OK many thanks Shoog!
Ah... i was afraid that normal procedure would not work and would brick the box ...i dont remember where i have read this, so i never gave it a try hahahahaha
Many thanks for reply, i will try later
Can anyone please explain for us that are not so tech-experts
what steps are needed to replace the installed windows with Libreelec
Too soon to speak about memory and hangs, BUT, it LOOKS LIKE your solution has fixed for me another problem
discussed in Intel forum here https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0d50p00004doxphsar/libreelec-graphics-error-nuc-7pjyh?language=en_us
and also discussed in Kodi forums here LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
I have not applied the solution proposed in those topics as i did not care much about those artifacts at the top of the screen ( they did not bother me since they are never visible during video playback)
Maye LE guys should take a look at those problems too before the new release.
There is something seriously wrong with the way Kodi manages memory (at least the x86_64 Linux version).
I think so too... Never had problems with older hardware and older libreelec (or openelec), i remember machine was up and running like forever until i wanted to power off for some reason. New versions have a max life not more than 4-5 days of always increasing memory use, before hang and become unresponsive. I have added 8 giga RAM ( DDR4 ), did not help at all ( now system hangs when ram usageis about 40-50%
Question: How can i test your suggestion? I do not see a kodi.conf file, do i need to create one and add this line?
Ah! the z83
I have one Z83 myself gathering dust ...not powerful enough for win 10 (imho)
Should be ok for libreelec though - i hope! -
And, it would be really nice to raise from the dead and have something useful to do
SO... any help is welcomed. Anyone had success with deleting the awefull OS and installing Libre?
You are looking in /addons
The playlist and all settings are in /userdata/addon_data
+1 to the request for a new nightly please ( LE 9.1 )
Edit, April 10: File deleted.
Here is an update for anyone needing the latest emu version
First, install service from Livs post above.
As explained do not update ( you can disconnect the internet when installing, and re connect after you uncheck the "auto update" button in Kodi ( My addons > services ) to prevent future updates
The, replace the oscam file found in folder .kodi\addons\service.softcam.oscam\bin with the one attached in my post
In my case, it works fine with Milhouse latest nightly :Code
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s debug_level=64
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) System name = Linux
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) Host name = LibreELEC
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) Release = 5.0.3
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) Version = #1 SMP Fri Mar 22 21:05:10 GMT 2019
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) Machine = x86_64
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) creating pidfile /tmp/.oscam/oscam.pid with pid 24161
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (config) services reloaded: 0 services freed, 1 services loaded, rejected 0
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (emu) OSCam-Emu version 791
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (config) userdb reloaded: 1 accounts loaded, 0 expired, 0 disabled
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (main) signal handling initialized
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (config) 5 provid's loaded
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (config) 146 service-id's loaded in 0 ms
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (reader) emulator [emu] creating thread for device emulator
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (reader) SoftCam.Key [constcw] creating thread for device /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.softcam.oscam/config/SoftCam.Key
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (emmcache) loading emmcache disabled since no reader is using it!
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 00000000 s (emmcache) loading emmstats disabled since no reader is using it!
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 52F67EF3 r (reader) emulator [emu] Reader initialized (device=emulator, detect=cd, mhz=357, cardmhz=357)
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 61F1AB6C p (constcw) Local reader: SoftCam.Key (file: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.softcam.oscam/config/SoftCam.Key)
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 61F1AB6C p (reader) SoftCam.Key [constcw] proxy initialized, server /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.softcam.oscam/config/SoftCam.Key:0
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 3F296FFC c (client) plain dvbapi-client granted (tvheadend, au=auto (2 reader))
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 3F296FFC c (dvbapi) dvbapi channelcache loaded from /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.softcam.oscam/config/oscam.ccache
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 3F296FFC c (dvbapi) Using TCP listen socket, API forced to DVBAPIv3 (0), userconfig boxtype: 11
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 72A7A07F h (webif) webif: decompressed 180628 bytes back into 446048 bytes
- 2019/03/23 23:26:00 72A7A07F h (webif) HTTP Server running. ip=0.0.0.0 port=8888
- 2019/03/23 23:26:01 52F67EF3 r (reader) emulator [emu] card detected
- 2019/03/23 23:26:02 52F67EF3 r (reader) emulator [emu] found card system emu
- 2019/03/23 23:26:02 52F67EF3 r (reader) emulator [emu] THIS WAS A SUCCESSFUL START ATTEMPT No 1 out of max allotted of 1
- 2019/03/23 23:26:02 52F67EF3 r (emu) Reading key file
Many thanks L... i appreciate your help ...
I will definitely try!
6 more people already downloaded before me (!!!), so it looks like more people need it,
i m hoping whenever someone has a newer version to post it here and keep this topic alive with updates
No reply at all means
1. i should either change OS or
2. if i insist in using Libre i should buy some of those "all-in-one" Chinesee boxes,
am i correct? Maybe i m missing something
Any chance someone can share the latest oscam-emu for libreelec 9.0 ( generic X86 -64 )
I can only find some builds for ARM based processors ( libreelec for s905/912 boxes etc)
If its just for Libreelec, do NOT buy a J5005 board
The problem is NOT fixed, and it does not look like its gonna be fixed soon...
I have been trying all sort of solutions mentioned here and in other forum topics, nothing works.
Me, personally, i dont mind, BUT for most people this can be very annoying... And suggests a serious underlying issue...
I am having the same problem, been trying all sorts of suggested tricks but nothing fixed it.
What i notice is that we all have an Intel J5005 processor, i guess it can be related to the specific processor meaning only an update for motherboard bios COULD fix this problem. Maybe we should ask at motherboard manufacturer support... But i m not expecting miracles
Just a warm thank you guys for all this work
I will do that
Edit: looks like chmod is not working, ...so, remove + fix using windows should be the way...
thanks for reply
I think the disk is NTFS, really not sure ( I was using it in windows 7 long tims ago, before i switch to libreelec)