remote.conf repository

• Please help, have been trying for 3 weeks to get this remote working. It came with a Hamswan OTT TV Box (MXQ S805), it's slightly different to the one that comes with most other MXQ boxes and I can't find a remote.conf that works.

• Please help, have been trying for 3 weeks to get this remote working. It came with a Hamswan OTT TV Box (MXQ S805), it's slightly different to the one that comes with most other MXQ boxes and I can't find a remote.conf that works.

Try this one remote.zip?dl=1 It was made last year for the MXQ M12 S805 box and worked fine so good luck and hope it works well for you too.

Edited once, last by RayW (April 2, 2017 at 1:20 PM).

• I tried to access storage/.config by File manager tool in LibreElec but could not access this folder. The keymap add-on is also not effective for me. Will try ssh method. But most of my PC/laptop are Windows so need more learning to get it done. However, I accidently found that my TVs (Sharp and LG) remotes can control Kodi with navigation buttons, play/stop and turn off. So the CEC control do the magic here. Not all functions but somehow fit my need before fixing the correct remote.conf one!

• I tried to access storage/.config by File manager tool in LibreElec but could not access this folder. The keymap add-on is also not effective for me. Will try ssh method. But most of my PC/laptop are Windows so need more learning to get it done. However, I accidently found that my TVs (Sharp and LG) remotes can control Kodi with navigation buttons, play/stop and turn off. So the CEC control do the magic here. Not all functions but somehow fit my need before fixing the correct remote.conf one!

Make sure in KODI settings (somewhere that I cannot remember right now) you enable the features to be able to view hidden and system files and also the other option to enable you to edit and delete files too. Then you will see the storage area no problem. using file manager.

Edited once, last by RayW (April 4, 2017 at 10:57 AM).

• Thanks but it didn't work, buttons all mixed up.

From this post thread-2915.html
    that is not the exact post, but from what I remember

ssh into the box. type dmesg press a button on the remote & make a note of the code then edit the remote file

found this Tutorial - how we create our own ir remote | MINIX Forum - Official

Remote control configuration for Libreelec on Amlogic Socs | Micro Devices

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (April 5, 2017 at 7:41 PM).

Hey i have same remote and make config by myself.Most buttons work.I will upload here tonight! If you found stock remote.conf please tell me.

• currently using tanix tx3 pro 8.0.1c, tried building from scratch and copying other .conf but remote mouse doesn't work. all other buttons work. when I click the mouse icon, it doesn't show any arrow.

• Hoping someone can help me out, I have two MXQ Pro 4K's with different remotes. One has factory_code 0x4040000, the other factory_code 0xfe010001. I found these codes in remote.conf on android with root explorer. The remote with factory_code 0xfe010001 I can get to work on both boxes by copying the same remote.conf that I found in android root to the LibreELEC SD card, the other remote however will not work on both boxes and I can't figure out why. It's only a matter of changing factory_code in remote.conf on the root of the SD right? Or do I have to put this remote.conf somewhere else?
    [hr]

tried all remote.conf files not one would work for my mxq found an old back up and pulled the remote.conf from it
    i will upload hope it helps some one

This! My remote.conf has the exact same factory_code as his but for the love of God it will not work in LibreELEC. Also not in android btw.

Edited once, last by freekdl (April 26, 2017 at 11:19 PM).

• I have a QBox, which often comes with the remote in post #11.

My remote, however, looks like this.

Whatever remote.conf file I copy to the .config directory fails to work - pushing buttons has no effect and I need to ssh, delete the file and reboot to gain control.

Anyone have a qbox with this remote? Or, should any remote.conf built for this remote work on my machine?

Help?

Andrew

• Whatever remote.conf file I copy to the .config directory fails to work - pushing buttons has no effect and I need to ssh, delete the file and reboot to gain control.

I hope you reboot the box after the remote.conf file is copied to the config directory ?
    It will only be recognised after the box boots up.

• I have Wetek Play 2 running LibreELEC 8.01 and I am using a Logitech One remote, with a Flirc usb set to XBMC, which works very well except the command for next language which I added from the Logitech list of commands

Does anyone know Is there such a command in LibreELEC 8.01, what the code is for this and how I can program it in please

• I need one for a tx3 pro, the remote looks just like the one in post #11 and I am currently using that remote.conf, but it will not allow the box to come back on using the power button. The power button will allow the box to power off, but not come back on. The red media, green music, yellow web and blue app buttons do not work either. Everything else works as it should.