VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Is the first error log without nobind? It's showing a TLS error rather than the timeout error previously.

Can you download a standard PureVPN UDP ovpn from their support site (the Linux flavour one) and try using that from the command line - you'll need to make sure the ovpn is pointing at the two keys/certs.

• Ok originally I thought my ISP was blocking, but after talking with purevpn, I tried configuring using their files on my Asus Merlin WRT Firmware router, UDP worked perfectly, after I got the correct server name from purevpn.

So the server names are not correct in their files that are posted, so you have to get them from vpn-servers.

The ones listed in their OVPN files are wrong and don't resolve to DNS.

I've added screen shots of the my asus router configuration.

• Ok originally I thought my ISP was blocking, but after talking with purevpn, I tried configuring using their files on my Asus Merlin WRT Firmware router, UDP worked perfectly, after I got the correct server name from purevpn.

So the server names are not correct in their files that are posted, so you have to get them from vpn-servers.

The ones listed in their OVPN files are wrong and don't resolve to DNS.

I've added screen shots of the my asus router configuration.

The files that they supply are wrong!? Quality outfit.
    If you use the server name in the link that you provided with the add-on, does it work? It's difficult to be sure what all of the options are from the screenshots, but I think it'd be ok with nobind removed as previously

Edited once, last by zomboided (May 2, 2017 at 8:16 AM).

• The ones listed in their OVPN files are wrong and don't resolve to DNS.

PureVPN Failed DNS leak check in current reviews Tech Radar.
    Lot of security issues with this VPN Provider.
    I'm not saying this is your issue. Just be aware.

• Kostaman has a point....honestly, after being unable to supply files that allow people to connect to their service, and this horrific carry on here OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Massive security issue:certain VPN providers on OE (1/1) them leaking DNS doesn't surprise me one little bit.

Actually jg555, you shoudl read that thread and work out if you're exposed, espeically if you're using your modem/router as the VPN.

Edited once, last by zomboided (May 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM).

• I double checked everything did a few nmap scans, no issues at all. They have closed all their holes and issues. One thing that I did notice, it's not a PureVPN issue, is that it takes about 5 mins after you connect for the IP to report correctly. The same issue happens with PIA as well.

I also tried to remote access in from some of the servers I have up at a data center, I was not able to SSH or web browse the ip at all.

• Yeah, you know I use PIA and don't see it delaying reporting where it is. But others clearly do see this problem and I've never been able to work out if it's related to the VPN provider or the ISP because there doesn't seem to be a pattern. But it is what it is, and I'm not gonna fix it beyond offering up the different options to resolve with different IP info services.

Glad you're sorted with Pure.

• I double checked everything did a few nmap scans, no issues at all. They have closed all their holes and issues. One thing that I did notice, it's not a PureVPN issue, is that it takes about 5 mins after you connect for the IP to report correctly. The same issue happens with PIA as well.

I also tried to remote access in from some of the servers I have up at a data center, I was not able to SSH or web browse the ip at all.

Absolutely not the case. Perhaps they enabled their paid firewall extra addon for you for some days in case you complained about their security towards the support chat (was the case for me). But then they will disable it without any warning in some days or after a week again.

If your vpn connection is established on your LibreELEC device without any iptables rules (see here: thread-2517.html?highlight=vpn), then at least your libreelec webserver port 8080 and ssh 22 is accesible from everywhere by everyone. Just tested it some minutes ago. Of course only if you have the webserver running (for e.g. Yatse remote) and SSH enabled. But anyways... the purevpn servers pass any connection attempt and ssh login (which is always root:libreelec) without any security.

just do a "curl ifconfig.co" on your libreELEC machine and then open the reported IP:8080 in a browser.

Setting up the iptables like this solves the issue:

Code
    # perform "systemctl restart iptables.service" after editing rules
    *filter
    -A INPUT -i tun+ -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
    -A INPUT -i tun+ -j DROP
    COMMIT

Actually jg555, you shoudl read that thread and work out if you're exposed, espeically if you're using your modem/router as the VPN.

In case he uses his modem/router he'll probably be more on the safer side, as there might be a default iptables config or so, that will protect his network. It is LibreELEC which is a bigger concern without doing the proper steps.

Edited once, last by infinity85 (May 3, 2017 at 2:29 PM).

• Just wanted to say thx for this. Working perfectly for me. I'm using Newhosting VPN which isn't on the list but just imported one of their ovpn files using udp and it works perfectly. So once again much thx! :)

• I have no problems with VPN MANAGER FOR OPENVPN.
    But I want to share my vpn connection via hotspot in LibreELEC.
    When VPN manager is not connected there's internet for the hotspot in LibreELEC.
    But when VPN manager is enabled and connected the hotspost in LibreELEC is not working and there's no internet.
    Anyone can help me regarding this? Thanks.

• I have two rpi3s with fresh installs of libreelec 8.01 in my house and have VPN manager installed.
    The problem I have with both rpi3s is that the connection drops every couple of minutes and it is forced to reconnect all the time. I cannot get it stable at all. Is there a setting I am missing?
    I am setup with PIA, and strangely enough, it worked fine with my rpi2 that the rpi3 replaced.

Edited once, last by Nickmax1 (May 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM).

• It seems that after an automatic update off the vpn manager, the add-on is not able to reconnect with the primary vpn gateway. I am using vpn.ac as my vpn provider.

After the recent update I was disconnected and it seems that the add-on was not able to reconnect by itself. Apart from this incident the add-on works very reliable for me in combination with vpn.ac.

Whats the point of the other thread? I just posted there by incident...

Edited once, last by backslash (May 12, 2017 at 2:46 PM).

• Hi guys, A quick question if I may. Can this be set up with PIA to just run as and when with certain addons once in Kodi. I don't want it running all the time whilst I am in Kodi, but just with certain addons at certain times. In other words is there some sort of button I can turn on to activate once in Kodi rather than having it running all the time?

Thanks

• Can this be set up with PIA to just run as and when with certain addons once in Kodi. I don't want it running all the time whilst I am in Kodi, but just with certain addons at certain times.

In the VPN Addon Manager settings use FILTERING to select addons you want VPN to disconnect.