Posts by infoalter

Ah... i was afraid that normal procedure would not work and would brick the box ...i dont remember where i have read this, so i never gave it a try hahahahaha

Many thanks for reply, i will try later :)

Can anyone please explain for us that are not so tech-experts

what steps are needed to replace the installed windows with Libreelec

Too soon to speak about memory and hangs, BUT, it LOOKS LIKE your solution has fixed for me another problem

discussed in Intel forum here https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0d50p00004doxphsar/libreelec-graphics-error-nuc-7pjyh?language=en_us

and also discussed in Kodi forums here LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

I have not applied the solution proposed in those topics as i did not care much about those artifacts at the top of the screen ( they did not bother me since they are never visible during video playback)

Maye LE guys should take a look at those problems too before the new release.

There is something seriously wrong with the way Kodi manages memory (at least the x86_64 Linux version).

I think so too... Never had problems with older hardware and older libreelec (or openelec), i remember machine was up and running like forever until i wanted to power off for some reason. New versions have a max life not more than 4-5 days of always increasing memory use, before hang and become unresponsive. I have added 8 giga RAM ( DDR4 ), did not help at all ( now system hangs when ram usageis about 40-50%

Question: How can i test your suggestion? I do not see a kodi.conf file, do i need to create one and add this line?

Ah! the z83

I have one Z83 myself gathering dust ...not powerful enough for win 10 (imho)

Should be ok for libreelec though - i hope! -

And, it would be really nice to raise from the dead and have something useful to do :P

SO... any help is welcomed. Anyone had success with deleting the awefull OS and installing Libre?

Edit, April 10: File deleted.

Here is an update for anyone needing the latest emu version

First, install service from Livs post above.

As explained do not update ( you can disconnect the internet when installing, and re connect after you uncheck the "auto update" button in Kodi ( My addons > services ) to prevent future updates

The, replace the oscam file found in folder .kodi\addons\service.softcam.oscam\bin with the one attached in my post

Code
    1. Emu version 791

In my case, it works fine with Milhouse latest nightly :

Many thanks L... i appreciate your help ...

I will definitely try!

6 more people already downloaded before me (!!!), so it looks like more people need it,

i m hoping whenever someone has a newer version to post it here and keep this topic alive with updates

Any chance someone can share the latest oscam-emu for libreelec 9.0 ( generic X86 -64 )

I can only find some builds for ARM based processors ( libreelec for s905/912 boxes etc)

Thanks...

If its just for Libreelec, do NOT buy a J5005 board

The problem is NOT fixed, and it does not look like its gonna be fixed soon...

I have been trying all sort of solutions mentioned here and in other forum topics, nothing works.

Me, personally, i dont mind, BUT for most people this can be very annoying... And suggests a serious underlying issue...

Avoid J5005...

I am having the same problem, been trying all sorts of suggested tricks but nothing fixed it.

What i notice is that we all have an Intel J5005 processor, i guess it can be related to the specific processor meaning only an update for motherboard bios COULD fix this problem. Maybe we should ask at motherboard manufacturer support... But i m not expecting miracles :(

I will do that

thanks

Edit: looks like chmod is not working, ...so, remove + fix using windows should be the way...

Code
    1. LibreELEC:~ # chown root /var/media/TERA
    2. chown: /var/media/TERA: Read-only file system
    3. LibreELEC:~ # chmod 777 /var/media/TERA
    4. chmod: /var/media/TERA: Read-only file system
    5. LibreELEC:~ # chmod 0777 /var/media/TERA
    6. chmod: /var/media/TERA: Read-only file system
    7. LibreELEC:~ #