I have 5.1sound, so far no lock up and picture quality is excellent.
    I've also loaded my preferred Transparency skin. A few more favourite add-ons to install, but colour me impressed. Thanks to Kszaq, this box finally working as expected.

Could you please tell me what your settings are? I have same device so it would great to have some reference.
    Can you play 1080p videos without any issues with picture? Did you set your GUI resolution to 1080p? Because I'm getting artifacts like this when playing 1080p content or trying to set GUI to this resolution.